Can my family all use our MagicBand+ on my MDE account?

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
So I have a few questions. We are a family of 3 and our MagicBand+ just arrived today. In the past we have always ever just had 1 MDE account in my name and my wife and daughter just logged into my account on their phone. Can we still do it this way with the new bands or do they need to have their own MDE account?

And are you required to link the new bands to your phone with Bluetooth, or is it only required if you want to play the games around the parks?

You should still be able to do it this way for all of the MB features.

The Bluetooth pairing is for updating your MB+ settings the bounty hunters game, the fab 5 quest and the fireworks. I you don't care about those you don't need to pair it. If you do want any of those I haven't experienced trying to pair MB+s across one MDE Account and multiple phone devices so I would probably just pair them all on one if you'll be together because Disney IT sucks. But you could try it and update us.

The Bluetooth pairing is for updating your MB+ settings the bounty hunters game, the fab 5 quest and the fireworks. I you don't care about those you don't need to pair it. If you do want any of those I haven't experienced trying to pair MB+s across one MDE Account and multiple phone devices so I would probably just pair them all on one if you'll be together because Disney IT sucks. But you could try it and update us.
Would recommend and think it would be easier if my wife and daughter just created their own MDE account?

Would recommend and think it would be easier if my wife and daughter just created their own MDE account?

I'm a firm believer that anyone who can have their own MDE should have their own MDE. Speaking as someone who has 2 managed profiles of people who may never go back in my MDE...

Disney really wants people who manage plans to have their own accounts so if they are logging into your account and doing things, I'd probably just have them create their own accounts.

If you are going to have them create their own accounts I'd suggest inviting them from in your friends and family to take over the profile you've already created for them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.23.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.23.28 PM.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • SmartSelect_20220830-210703_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220830-210703_Chrome.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm a firm believer that anyone who can have their own MDE should have their own MDE. Speaking as someone who has 2 managed profiles of people who may never go back in my MDE...

Can you just remove them from your list? Are you keeping them there for managing their MBs?

Agreed if you are expecting them to possibly go back and want to use a MB that is attached to them you don't just want to remove them because you lose the MB. I removed some ones I was managing recently because I didn't think they would go back or if they did, they weren't going to use those old MBs anyway.

We received our MB+ and linked them to my MDE. DD16 then created her own MDE account so she can help me get G+, ILL and VQ while at Disney. Once she did that her MB+ does not show up in my MDE. It does show up in hers now. She controls her MB+.

Unless these new magic bands require separate accounts to make use of some new added features, I would always recommend everyone staying in the same room to be on one MDE account. Makes things WAY less complicated and you can all still view things like ADR's. Disney IT tends to be unpredictable so the less complicated your setup, the less likely you are to have issues when using it.

We have 2 Magic Band + coming (hopefully) but they are both for children so we are all staying on the same account.
The other people with us don't go very often.....maybe once every 4 years (if we invite them)

Interesting. I was trying to decide if it was worth bringing a burner phone to set up my kid's MB+ to its bluetooth on Disney wifi. What a mess.

Sounds like it doesn't matter except for whatever happens at the fireworks.

If you'll be with your kids at the fireworks you could just pair their magic bands to your phone. I think how it works for fireworks is MB+ is using the pairing/bluetooth to know you are located at the fireworks and to do the light up effects. That is just based on an assumption and the Disney marketing as needing the bluetooth for those things. I haven't tried it in actual practice yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter