Can remain in wheelchair at..?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
There were two rides at WDW that were listed in "May remain in wheelchair or ECV" that I was surprised at. I've never seen anyone remaining in their wheelchair, and never been given the option at either the Animation Experience at Conservation Station in AK, or at Journey into Imagination at Epcot. Can someone confirm for me that they've either seen someone participating in either one while in a wheelchair or ECV, or maybe done so themselves? As my medical condition deteriorates, this becomes increasingly attractive, soon to be necessary, to me. Thanks.

There were two rides at WDW that were listed in "May remain in wheelchair or ECV" that I was surprised at. I've never seen anyone remaining in their wheelchair, and never been given the option at either the Animation Experience at Conservation Station in AK, or at Journey into Imagination at Epcot. Can someone confirm for me that they've either seen someone participating in either one while in a wheelchair or ECV, or maybe done so themselves? As my medical condition deteriorates, this becomes increasingly attractive, soon to be necessary, to me. Thanks.
I think you might have to ask. Like only hope said there are ride vehicles that can accommodate chairs and scooters. (Ie Small World at DL as well idk about WDW)

With the conservation station I actually told them I needed my scooter with me. And I was sent to a spot to back into.

They only have so many spots and vehicles that you can do this on these rides though. So just keep in mind you might be waiting a bit

All shows have wheelchair spots. This is a quick list of rides with wheelchair accessible vehicles. My daughter has ridden in all of them. As long as the wheelchair is not oversized, it should fit. Some special needs strollers may sit too low to use the wheelchair vehicle. Standard ride attraction wheelchair size = 30 inches wide by 48 inches long.

MAgic Kingdom:

- Walt Disney World Railroad

- Magic Carpets of Aladdin

- Jungle Cruise

- Liberty Square Riverboat

- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

- it’s a Small World

- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

EPCOT:

- Living With the Land

- Journey into Imagination with Figment

- The Seas with Nemo and Friends

- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros (Mexico ride)

- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (requires tie down)

Hollywood Studio:

- Toy Story Mania (requires tie down)

Animal Kingdom:

- Kilimanjaro Safari (requires tie down)

- train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch

- Triceratops Spin (dinosaur themed similar to Dumbo)

Yep - can confirm from personal experience that as @SueM in MN said, Figment has a special car - your device must be able to fit. You may have to wait for it to come back around.

Animation Experience should be able to accommodate your device as well. Just let them know you need to stay seated on your device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter