Can I play too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so. I found this Nightmare Before Christmas cake that I adore! If only I could use a topper like that but have the cake with white, silver and red colors only...
groomscake-nightmarebeforechristmas.jpg

Mandy - That chapel is beautiful and a pretty good 2nd choice. I can see some really gorgeous pictures being taken in that archway.

Maria - I showed my mom that cake powerpoint and she too loved the roses and drapes one. Actually, she loved them all. If it were up to her I'd probably end up with one of each cake :laughing: Oh, and I like the way your DBF thinks, I order from the kid's menu all the time. Disney has the best kid's mac and cheese ever :thumbsup2

Caribbeanprincess - I love, love, love that cake! I'm a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan, and if I could convince DBF to have an NBC themed wedding I'd be alllll over it.

Oh that cake is too cute!! And it's your wedding (or it will be ;) ) you can have any colors you want!!

All this talk about food and I'm hungry!!

Oh darn, I can't see the pictures! Stupid work! :sad2: And yeah, my DBF is definitely a meat-and-potatoes (and chicken tenders!) kind of guy! He would literally be OK with a kid's meal at ANY wedding...he just hates typical wedding food!

Yay, I'm back at home and I can see the pics! Yep, that's exactly it Mandy! He loves that cake....like to the point of obsession! LOL

Please, please don't start the clique topic again. We welcome everyone in here. Planning a wedding or not planning a wedding, single or already married, anybody and everybody is welcome :grouphug: Yes, we do visit this thread daily, but this is like a PJ for us girls who aren't quite there yet. We're just sharing ideas with each other just like we would in a PJ.

Ditto :thumbsup2 .

Maria - I showed my mom that cake powerpoint and she too loved the roses and drapes one. Actually, she loved them all. If it were up to her I'd probably end up with one of each cake :laughing: Oh, and I like the way your DBF thinks, I order from the kid's menu all the time. Disney has the best kid's mac and cheese ever :thumbsup2

Your mom sounds just like me! I absolutely love all (well, most) of the cakes on the powerpoint! I like the Happily Ever After one the best but DBF thinks it's too cheesy :sad2: . Sigh, you can't win 'em all can you? :upsidedow

I would love to surprise him with a cake like one of these:

1515958001_2e9926e8bf.jpg

246142953_78c54ad543.jpg

He is a gamer and an all around huge nerd, so it would probably either be a video game or comic book cake (or World of Warcraft :rolleyes:)

I told him he can have one of these:
1516207003_4cda11dc58.jpg

:laughing:

Lol well at least I know I'm not the only dbf that is a geek. He is also a gamer (Final Fantasy):rotfl: I am actually trying to design him a tattoo (his first) based on Final Fantasy and golf...Oy.

Rebecca,

A webmaster already came in and approved this thread, as a someone else already showed you. This topic is already covered and dead. The reason we are supposively "ignoring" your points is that they've already been made and dealt with, and honestly, no one here wants added drama to something that has already been taken care of and given a green light.

I really don't get it:confused3 You girls have the ENTIRE wedding board...and if you pay attention closely, you will see that we do post on other threads. You are completely right in that there are areas we can't offer advice or answers because we aren't at that point yet.

We took ONE thread to discuss our future plans, and for some reason that is bothering you enough that you have to continue coming on to this thread and attacking us...which I believe is against the dis boards policy.

3. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM

I come to this board because everyone is so nice and helpful. They have welcomed us to every thread, even though we aren't officially planning anything yet, and we have done the same in return!

How childish is this?? No one here is doing anything wrong! And because you feel other people have been treated poorly, that gives you the right to talk to us like that? :sad2: It's too bad you are trying so hard to take this away from us and I hope if it ever does happen you feel good about yourself.

This has nothing to do with you. This has everything to do with the politics of this board. I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the policies of this place. They can't say no to one person and yes to another, can they? Do you agree that it is a right way to govern this place? Let some people go off topic and dont let others? If you do, they might have an opening in board moderating you should look into. And you know what? I feel great! Thanks for asking hunny :goodvibes

Dawrobin, Id love to marry you! Do you think we should start a PJ? :cutie:

This thread is NOT off topic...we did not start a thread on the wedding board talking about something that is NOT wedding related. I guess I missed the rule that said I needed a ring on my finger to post here. There are women on this board who aren't getting married for YEARS yet, but because they have the ring, they are allowed to post:confused3 I agree the policy should be consistent but we obviously have different ideas of what is the topic of this board and what is not.

oh, and mainstmelody, we do have the entire wedding board,... you are right... know why? this is a DISNEY dedicated website. Where people come to get information about disney weddings and disney honeymoons. If they want to keep people on topic so bad, we really need to get ON topic and talk about disney weddings and disney honeymoons. again, not an attack on you, just the people in charge.

And here's the thing...we are talking about Disney Weddings! Do we know the specifics yet? Nope. Who cares (besides you of course). You can keep telling me all you want that this isn't personal and you aren't attacking us, but you are. And you are trying your hardest, in the most condesending tone possible, to get this thread closed. And the fact that you are doing this because you are mad about other threads that were closed because they are friends of yours isn't clickey?:rolleyes:

Everyone, please take a deep breath.

About the "off-topic" comments: This forum is for the discussion of and planning of Disney weddings. This thread is discussing and dreaming about Disney weddings, and that is ABSOLUTELY on-topic and welcome here!

This is a place for past, future and potential Disney brides and others interested in Disney weddings to discuss, plan or reminisce about those events.

Just a reminder...

Oh and one more "reminder"...

The two of you can keep this up all you want, but as said multiple times, the Mods have agreed we are ON topic. I am sorry your personal opinion differs from that.

Now to get back to the topic at hand :goodvibes

What about invitations girls?? I keep thinking about this because if we end up with an Escape wedding I feel silly sending invites to our parents and brothers and that's all:confused3 But I can't NOT send them out, and will probably have to send out invites to an at home reception.

It is nowhere near as childish as being women and girls who perpetuate stereotypes that women are obsessed with getting married,

I'm not obsessed with getting married. I have quite a lot of other hobbies and I know these young women do as well. It's not fair to generalize everyone into one lump category and to have a perception in your head when you don't even know them at all. What's childish is that you'll come onto a forum, go into a thread, and bash random people that you will (most likely) never meet.

tricking men into proposing, want to get married after weeks of dating etc.

My DBF and I have been dating for 2 and a half years, and we've known each other for 5. That's a heck of a lot longer than a lot of couples, and even some planning their weddings right now! And LOL at your comment about "tricking men into proposing"; a) I haven't even seen the topic addressed in this thread and b) that's just pathetic. Who does that? I've already been proposed to, the only reason I don't run around saying I'm engaged is because my DBF proposed with a promise ring and HE (not I) feels ashamed at the prospect of me flashing my promise ring and telling people I'm engaged. I could care less; he wants to do the whole "Tiffany diamond engagement ring" schpell. HE calls me his fiancee; I call him my DBF.

Before you start assuming personal things about other people's relationships, you should probably read more of the stories on here; a lot of them are similar to mine and, if anything, most of the girls are at a point where they can OPENLY talk about marriage with their DBFs, it's not like they're planning a wedding behind their SO's backs.

MOST women I know are NOT like this, but society's opinion is that they are, because the craazy is more noticeable than the sane.

So yes- I find the existence of this thread incredibly offensive. All women should who hope to not be llumoed into the same category as you.

Some people find EVERYTHING offensive :rolleyes: . So what I am gathering is that you think we're all crazy? Well, I can only speak for myself here as I don't really know many of the girls here very well but I am definitely NOT obsessed with my wedding. It's always nice, however, to find a group of women at the same stage of their lives as you that can freely comment about ideas and situations that you may be facing at the particular moment. I don't see the big deal, I honestly don't. It just seems like a rejection based upon the fact that other girls were banned from the board because of the mods deeming their posts "off topic". I can honestly say that I also thought that was unjust and unfair and I completely disagreed with it. But why would you lump this thread into the same category? This is wedding-related; it's not like we're talking about buy a car or finding cheap Disney tickets. There's been some of threads that had NOTHING to do with planning weddings and that contain questions that were better suited for the Resort Board or the Restaurant Board or even the DVC board but no one has said anything. THAT's a double standard.

I really don't mean to pick on anyone but this had to be said. No hard feelings, just a firm exchange of opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter