Can my friend take advantage of my AP store discounts?

I459WDW

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I'll be at the parks with my non AP holder friend this week. If I remember right, I have to show my Drivers Liscense along with my pass. Can my friend then use her credit card to pay? Or does everything have to be in my name or cash? Thanks!

Hi there,

I'll be at the parks with my non AP holder friend this week. If I remember right, I have to show my Drivers Liscense along with my pass. Can my friend then use her credit card to pay? Or does everything have to be in my name or cash? Thanks!

I've heard people say you can't do this but I did it with my mom last September. She'd go to check out, I'd show my AP card (and I'm married so different last name) and she'd swipe her credit card. None of the CM's said anything about it not being allowed. It was later on this board that I read people saying it isn't allowed and CM's will refuse to do the discount.

Many cms won't allow it (and I agree).

The friend could buy a gift card to use for her purchases that you could just hand over.

Everything has to be done by the CM. They can refuse sale if they see the non AP member about to pay.

If you want to, either get the money before or after..but don't exchange the money right in front of the counter.

Same goes for dining. The AP holder with the discount needs to pay

What I have done. Is have the person hand me their credit card and then get in line with me. Then when it comes time to pay I swipe, have them input the pin (or w/e necessary). I have never had issues with that.

I personally don't do this. The fine print reads to me as they could go as far as making the AP invalid.

In recent years I feel like AP discount usage has gotten a lot stricter. It really is up to the CM whether or not they will give you the discount. Any more it seems like you have a 50/50 shot of whether or not they will allow you to use a friend or family member's discount.

I agree that you should hand your card/cash to friend and let them "pay".

Thanks - with all you've said it kind of makes sense that they would prevent it. Thanks for your help!

CM's are "required" to verify the APholder and the credit card name match. If they choose to not do this, they risk possible termination. Their choice to follow procedures or not and risk the consequences.

CM's are "required" to verify the APholder and the credit card name match. If they choose to not do this, they risk possible termination. Their choice to follow procedures or not and risk the consequences.

People can get around this by using cash or gift cards. So unless OP has to use a credit card, they can still have their friend pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter