Can see transfer points in DVC website?

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
I was told SEVERAL times by Member services (last week and again confirmed earlier today) that transferred points would NOT be visible in the DVC member app... but after just completing a transfer today - lo and behold there they are?
I haven't tried to book anything with them - but I can see a contract #, use year, the total points count, everything! Is that normal? Did they just upgrade their app? And I'm not so sure (if I were the points transfer member) I'd want someone else to have my contract #... not sure what they would be able to do with it, but still, just saying!

My understanding (per Member Services LAST week) was that points CANNOT be transferred if banked / borrowed, NOR can you borrow a point that has been transferred TO you - but you CAN however BANK a transferred point. It maintains the original resort / use year and all restrictions that come with that - but it CAN be banked.

On a call today with MServices however - the Cast Member was adamant - NO BANKING of a transferred point. It MUST be used in its current year ONLY.

I looked on the members site - but oddly - when you click on the link for more details about "Transfer Points" in their FAQ section - it just took me to a blank page!

I'll be calling Member Services later today anyway... but has anyone else been told differently? Trying to discern which cast member was correct!

Since the DVC Rent/Transfer board is not a discussion forum, we'll move this over to DVC Member Services.

Unless there has been some recent change in policy, transferred points may be banked into the following Use Year.

2021 points can ONLY be transferred into another 2021 Use Year and then banked by the receiving member.

Points may be transferred from the current Use Year and next Use Year into the same Use Year where they will retain their original Use Year and Home Resort status.

Transferred points may NOT be borrowed once transferred but may be banked. Points previously banked or borrowed may NOT be transferred.

The website was recently updated so that transferred points may be viewed online and used to make reservations without the need to call MS on the phone.

Apologies on the misdirected post. Mea culpa.
Interesting about the update to website; that makes me happy, but was definitely not known by 3 different cast members, and at least one had differing views on transfer point bankability. I suspect, like most of the country, Disney is perhaps struggling with keeping a wholly and consistently educated team.

Apologies on the misdirected post. Mea culpa.
Interesting about the update to website; that makes me happy, but was definitely not known by 3 different cast members, and at least one had differing views on transfer point bankability. I suspect, like most of the country, Disney is perhaps struggling with keeping a wholly and consistently educated team.

Lots of new CMs too

When the owners transfer the points, a new virtual contact number gets created, so I am pretty sure the buyer is only seeing the new virtual contract info, and not the owner's real contract info.

Yes, as others already said, you can bank transferred points, and it's viewable online now.

Great3

When the owners transfer the points, a new virtual contact number gets created, so I am pretty sure the buyer is only seeing the new virtual contract info, and not the owner's real contract info.

Yes, as others already said, you can bank transferred points, and it's viewable online now.

Great3
I'm a resale owner. I originally could see transferred in points, but now I can't see them anymore (unless I go to book, then they come up as an option).

I'm a resale owner. I originally could see transferred in points, but now I can't see them anymore (unless I go to book, then they come up as an option).

Yep, same here.

So here's the deal (at least for me, and as confirmed by one Cast member). When you have transferred points - you can't see them in your contract list - you CAN see them in the booking window. You CANNOT, however, use them to book anything. You will get an error message that says "Resort is Not Available At this TIme." This is NOT the same message you get when you are trying to book a resort outside your home resort window - so it DOES seem to know I have points that would be applicable! (Example: I have BWV contracts; I have transferred BCV points. If I try to book BWV resort at 8 mos and days aren't available - it offers to Waitlist me. If I try to book AKL at 8 mos, it tells me I'm outside my priority window and to wait until X date. But if I try to book at BCV - I get a message saying "Resort is not available at this time.")

So... I called MS, and they easily made my reservations at BCV (which were, in fact, available as originally shown in the booking app.) I used all but 15 points of my BCV points for the transaction. I then went back into the booking app, just to see if it updated - yep, shows BWV and BCV as home resorts, with 15 pts left in BCV. So the app shows them... updates them... you just can't use them to actually book anything. Still gotta make the call for that. I'll be curious to see if it lets me update the reservation with more days once my BWV points are able / inside their 7 mos window. Hoping it will let me do that (since I'm using my points from my own contract) but who knows. If not - I'll have to make the call to MS anyway, to put my remaining 15 pts to use.

FYI - this Cast Member did confirm that you CAN bank transferred points ::yes:: ... but I'm not taking any chances, lol. I'm grateful for the points infusion, but it's a hassle using these "phantom" contracts, so I'll use up all these transferred points and then bank whatever of my own unused BWV points are left over into the next year.

Try using the chat feature. Copy and paste your membership number ahead so you are ready to add it to your inquiry to book a reservation. Any modifications seem to require having a CM make the change - again, try chat. Current points are able to be banked, but beware if the UY is different from yours and keep a note so you don't miss the deadline! Happy travels!

Transferred in points to my Membership #1 - BWV (I own Poly), Different UY than mine. No problems whatsoever seeing, using, modifying.

6 months later, transferred in points to my Membership #2 - BWV (I own BCV), SAME UY. Problems, problems problems. Couldn't see or book a thing. Had to constantly call MS. Of course by the time I called, desired rooms were gone.

MS knew nothing. Supervisor knew nothing.

Crazy. I will ALWAYS transfer in DIFFERENT UY points from now on.

Wow, thanks for sharing your updated experiences. Seems like DVC reverted the improvements they made a while back, what a pain to deal with, with having to call Member Services for any transactions related to transfer points.

With the crazy hold times, you would think DVC would try to allow as many transactions to be done online thru self-service as possible. Sorry to hear about these changes.

Great3

Transferred in points with a different use year a few months back. No problem seeing them - even showed them with the different use year in My Dashboard online. Went to do another booking today, and *poof* - now they don't show at all. Missed out on two rooms I needed today because the booking online never worked this morning.

Transferred in points to my Membership #1 - BWV (I own Poly), Different UY than mine. No problems whatsoever seeing, using, modifying.

6 months later, transferred in points to my Membership #2 - BWV (I own BCV), SAME UY. Problems, problems problems. Couldn't see or book a thing. Had to constantly call MS. Of course by the time I called, desired rooms were gone.

MS knew nothing. Supervisor knew nothing.

Crazy. I will ALWAYS transfer in DIFFERENT UY points from now on.

Don't make the assumption it had to do with being the same UY. The website works well sometimes, and not for others. Just like the borrowing issue. Some can't, some have been able to do it once, and never again.

I have done it 3 times off the same contract, 2 times off another, some direct, some resale, and two different UYs. It sounds like the change to use and see transferred points online last year is no longer working consistently within the 7 month window like it had been.

Is it just another glitch that broke something that worked? Or, did they try to fix something else and it caused a new glitch? I have learned in terms of the website that nothing can be expected to work the same way all the time, which is extremely unfortunate we can't have something that can be relied on regularly.

Don't make the assumption it had to do with being the same UY. The website works well sometimes, and not for others. Just like the borrowing issue. Some can't, some have been able to do it once, and never again.

I have done it 3 times off the same contract, 2 times off another, some direct, some resale, and two different UYs. It sounds like the change to use and see transferred points online last year is no longer working consistently within the 7 month window like it had been.

Is it just another glitch that broke something that worked? Or, did they try to fix something else and it caused a new glitch? I have learned in terms of the website that nothing can be expected to work the same way all the time, which is extremely unfortunate we can't have something that can be relied on regularly.
OK, thanks for reminding me that it could just be a weird glitch. MS kept claiming it NEVER worked and I know for a fact it did so I gave up asking to talk to yet more people. I found it so darn frustrating because it worked so well on the other transfer literally months before. I loved having the transfer in my normal UY but so much aggravation so I blamed the UY. Thanks for bringing me down to earth. 8-)

Thanks, all, for your input. Here's more data, from my experience...

Tues: Used my BCV transferred points to at least hold 2 studios and one 2BR at BCV (3 rooms total) over what I figured would be a popular wkend (July 9-10) until my BWV points reached their 7 mos window and could be used to add extra nights to make each room a 6-nt stay. I could SEE the BCV points in the booking tool - but could not use them to complete transaction (per my memo above) so I called MS to complete it.

Wed: Called MS to fix a grossly misspelled name on a ressie (app would not let me modify any names; produced ERROR page).my Asked if having those BCV points on ressies would make EVERYTHING about those ressies more difficult (because if so - then future state, I may wanna put all 150 pts on the 2BR so that only 1 ressie is affected!) Naturally she said no it shouldn't... to which I said well in theory - the calculator on your booking tool also shouldn't have told me that I can book July 9th vacation on Dec 8th... but it does! (MS did not believe me... had to prove it on phone with a couple different dates.) Just as a lark I then tried to add a night to a BCV ressie using BWV points that were still one day too green - and I did NOT get the usual "you are outside your booking window, try again later" prompt, but instead got the weird "This Resort is No Longer Available" message that popped up with all the other transactions I attempted to do with the transferred points or their ressies. I said please put in a notice that website booking calc is not right, and I'll give your app a try on these modifications at 7am CT but if it fails... expect a call at 8am CT sharp!

Thurs: Got online 7am and whaddya know- THE APP ACTUALLY WORKED! Was able to add necessary nights to all 3 ressies. The name modification window was also magically released - however - it kept freezing on me, so that's likely a web thing, not a transferred pts thing. But modifications were not without oddity. When I added days on first reservation, it showed the BCV transferred pt contract first, with the BCV transferred points already assigned to that ressie (35) plus the additional 15 still not yet used in that contract's "inventory". It AUTOMATICALLY made me use those first (put a "lock" on that contract at top of contract list and literally says "these MUST be used first"). Then it listed my 2 BWV contracts for additional points to use under that, which I could prioritize per usual. Fortunately, I WANTED to use up all those transferred pts first, but if I hadn't there would have been no recourse except to call MS. The other 2 ressies also showed the BCV contract first, locked in place with whatever BCV points were already allocated to that ressie. After I secured all ressies - my BWV point balance appears correct all in 2022 UY. Howevr - if I go to booking page, it shows both BCV and BWV as my available "home resorts" and then says I have 0 points (which is true for BCV... but should show plenty still for BWV!) The BCV point transactions do not show up in the points transaction app page which makes the changes involving the BWV points VERY confusing as numbers do NOT add up - you would have to know there were other "mystical" transferred points involved to make sense of any of it.

Bottom line... I got my points, and a bit of a headache using them - but I got our ressies! I am VERY glad I did the transfer, especially as it enabled us to at least secure the busiest days before everyone's 7mos window opened on them. Turns out the nights we needed for a 2BR and 2 studios are already gone/booked up for the first night or two of our stay! And with the borrowing restriction still in place, a quick infusion of points (with no dues attached!) was a huge plus. So I'd do it again... but hopefully no time soon! :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter