Can people really use 4 adult TS when there card says 2 adult and 2 kids?

LarryKeith

Are we there yet!!
i just read a post that people have used there MYW dining to pay for 4 adultsTS when there Card says 2 adult and 2 kids. Is this true ? Or that they have taken guests with them and then paid OOP for kids and used MYW to pay for adults guests meals. I find it hard to beleive this is possible. I have also read where someone used TS credits to pay for a meals for more than the number of people even listed on there key to the world. Is it that disney wants you to burn credits knowing you will have to pay cash when there drained or is all this just a bunch of he said she said i heard kind of gossip? :confused3

As of lst fall we did do all three of those things in one meal. We ate at Artist point, bought a child meal OOP for the toddler and used a card with 2A/2C to pay for the meal for 4 adults. The other 2 adults were in the connecting room and we just rotated which room paid for the meals instead of trying to split them. My parents who had 2A/0C on their cards paid for meals for all 6 of us, with no problems. Things may have chaned since then.

And enforcement may actually vary from server-to-server.

We are 2 A and plan to use our credits to purchase a meal for a friend one night. I was told this is okay to do.

It is. Where it gets dodgy is when your Dining Plan was purchased for 2A2C and you're seeking to use it to get 4A meals. Again, enforcement is spotty... sometimes you'll be allowed, sometimes you'll have to pay OOP for the extra two.

I don't think I'd risk trying to pay for 4 adults with a card that says 2A2C. You may get a hard time.

NMW said:
I don't think I'd risk trying to pay for 4 adults with a card that says 2A2C. You may get a hard time.
I usually don't get involved in these discussions, but here goes...
You are purchasing a dining plan and there is no difference between adult and child credits...
Right now Disney doesn't track the plan in that detail. You might have had all CS meals the day before leaving extra credits for your TS meals that day.

The plan is always subject to change, but right now you can use your credits any way you want.

here's my personal experience...

our family 3A/1C (dd is 11, but an Adult in wdw) and our ressie was split and had dh/ds in one room on one card (1A/1C) and dd/me on another (2A)...

at one TS the server said "oh, it doesn't matter" and took my card and deducted 4 TS meals... at the next meal when we tried to use dh's card for the four of us (it read 1A/1C) we were told OH NO, you cannot get 3A/1C on a 1A/1C card... we explained that a previous server told us to do it this way, showed my card that indicated we had paid for 2 more adults, etc and she begrudgingly took 3A/1C off of dh's card... but not w/out some embarrassing discussion (we were dining w/friends as well, so it was uncomfortable as though we were scheming) :blush:

another day dd and i wanted to get 3 adult CS meals to split (we were both ordering meals plus an order of nachos at the CS in mexico) and even though my card said 2A, the server would not give me 3 meals... she put up a huge battle... i explained that the 20 adult credits were mine to use any way any time i pleased and if i wanted to be a big fat glutton and eat three meals it was within my right... if i wanted to order all 20 meals and feed them to the birds (as if!), again, i was within my right... she REFUSED! i insisted on seeing a manager, who totally permitted me to order three meals on a 2A card... but again, it was very uncomfortable, not to mention time consuming (i was nearly 30 mins at the CS window) and frustrating :furious:

all that to say, that it's been my experience that they are cracking down on the cards being used as they are written... which is fine by me as i was not attempting to do anything outside the rules... nor will it keep me from using the dining plan again, especially when it's FREE! LOL! :woohoo:

bicker said:
It is. Where it gets dodgy is when your Dining Plan was purchased for 2A2C and you're seeking to use it to get 4A meals. Again, enforcement is spotty... sometimes you'll be allowed, sometimes you'll have to pay OOP for the extra two.

I haven't heard anyone having to pay OOP for guests eating with them. We sometimes had friends eat with us last year and never had any problems. Were planning on doing this a couple of times this trip as well. We had children with us then and will have children with us this trip as well. Can anyone who has had to pay OOP confirm this post?

I just like to hear personal experiences. This " I heard or she said stuff " just confuses the issue and wastes time.Great responses. So I thank You All. :thumbsup2

People who don't want to follow the rules just have one adult order 2 adult meals from one CM and have the other adult order 2 adult meals from a different CM at the same CS restaurant.

The plan is a good deal, and Disney has bent over backward to give guests the better end of this deal. It's a shame that's not enough for some greedy guests.

Lewisc said:
The plan is a good deal, and Disney has bent over backward to give guests the better end of this deal. It's a shame that's not enough for some greedy guests.

Does this comment somehow relate to the post? This is what turns people off to some posts, ultimately ruining the information that could be gained for the benefit of those with legitimate questions on how the plan works.

pplasky said:
Does this comment somehow relate to the post? This is what turns people off to some posts, ultimately ruining the information that could be gained for the benefit of those with legitimate questions on how the plan works.

The part of my post which you didn't bother quoting directly addresses the question.

The poster already knows children are required to order kids CS meals.
Is asking how people are able to get away with breaking the rules a legitimate question? I gave the direct answer on how it's being done but I don't agree with characterizing this a a legitimate question on how the plan works but rather a question on how people are able to cheat.

gigi1313 said:

our family 3A/1C (dd is 11, but an Adult in wdw) and our ressie was split and had dh/ds in one room on one card (1A/1C) and dd/me on another (2A)...

... and even though my card said 2A, the server would not give me 3 meals... she put up a huge battle...

Same thing happened to us at Flame Tree. DD was mistakenly put on my parent's room ressie, so we had 2A2C and my folks had 2A1C cards. I tried to buy 2A3C on my card at Flame Tree and heck rained down. We got it straight eventually (long talks, with people in line behind us moaning) by having one of the meals taken off my bill and added to my dad's. (Thing is, by this time (literally 7-8 minutes of confusion/discussion) the original order was ready and waiting and my wife and kids and mom took the food to go eat (they were STARVING) while we finished paying. By having my dad get the child's order on his tab, the cooks made another meal. We took it to the tables (long walk to the nice lake view), realized the extra food, went back to tell the cashier who'd fought us tooth-and-nail about 'over buying', and she said don't worry about it. :lmao: )

But, I do see a lot of people post about paying for friends at TS meals, so maybe there's a big difference in how TS and CS staff understands these cards/meals. ???

Just for clarification- My husband and I hired a babysitter for our 2 children and plan to eat at Yachtsman with the dining plan..... I do not care if they split credits and deduct 4 adults, but if they do not split the credits and it appears that I am using the kids credits, which I will not, I am actually going to pay oop for him and I at one of the character breakfasts, will I have a problem? Will they allow me to use the 4 credits, if the credits are not split?

tfiga said:
Just for clarification- My husband and I hired a babysitter for our 2 children and plan to eat at Yachtsman with the dining plan..... I do not care if they split credits and deduct 4 adults, but if they do not split the credits and it appears that I am using the kids credits, which I will not, I am actually going to pay oop for him and I at one of the character breakfasts, will I have a problem? Will they allow me to use the 4 credits, if the credits are not split?

They will let you eat and deduct the credits from your total allotment. You do not have to pay OOP at a character meal to make up for it. They will again deduct the amount of credits at the character meal for the amount of people in your party.

gigi1313 said:

all that to say, that it's been my experience that they are cracking down on the cards being used as they are written... which is fine by me as i was not attempting to do anything outside the rules... nor will it keep me from using the dining plan again, especially when it's FREE! LOL! :woohoo:

See - it's stories like this that make me not so excited to go back and do the dining plan again. It was nice, it was convenient - but if it's going to be that much hassle (we'll be on the same kind of split reservation with 4A, 2C) then I don't know that I *really* want to do it. Especially since we don't all tend to order food at all meals. At some point we're only going to have credits left on one room, and I don't want to have to fight to use the credits that I paid for in accordance with Disney's rules.

Maybe I'll email Guest Relations and see if I can get some kind of ruling on the issue, print it out and carry it with me.

HI! I just wanted to give you my personal experience (those are truly the only ones you should take into consideration and do it with a grain of salt ;) )
Some people feel they have been chosen by the Disney God's to come here and, let's say, make up stories to scare people off from what they don't think is fair. You will notice I'm sure there have already been some let's say, less than sweet comments going on. I truly don't understand people like this, but who the heck am I to say.

Well to your original question:

We were there in December and not only did we NEVER EVER have a problem with the A/C credits (OH BTW, there is no such thing as Adult and Child credits, they are just dining credits, well they were back in December, that may have changed you can call Disney), they servers were happy to let us pay for the kids meals separately when we felt like it. I didn't know if this was okay or not, so I asked and was told by EVERY single CM/Server that it was no problem, sure. This way we could use the extras for our signature dining experiences (which we never went to) We also split our meals sometimes because they were huge (can't do this at buffets) and were never given a hard time. Before I left for our trip I called because I knew NOTHING about the DDP and was told you have 35 of TS, CS and Snack credits, use them at will. We didn't even use all our TS & CS meals because we ended up changing dining plans etc (you know how that goes when you get there, lol). The ONE and only thing they told us is that the children had to dine off the child's menu (that's why we split a lot too because I couldn't live with myself for feeding my children Mickey Nuggets all week). I also purchased child meals for myself using DDP credits, because frankly it's just WAY TOO much food. We swapped them for breakfasts instead of lunches and had CS for dinner and TS for lunches, it was really a GREAT deal!

If Disney has changed their system and you now have only so many Adult and so many children credits then you may not be able to do anything about, so please give DD a call.

Oh and have fun when you go, we are going again in August (ugh the heat) but it will just be me and dd who is 13 and as much as she would like to think it, she is clearly not an adult, but I will be paying adult prices for her :lmao:

If Disney has changed their system...
...or if they change it before your trip begins (because this aspect of it is not part of what they promise -- they can change it at any time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter