Can our second trip be better than our honeymoon? It would take serious pixie dust!!

SingLikeAriel

Earning My Ears
I just booked our second trip to the World!! :cool1: So freaking excited. My DH and I will be going from Sept 25th through October 2nd. I'm hoping to be able to add on free dining later. Fingers crossed!!

We went there this past september for our honeymoon and had such a great time that on the plane ride home, my DH (who hadn't even really wanted to go in the first place) told me that he wanted to go back next year. I really wanted to smack him because we'd been offered a free dining bounceback, but of course it was too late for that! :rotfl2: So we booked and now we'll hope for the best. :)

Here's the cast:
7434_154997057052_527427052_3538140_3148674_n.jpg

DH, aka Barbosa. :) He loves Disney villains and always roots for the bad guy to win. Therefore, he's generally pretty disappointed with disney movies! pirate:

n527427052_66647_2732.jpg

And this is me, SinglikeAriel. In a fun twist, last year, I got to sing WITH Ariel. It was awesome! Lover of all things Disney. I was thrilled when I was able to talk DH into going to WDW for our honeymoon. :hug:

As of right now, I do not have much planned. We're starting to narrow down the restaurants we want to go to. A lot of that depends on whether or not we can get free dining, though. If we can, we'll upgrade to DxDDP again. If not, then the regular DDP will have to do.

These are the restaurants we definitely want:
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier
CRT
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Yak & Yeti
Boma
Crystal Palace for breakfast

We're still trying to decide where else we want to eat. popcorn::

Yay! Thanks, Queen!

So I just asked DH if there are any restaurants that he DOESN'T want to go back to and he said Narcoose's, LOL.

As far as attractions go, last year we missed Soarin', Test Track and TSM. Also, Space Mountain was still closed for renovations. So we definitely want to hit up all those. I also want to go to more of the shows since we concentrated a lot more on rides than shows for our honeymoon. I would love to see Spectromagic!

Subbing. popcorn::

Great dining choices. We always try and do CP as early as possible so that we can get pictures of the park while it is basically empty. My family thinks I'm nuts booking an 8:05 adr but the photo opportunity is too good to pass up.

Happy planning. Can't wait to read more.

We always try and do CP as early as possible so that we can get pictures of the park while it is basically empty. My family thinks I'm nuts booking an 8:05 adr but the photo opportunity is too good to pass up.QUOTE]

That's what we did on our last day last time and it worked beautifully. We also did Tusker housse early for breakfast on our AK day and loved being at the parks when they're empty!

Last year, we skipped breakfast a couple times to have credits available for 2TS credit restaurants, but I think this year we'll skip lunch since so many of the breakfasts are giant, LOL. :yay:

So I woke up this morning and told my DH...WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!! :cool1: He laughed at me, lol. But he won't be laughing when he catches his first glimpse of the castle! :dance3:

When I got home last night I checked my email and saw I had a pin code from Disney!! :banana: Then I opened it...it's only good through 6/12/10. :rotfl2: Oh well...at least I know now that I'm in the mix for pins, LOL. I'm still hoping for that free dining!!!

Joining in. We'll be there a couple of weeks before you! So I'll be planning along with you! :cool1:

Made the mistake of telling my neice tonight that Uncle B and I are going to Disney in September. She was very upset that we're not taking her, poor thing. :rolleyes1

I've been obsessively checking for airfare. Unfortunately a lot of the airlines aren't selling for that time yet. I'm leaning towards JetBlue, but I want to wait and see what Southwest has, unless I can get an awesome deal.

Anybody have a recommendation for their favorite guide book? We used Birnbaum last time and it was great, but I was thinking that it would be nice to get a different perspective. :wizard:

I just ordered the 2010 Unofficial Guide and the 2010 Passporter. I loved my UG that I got for our 2008 trip. It has a lot of valuable info! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice! I'll check both of those out. I think I saw someone else talking about the Passporter a while back and she liked it.

So there are several different restaurants we want to try this time around, but we're having the hardest time cutting out restaurants we went to last time, LOL. We had such great experiences almost everywhere that we want to go back. :lmao: But at least this year DH will be helping me plan the meals. He wasn't interested last time and left all that to me. :scared1:

So how early are performances of Fantasmic announced? I'm not sure that I want to do the dinner package, but I def want to see it, so I'd like to plan a DHS day while we're there. And since we need to make our ADR's 180 days out...:confused3

I stopped on the way home and bought the 2010 Passporter! :woohoo: I'm excited to dig in and really start planning.

Is it weird that we're already trying to decide what kind of ears to get this time? I totally want pirate ears, arrrrrrrrrr. And maybe I can finish filling up the squished penny book I bought last time. I've been collecting those for years. Then I went to Disney and it was like winning the jackpot! :cheer2:

Our first day will most definitely be spent at least partly at The Magic Kingdom. Last year, we were there while Space Mountain was closed so we HAVE to ride that! :rotfl: I was thinking of heading over to DD for dinner, though. We loved Raglan Road last year. It might be a nice one for our first night, and if we're at POFQ, then it's just a short boat ride away. :cool1:

I was at my parents' house the other night and my mom pulled out pictures of our Disney trip when I was about 5 years old. :yay: She said that the best part about it was that I thought all the characters were real. :lmao: And reminiscing about how I got scared when I saw the skeletons playing checkers while in line for POTC. :rotfl2:

Haven't been around much, but the planning has started in earnest! We have to make our ADR's in about 2 weeks, so we've been narrowing down the restaurants we want. We're going with the deluxe plan again (hopefully we'll get free dining again so it's just an upgrade). That's what we did last year and we both really enjoyed taking the time out of the busy busy hot days to sit and relax. We also liked being able to go to more signature restaurants. With that in mind, here's the list of what we're hoping to book (in no particular order).

For breakfasts:
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Whispering Canyon Cafe

For lunch:
2 counter service
Yak and Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci-Fi Dine In
Coral Reef
Chefs de France
San Angel Inn

For dinner:
Boma
CRT
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Le Cellier
Cape May Cafe
Mama Melrose

So keep your fingers crossed...it's gonna be an early morning! :rotfl:

Haven't been around much, but the planning has started in earnest! We have to make our ADR's in about 2 weeks, so we've been narrowing down the restaurants we want. We're going with the deluxe plan again (hopefully we'll get free dining again so it's just an upgrade). That's what we did last year and we both really enjoyed taking the time out of the busy busy hot days to sit and relax. We also liked being able to go to more signature restaurants. With that in mind, here's the list of what we're hoping to book (in no particular order).

For breakfasts:
Tusker House We love this breakfast!
Crystal PalaceI like to get an early ADR here so that we can take pictures with as few people in the park as possible
Whispering Canyon CafeNever tried it for breakfast but would love to

For lunch:
2 counter service
Yak and YetiHave not tried this one either
Liberty Tree TavernWe love LTT!
Sci-Fi Dine InFun atmosphere here. The last time we went the food wasn't great but it's just so much fun!
Coral Reef
Chefs de FranceOne of our favorites! I wonder if Remy is still there?
San Angel Inn

For dinner:
BomaYUM! I want zebra domes NOW!!!!!!!
CRT
Yachtsman SteakhouseWe are going here in September
California Grill
Le Cellier
Cape May Cafe
Mama MelroseWe got a Fantasmic package here. THe last time I was here was during the backstage magic tour. I hope it is as good as I remember

So keep your fingers crossed...it's gonna be an early morning! :rotfl:

I really like your dining choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter