Can I ride with 4 year old using her fast pass if I don't have one?

rebeccadunham

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling with my husband, mother in law, our 9 year old daughter and our 4 year old daughter. Our 4 year old is 38" tall. She will not be tall enough to ride some of the rides we want to get fast passes for. I was thinking the other 4 of us could ride these rides in groups of 2 to switch off watching the little one, would this work if we all stand in line together? This will leave the 4 year old with unused fast passes, if we get her a fast pass for a ride she's able to ride can one of us ride with her without having a fast pass of our own?

Try a rider swap. There's lots of info on the boards about them. That would work better for you.

I agree, rider swap is the best option for your party. Don't book fastpasses for your daughter for rides she can't go on.

I will be traveling with my husband, mother in law, our 9 year old daughter and our 4 year old daughter. Our 4 year old is 38" tall. She will not be tall enough to ride some of the rides we want to get fast passes for. I was thinking the other 4 of us could ride these rides in groups of 2 to switch off watching the little one, would this work if we all stand in line together? This will leave the 4 year old with unused fast passes, if we get her a fast pass for a ride she's able to ride can one of us ride with her without having a fast pass of our own?

There are a lot of things in your post that won't work. First, a child too short to go on an attraction will not be allowed in the queue in the first place, so you can't stay in line together to start. You can ask for a rider swap card though, at the entrance to the queue. Ask the CM at the entrance for one, show the too-short-to-ride child, and you should be given a lanyard to use in the queue that will be exchanged at the end of the queue by a CM that will give you a rider swap pass. It will allow 3 people to use the FP+ queue to access the ride, I believe.

Second, in order to use the FP+ queue, you must have a FP for yourself and your daughter. But since you won't need one for the rider swap (unless that has changed?) you can book hers and yours for something different than the one the other three are going on.

I also have a question about this! A couple years ago I booked a fastpass for my husband and two older girls to ride thunder mountain. At the same time, I booked my younger daughter and I on a fastpass for Aladdin since she was not tall enough for TM. I thought this was so perfect. Rides are close by, and everyone wins since my little one could not ride with her big sisters, and my other baby daughter could also ride on Magic Carpets on my lap. When I showed up, the fastpass (although registered in my plans), would not work since we had other members of our party already scheduled on a fastpass at the same time. Why cant you do this? The CM was sweet and waved me through anyway since I was genuinely clueless, but I never understood why two of us could not make separate plans. As long as we are all only booking 3 fastpasses per day, why the restriction?

Penman- I was there a month ago and had no problems doing what you tried to do. If it was an issue a few years ago it's not anymore.

I also have a question about this! A couple years ago I booked a fastpass for my husband and two older girls to ride thunder mountain. At the same time, I booked my younger daughter and I on a fastpass for Aladdin since she was not tall enough for TM. I thought this was so perfect. Rides are close by, and everyone wins since my little one could not ride with her big sisters, and my other baby daughter could also ride on Magic Carpets on my lap. When I showed up, the fastpass (although registered in my plans), would not work since we had other members of our party already scheduled on a fastpass at the same time. Why cant you do this? The CM was sweet and waved me through anyway since I was genuinely clueless, but I never understood why two of us could not make separate plans. As long as we are all only booking 3 fastpasses per day, why the restriction?

Hmmmm.... last year I was able to book DH and DS FP for Mine Train and DD and I had FP for Winnie the Pooh at the same time. No issues. It probably was a computer error for you.

Like everyone else said, Rider swap is perfect for just this scenario.
It's a little confusing, so here's exactly what you should do:
DH, MIL, and 9yo get fastpass for big person ride
You and 4yo get fastpass for little person ride around the same time.

At fastpass time, the whole group goes to the big person ride. Approach the first CM that you see, and say you need a baby swap pass. Show them the 4yo. They'll give you a little piece of paper that is the rider swap pass. It's good for up to 3 people to ride the big person ride anytime until the end of the month. [Depending on the ride, they may give you the actual pass or they may give it to the first group once they actually ride the ride. Doesn't matter, just do what the CM says.]

Then the first group rides the big person ride.
You and 4yo go ride the little person ride.

At some point later in your trip, you, DH, and 9yo ride the big person ride using the baby swap pass. No fastpass needed - the baby swap pass will get you into the fastpass line.

(And MIL goes and gets ice cream with the 4yo)

Hope this helps!

Like everyone else said, Rider swap is perfect for just this scenario.
It's a little confusing, so here's exactly what you should do:
DH, MIL, and 9yo get fastpass for big person ride
You and 4yo get fastpass for little person ride around the same time.

At fastpass time, the whole group goes to the big person ride. Approach the first CM that you see, and say you need a baby swap pass. Show them the 4yo. They'll give you a little piece of paper that is the rider swap pass. It's good for up to 3 people to ride the big person ride anytime until the end of the month. [Depending on the ride, they may give you the actual pass or they may give it to the first group once they actually ride the ride. Doesn't matter, just do what the CM says.]

Then the first group rides the big person ride.
You and 4yo go ride the little person ride.

At some point later in your trip, you, DH, and 9yo ride the big person ride using the baby swap pass. No fastpass needed - the baby swap pass will get you into the fastpass line.

(And MIL goes and gets ice cream with the 4yo)

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the in depth explanation! It was extremely helpful. I fully understand now! It made sense but was still a little overwhelming/confusing before. You gave a great explanation/example!

Thank you so much for the in depth explanation! It was extremely helpful. I fully understand now! It made sense but was still a little overwhelming/confusing before. You gave a great explanation/example!
just remember if 4 year old is too short to ride child is too short to stand in line even when doing child swap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter