Can Off-Site Guests Use GCH Exit?

CharleneTheDM

Mouseketeer
I've got a dumb question, please don't roll your eyes!
I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and save my poor feet some steps!

I'm not staying on site and I know that we aren't allowed to use the GCH entrance.
However, if I want to take a midday break and maybe check out White Water Snacks or Hearthstone Lounge, am I able to use the GCH exit?
Or do I have to leave from the regular exit and go through DTD?

Thanks!

I'm not staying on site and I know that we aren't allowed to use the GCH entrance.
However, if I want to take a midday break and maybe check out White Water Snacks or Hearthstone Lounge, am I able to use the GCH exit?

Thanks!
Yes you can use it in the afternoon. Typically around 11 am they start allowing non guests to use the entrance/exit.

Thanks!

I don't think you'd have trouble using the GCH exit to leave the parks midday. I've used it when not staying at GCH to go to eat there. I think they restrict it to hotel guests only at park open and possibly other busy times?

Yes, not a dumb question! The first few times when I was a guest at GCH I assumed you had to be a guest to use the exit and always held out my hotel key for the CMs to see... I quickly realized they didn't ask for them or seem to care. I think it really only applies for the entrance in the early morning hours.

We are at the park now, and using the GCH exit midday and as an entrance and exit in the evening was great when we were at California Adventure. We had a Lyft pick us up at the GCH about ten minutes after getting off grizzly river run. It was perfect.

We've done it many times over the years. Anytime from breakfast at White water Snack to cocktails at the Hearth lounge in the evening. The hotel has no problem with you enjoying establishments and spending money there.

I think it is a good question actually...
I've just always assumed it would be for GCH guests only..now I know better... thanks!

We are at the park now, and using the GCH exit midday and as an entrance and exit in the evening was great when we were at California Adventure. We had a Lyft pick us up at the GCH about ten minutes after getting off grizzly river run. It was perfect.

Where did they pick you up? Were they allowed into the Porte Cochere or did you have to wait on the sidewalk?

I know they aren't allowed past the 'guard shack' unless the passengers are registered guests/have dining reservations, but was curious about 'pick ups'.

The drop off in the morning Harbor-side is no problem, but finding your Uber/Lyft at night on Harbor is a pain. It'd be easier to be picked up at night at the Grand.

Thank you everyone for your answers! I am super stoked I can have quick access to GCH and DTD if I don't want to eat at DCA!

We've done it many times over the years. Anytime from breakfast at White water Snack to cocktails at the Hearth lounge in the evening. The hotel has no problem with you enjoying establishments and spending money there.

@Indiana Scott, What are your favorite meal items from White Water Snacks? I've looked at all the restaurants and stands in DCA and none of the breakfast or lunch items really stand out to me. Do you have any recommendations?

Where did they pick you up? Were they allowed into the Porte Cochere or did you have to wait on the sidewalk?

I know they aren't allowed past the 'guard shack' unless the passengers are registered guests/have dining reservations, but was curious about 'pick ups'.

The drop off in the morning Harbor-side is no problem, but finding your Uber/Lyft at night on Harbor is a pain. It'd be easier to be picked up at night at the Grand.

Where exactly do you set the "destination" for Uber if you want to be dropped off on Harbor?
I'm planning to Uber to the parks in the morning to make rope drop and use the hotel shuttle for midday breaks.

Pick ups are no problem if you aren't a hotel guest and LEAVING the property. I often go for quick overnight visits, but sometimes stay on Harbor. The day I leave I store my backpack in a locker while in the parks then at the end of the day I grab it and head over to GCH or the Disneyland Hotel to wait for my Uber or Lyft to the airport. Easy peasy!

Note: if it's early enough in the day, DLH has the added bonus of grabbing a Dole Whip at the Coffee House before saying goodbye to my happy place :)

Pick ups are no problem if you aren't a hotel guest and LEAVING the property. I often go for quick overnight visits, but sometimes stay on Harbor. The day I leave I store my backpack in a locker while in the parks then at the end of the day I grab it and head over to GCH or the Disneyland Hotel to wait for my Uber or Lyft to the airport. Easy peasy!

Note: if it's early enough in the day, DLH has the added bonus of grabbing a Dole Whip at the Coffee House before saying goodbye to my happy place :)

So can Uber/Lyft pick us up at GCH? Or is there a specific designated area in DTD that they're allowed to wait to pick us up?

They just picked us up by the valet/car area. We just put “Grand Californian Hotel” in the app. They dropped us off there twice in the afternoon/evening. We just ate on site once we were there.

They just picked us up by the valet/car area. We just put “Grand Californian Hotel” in the app. They dropped us off there twice in the afternoon/evening. We just ate on site once we were there.

They were allowed to drive past the guard shack with a non-guest passenger? Did you have a dining reservation? I was told they wouldn’t let an Uber/Lyft in for a drop off unless the rider had one of those two.

They were allowed to drive past the guard shack with a non-guest passenger? Did you have a dining reservation? I was told they wouldn’t let an Uber/Lyft in for a drop off unless the rider had one of those two.

We didn’t have a reservation, but did get dropped off there.

We didn’t have a reservation, but did get dropped off there.

Good to know that they'll let Uber past the guard shack without checking. Easier drop and pickup at the porte cochere vs Harbor taxi stop area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter