Can I RD both Remy and Frozen on a 9/10 crowd day

hultrain

Mouseketeer
What the title says. We’re going to be at Epcot in a 9/10 crowd day (Spring Break). Is it possible to RD Remy and then Frozen before the wait gets too long or am I better off RD’ing Remy and getting a LL for Frozen?
Forgot to mention we’re staying on site and will be coming from the Intl Gateway for ETPE

Last edited:
What the title says. We’re going to be at Epcot in a 9/10 crowd day (Spring Break). Is it possible to RD Remy and then Grozen before the wait gets too long or am I better off RD’ing Remy and getting a LL for Frozen?
Remy and Frozen are not very close to each other. It would easily be a ten-minute walk from one to another. The people entering at the International Gateway, which is a lot of resort guests, have an advantage when it comes to getting to Remy fast. If you get through the line and off the ride quickly then you could reach the second ride before the park opens to non-resort guests, but it would be close.

I'd get a LL for one or the other. It's a long walk from Remi to Frozen and you will likely end up in a long line. I'd probably grab a LL for Frozen at 7am (after getting a VQ for GOTG, of course!), RD Remi, then walk down to Soarin/Lands area to knock off that section of the park. After that I'd make my way to Frozen and do whatever attractions you like around that area (TT, SE, etc.).

We rope dropped Remy from the International Gateway in October 2022 at early opening which was 8:00 am and we were off the ride by 8:30.

Thrill-data shows that the wait time for Frozen that day at 8:35 was 35 minutes, but it had jumped to 60 minutes by 8:45.

Agreeing with others. Due to the time to ride attraction and distance between rides, I would recommend RDing Remy and getting a LL for frozen.

It might be worth noting that you'll want to be at the front of the pack at the international gateway - essentially rope dropping rope drop.

I'd get a LL for one or the other. It's a long walk from Remi to Frozen and you will likely end up in a long line. I'd probably grab a LL for Frozen at 7am (after getting a VQ for GOTG, of course!), RD Remi, then walk down to Soarin/Lands area to knock off that section of the park. After that I'd make my way to Frozen and do whatever attractions you like around that area (TT, SE, etc.).
Exactly what we did. It worked phenomenally.

What the title says. We’re going to be at Epcot in a 9/10 crowd day (Spring Break). Is it possible to RD Remy and then Frozen before the wait gets too long or am I better off RD’ing Remy and getting a LL for Frozen?
Forgot to mention we’re staying on site and will be coming from the Intl Gateway for ETPE
If you're prepared to be at the skyliner close to 2 hrs. prior to Epcots open for resort guests, so 630ish for an 830 early. entry (we just did this over presidents day,) and then stay on top of things to try to be as close to the first few groups. through security, and then again at the scans and again at the line on the bridge and again at the invisible rope at the entrance of france and then stay up with the cms walking you to the remy line, and power walk (it's a hike) to Frozen after, you should walk on to remy and have around a 20ish min. wait for frozen. - This is assuming there are no opening delays. Certainly possible, but a lil stressful and a bit of a work out lol.

Who doesn't love a rope drop or bus sprint to start their morning.

Last time we went to Epcot, Remy stopped running during EE, so we got there - more or less- for nothing. Remy didn't reopen until after 9:20am.

Most likely, unless you are very aggressive about being in the front of the pack, you will have some wait for Remy. Most likely, by the time you get off Remy, you'll have some wait at FEA if you choose the standby queue, but you will still be ahead of peak wait.

If you opt to get G+, you will only have limited control of the return time you are offered. Last spring, we opted to buy G+, we chose Remy. The app said Remy was not being offered at 7am. I kept trying, and within 15seconds, I was able to get Remy, but the return time was 9pm! FEA was a bit easier to get, but times for FEA were also quickly gobbled up.

If you are only planning to go to Epcot that day, then G+ is of somewhat limited value, IMO, due to the total number of attractions (that get long waits) in Epcot, assuming you arrive early and/or stay late. It also depends how much you plan to focus on long-wait rides vs. everything else in Epcot.

By 11am, waits for the top attractions will be rather long unless you have G+, or skip one. Just skipping 1 peak attraction = you can ride much of what is in Epcot without having to wait more than 30minutes for most of Epcot. If those are the only big rides you plan to do that day, I would not buy G+.

G+ will save some time in Epcot, but it is not essential. It depends how well you tolerate waits, how aggressive you plan to be with early arrival, and how much you plan on hitting all the long-wait attractions. Lots of times we've spent a whole day in Epcot and not gone on any rides at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter