Can people really use 4 adult TS when there card says 2 adult and 2 kids?

As far as I can remember the only time we had trouble using the card as we saw fit was at DTD at Wolfgang pucks cafe. They were rude in general (could only get pizza even though it was more expensive than what we wanted) and we didn't want pizza.

No one batted an eye when we asked to pay OOP for the kids.

I asked at some places if my then 9 yr old had to order off the kids menu and was told that he could order off the adult menu in some cases. (When this happened my two kids split an adult meal.)

We bought 3A CS meals off a card that said 2A 2C without anyone batting an eye. What if you just want a big lunch ..??? For example if you got a sandwich and some soup - that is 2A CS meals. Who is to say I don't want to eat that much and grab a bottle of water and a 2 cookies for later?

It never hurts to ask. Period. Until they stop pooling the credits it really does not matter. We could barely keep track of how many TS / CS/ SNK credits we had ... no way we could keep track of Adult vs. Child and etc. Not everyone ate at every meal. One day I had a tummy ache and just ate soup ... another day my DS was not hungry and ate a little off our plates.

WDW may very well re-do the system at some point to make it keep track of A vs C credits and if they do that is fine and I will not complain. Right now, they don't ...

Case in point - I had 2 TS credits left the last day of our trip. They were probably C credits. When we got our bill I gave the CM our card and told her we only had 2 credits left. She did not ask "Child credits or Adult credits?" she just took the card and deducted the 2 ADULT meals.

This is because they are pooled. Period. I honestly think the CM's that don't let you "pool" them are very much like the ethics police on here ... they are taking matters into thier own hands as far as what they think is right or how it should be.

I am tired of people like LewisC calling people greedy or not following the rules. That is simply a false statement.

I cannot use my DS ticket as it is in the computer as a CHILD ticket. WDW did not seperate A vs C credits and I truly believe they did it on purpose. Meals cost pennies for them and if someone uses a C credit to get an A meal then pays OOP for a child meal ... then has credits to use again at another meal then pays AGAIN OOP for a child meal....Disney is making out like a bandit.

Not to say they won't change it just as they have free valet parking and other perks.

But for now - it IS within the rules to use your credits as you see fit.

WDWO

We just booked a MYW package with DDP for myself, DH, DS17 and DS6. I thought we'd all get separate cards, but reading this, it sounds like everything is one one card. What's the reality? I'm sure DS17 will be off eating on his own at some point, or maybe with me, while DH and DS6 are somewhere else. So how are the cards divvied up??

for both of our trips on the dining plan, each card was encoded w/the same dining information... so if dd used her card for a snack, one less snack would show on my card next time i used it :)

MinnieM3 said:
We just booked a MYW package with DDP for myself, DH, DS17 and DS6. I thought we'd all get separate cards, but reading this, it sounds like everything is one one card. What's the reality? I'm sure DS17 will be off eating on his own at some point, or maybe with me, while DH and DS6 are somewhere else. So how are the cards divvied up??

As long as DH17 has charging priveleges, then it won't matter. The credits are not put on one particular card, they can be used by anyone who has authorization to charge to your room, so make sure he has that and he'll be all set. In other words, all the room charging cards have the credits on them, computers are marvelous things! lol :banana:

I know it sounds complicated, but I promise you it's not. Every receipt you get will give you a tally of what is left and the CM's are VERY helpful when it comes to what you can order and what you can't. I am telling you, the amount of food you get, you just can't finish, plain and simple. That is why so many people have left over credits and I started to skip the dessert at lunch and split at dinner, we were wasting food and I HATE to waste food (I wear a band of white on my wrist for the starving).

Hope this helps!

Please note. You are not all that likely to run into a CM that stops you if you go over the # of adults in the room on one order.

I am tired of people like LewisC calling people greedy or not following the rules. That is simply a false statement

Nowhere has he made false statements.
Lewis' info was spot on. As to his opinons on the avarice of the individuals inovled, well that's his opinion. But his info was spot on.

People who don't want to follow the rules just have one adult order 2 adult meals from one CM and have the other adult order 2 adult meals from a different CM at the same CS restaurant.

This is spot on. If you'd like to feed someone outside the room or feed the kids adult meals and you wish to avoid the unlikely scenario where a counter CM spots the # of adult meals purchased is over what it says on the card, then you'd better split the ordering.

This is because they are pooled. Period. I honestly think the CM's that don't let you "pool" them are very much like the ethics police on here ... they are taking matters into thier own hands as far as what they think is right or how it should be.

As stated above it has nothing to do with Pooling. Ordering a number of adult meals at one time over the number of adults in the room as listed on the card is a red flag that a child is being fed an adult meal or someone outside the room is being fed. That is what Lewis was talking about. Lewis has been explaining the credits were pooled before doing so was cool. So don't presume to lecture him on that subject.

children are required to order kids CS meals.
Lewis is spot on again.

But for now - it IS within the rules to use your credits as you see fit.
You may use the credits on meals for whomever is in the room as you see fit. If you use them all on the adults that is fine. If you use them on a child that is fine too. But if you use them on a child, you are not allowed under the rules to order him an adult meal.

It never hurts to ask. Period.
Agreed. CM's are instructed to make accomodations. And it never hurts to ask that if the place doesn't have anything a kid can eat if they'll make an exception and let them order off the adults menu. But don't confuse accomodation with the rules. It's against the rules and they're well within their rights to say no.

Originally Posted by MinnieM3

Everyone gets a card with at minimum, their park tickets on it. The Meal credits are in the computer. They are not put on the cards. Each active card can charge any number of meals. You can chose whether the kids cards can charge meals or not.

We used it in this manner at the suggestion of the server! They asked who they wanted us to use the credits on. We paid OOP for the kids and used 4 credits for the adults.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Please note. You are not all that likely to run into a CM that stops you if you go over the # of adults in the room on one order.

Nowhere has he made false statements.
Lewis' info was spot on. As to his opinons on the avarice of the individuals inovled, well that's his opinion. But his info was spot on.

This is spot on. If you'd like to feed someone outside the room or feed the kids adult meals and you wish to avoid the unlikely scenario where a counter CM spots the # of adult meals purchased is over what it says on the card, then you'd better split the ordering.

As stated above it has nothing to do with Pooling. Ordering a number of adult meals at one time over the number of adults in the room as listed on the card is a red flag that a child is being fed an adult meal or someone outside the room is being fed. That is what Lewis was talking about. Lewis has been explaining the credits were pooled before doing so was cool. So don't presume to lecture him on that subject.

Lewis is spot on again.

You may use the credits on meals for whomever is in the room as you see fit. If you use them all on the adults that is fine. If you use them on a child that is fine too. But if you use them on a child, you are not allowed under the rules to order him an adult meal.

Agreed. CM's are instructed to make accomodations. And it never hurts to ask that if the place doesn't have anything a kid can eat if they'll make an exception and let them order off the adults menu. But don't confuse accomodation with the rules. It's against the rules and they're well within their rights to say no.

I was simply stating that calling people GREEDY because they use credits in a way the system ALLOWS them to is not called for nor is it true. The word "greedy" was not called for.

And I certainly didn't "lecture" anyone at all. I was responding to the OP with my experiences on the DDP as the OP requested.

I took offense to the word "greedy" and I was not the only one who took offense to the post if you read back. It DID seem like a DIG. I looked at the posters name twice because I did think LewisC was an advocate for using your credits as you wish. Maybe he converted? Did the ethics police brainwash him? Or was he in disguise this whole time? LOL

Let's say you had 4 CS credits left on your last day on a card that said 2A. You should be able to get 4CS ... maybe one to eat then and one to take on the road. That is AGAINST the rules? Could they deny me my 4 CS???? :confused3

Honestly - I don't have time to police other people's lives on here as some do. However, it's fun to come on here every one in a while and let off some steam. I truly loathe people who think they are above others and call names so that is a good place to start.

Be cool. :smooth:

WDWO

Lewis wasn't talking about paying OOP for kids meals and using credits for the adults in the party. Lewis was talking about people breaking the rules by using the dining plan for people not on the dining plan. The former is allowed under the rules, the latter technically isn't, although it seems to be not enforced.

And that, at least, is changing, as there was a report earlier this week that all members of the party had to present themselves in person at the front desk in order to get the dining plan validated for that many guests.

Lewis was talking about people breaking the rules by using the dining plan for people not on the dining plan. The former is allowed under the rules, the latter technically isn't, although it seems to be not enforced

While I don't believe feeding adults that are not on the plan meals in place of children that are on the plan (just my opinion), I would appreciate some advice on my situation.

My DH and I wanted to use 1 of our credits for a friend who will be at WDW for a day visiting us. We planned to share a meal later in the week, and so we will have an extra credit. Is this allowed? If we were paying for the DP, I wouldn't have any question in my mind if it was right (because we paid for that credit), but since the DP is free, I'm not so sure.

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone express a concern about using a TS credit, paid for at the adult rate, for a TS meal for a guest. I believe that it is explicitly permitted.

LoriZH said:
As long as DH17 has charging priveleges, then it won't matter. The credits are not put on one particular card, they can be used by anyone who has authorization to charge to your room, so make sure he has that and he'll be all set. In other words, all the room charging cards have the credits on them, computers are marvelous things! lol :banana:

Hope this helps!

just a clarification... dining plan and charging privileges are TWO DIFFERENT ANIMALS!! one has NOTHING to do w/the other... neither of my children have charging privvies on their keys to the world, ever, but BOTH were able to "pay for dinner" on their cards (and got quite the thrill out of doing so! LOL!) more than once (along w/get their own water bottle etc)

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone express a concern about using a TS credit, paid for at the adult rate, for a TS meal for a guest. I believe that it is explicitly permitted

That's what I thought too, but it sounds like people are being told they can only get as many meals as the number of people on their cards. Maybe I'm reading their posts wrong. Oh well, if they don't let me do it for some reason, I will pay for my cheese soup OOP and snack around the world after dinner - I would really rather do that anyways!

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Everyone gets a card with at minimum, their park tickets on it. The Meal credits are in the computer. They are not put on the cards. Each active card can charge any number of meals. You can chose whether the kids cards can charge meals or not.
We usually don't let DS17 have charging priveledges. Sounds like he'll have to have them to use his card?

gigi1313 said:
just a clarification... dining plan and charging privileges are TWO DIFFERENT ANIMALS!! one has NOTHING to do w/the other... neither of my children have charging privvies on their keys to the world, ever, but BOTH were able to "pay for dinner" on their cards (and got quite the thrill out of doing so! LOL!) more than once (along w/get their own water bottle etc)

Oh, this is much better to hear! Thank you!

So is this correct? Each card has the TOTAL number of all pooled credits on it?

MinnieM3 said:
Oh, this is much better to hear! Thank you!

So is this correct? Each card has the TOTAL number of all pooled credits on it?

yes, that is correct :)

just be careful that ds doesn't eat all your meals at one time :lmao:

You can also choose not to have the dining credits placed on a child's card (or on a teen's card.) It is your choice.

All credits can be on all cards. All credits can be on Mom's card only. All credits can be on Mom's card and Dad's card only. What you cannot do is to put only teen's dining credits on teen's card. The card either had the meal credits on it or it doesn't. If it has the credits, it has all the credits available to that reservation. Each card either has charging or not--this decision is not connected to whether or not it has DDP. Each card has park admission on it if applicable (DVC members who did not purchase park admission for this stay do not have it on their KTTW, but can have DDP on the KTTW)

So...at check in, you tell CM whether to put dining credits and/or charging on teen's card. 2 separate decisions.

Our experience last week with a 2 A 1C card at counter service places:

Flame Tree - was told no problem getting 3 adult meals if we wanted them, although we didn't.

Columbia Harbour House - I was by myself and was not allowed to order 3 adult meals because our card said 2A1C. The kids meals there are either mac n cheese or "chilled chicken" (cold cubes of chicken and cheddar cheese like salad toppings without the salad) and DS really wanted fish. I thought they had a fish kids meal, and mentioned my disappointment that they didn't, but no go. I didn't want to argue, and we were all hungry with growing lines behind me, so I got the kids meal and ate it, while DS ate the fish/chicken adult meal.

Roaring forks, wilderness lodge, while we did get what was on our card, we went back about 5 minutes later and got another adult meal when the kids decided to eat more than normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter