can mom eating with us use Disney tranportation?

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
OK here's the scoop,

My wife and I will be down in a few weeks, and my mother who lives in Tampa, will be meeting us at DTD after she gets out of work one day. We will be meeting around 4pm at DTD, and she is going to dinner with us at 'Ohana.

MY question is can she take the Disney bus from DTD to Poly with us?

I know it is for Disney guests only but do they check. Hope I am not starting a debate over this, not sure if this is a hot button topic on the transportation boards as I don't usually read them.

I was thinking after we meet up we would walk around DTD for a bit and then bus over to poly watch the MK fireworks and then have dinner and then bus back to DTD and she could get her car when my wife and I head to CW at PI for a show or two.

Mike

Though it is rare, I have had bus drivers ask for resort ID. I think your Mom has a legitimate reason for using WDW transport (assuming you will have a PS at Ohana's), and would probably be allowed to do so. But, since your Mom's car will be there anyway, why not just use her car to get all of you to the Polynesian? They will allow you to park at the Poly for a limited time with a PS, it would be faster and more comfortable that WDW transport. Explain the situation to the front deskof your hotel, they may be able to give you an extra "on-site guest" window sheet so you won't have to pay parking at the MK gate (also with the placard you could go the "back way" by Ft. Wilderness.) Does your Mom have a Florida Resident Pass? I think they also get free parking.

Thanks for the response.

Yes we do have PS already for that night for three. I know they allow parking at Poly for PS as we drove there last year for our dinner there. I just thought it would be nice for her to take the bus as she is driving an hour to see us and an hour back home, so I was trying to reduce her driving there.

Also, she has never (to my knowledge) stayed on property to take advantage of the disney transportation. That will change as I gave her a two night OKW stay in March near her b'day for Xmas. I would like her to learn how convenient the transportation is, so she uses it in march.

I think I may just drive over to DTD that day and I will drive after we meet up to VWL and show her around VWL and WL and then go over to the poly and drive her back to DTD.

Mike

I have never, ever been asked for resort ID or a park ticket to use Disney transportation. While it is remotely possible that your party will be asked for ID to board the bus, I believe it to be only slightly more probable than me winning the lottery. :teeth: Do whatever works out best for your situation.

In the occassion that we do ask for Resort ID... as long as one person in the group has an ID, that's fine. If she's travelling with you, it'll be all set.

However, in your situation, I doubt they will ask for ID

I have been on Disney transportation at least a hundred times. No one has ever asked me for my resort ID.

That being said, I would think however, that if you have ID and made it clear that your mother was with you, the bus driver would not make an issue of it. If the bus is even the slightest bit crowded, I can't believe the driver would take the time to check everyones ID. Worst case scenario, you could wait for the next bus back if they questioned you. I doubt that 2 bus drivers in a row would ID riders.

I wouldn't worry. Based on my experience, I think there is VERY little chance you will be asked for resort ID

:) In all years visiting wdw, we were only asked for i.d. twice on a bus and both times were during high volume times. Once in July and once during spring break. It has never happened any other time.:smooth: Did I use the word time too many times?,oops,I did it again.:D

My parents rode with us on the busses last Feb/Mar. They were in a timeshare offsite. They would drive over to ASMo, to meet us for breakfast, and then we would be off for the day. My parents (father 70, Mother 65) thought that the Disney Transportation was the best thing!!! I overheard my Dad telling someone about it on Christmas. "Don't stay offsite, stay on and use the busses. It was great." LOL from someone I could never get to stay onsite until he rode a bus!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter