Can/Should I change - Pop Warner Week?

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
We are booked at AS Music from December 6 - 11th - which turned out to be Pop Warner Week. We couldn't change our dates (our twin daughters' birthday is December 8th) - and when I realized it was Pop Warner and that ASMusic was one of the hotels, I couldn't change resorts due to no availability.

Well on a lark I check today and Pop Century is showing availability as is Caribbean Beach. We booked under the free dining promotion. Final payment has been made and we are leaving in less than 3 weeks.

At this point, can I even change? Is there penalties? And if you were me, wwyd?

I liked that AS Music had the movies by the pool at night - and I like the Broadway section. But I need this trip to be a good one - DH has been out of work almost a year so we are in desperate need of a vacation.

I am waiting to hear back from my TA - but I would love your opinions as to if I should just leave it alone or if I should try and switch now.

Thanks so much.

At this point there may not be anything to move to..Lots is booked up for that time frame

Thanks for your reply. Before final payment, absolutely nothing was available to move to. Today I checked Disney's site and both Pop and CB came up as being available. So my question is - if there was an available alternative and I could do it - would you move? Most likely from AS Music to POP.

Thanks for your opinions.

Thanks for your reply. Before final payment, absolutely nothing was available to move to. Today I checked Disney's site and both Pop and CB came up as being available. So my question is - if there was an available alternative and I could do it - would you move? Most likely from AS Music to POP.

Thanks for your opinions.

The problem is that the move might be possible, but you might not be able to get the free dining that you've already gotten. There are limited rooms available at each resort with the special free dining offer and I am assuming by this time all of the rooms are gone with the free dining offer.

I think you will be fine. I think afater the last couple of years you will see different behavior from the PW group...definitely for the better.

You will most likely lose your free dining.

If it were me, I would change over to another resort if I can afford it. I was there three years ago, when they were at POR and it was horrible - while I know that they are probably going to have zero tolerance for the Pop Warner this year - I thought they should have had zero tolerance three years ago when I was there. Never happened.

Rather than stressing about what is going to happen when you get there, I would change to another resort, if you can afford it.

Now, availability is another story.

Thanks KatMark and Missytara for your replies.

I heard back from my TA and she said that Pop was available for my dates. Only preferred is available so it would increase my cost a bit - but I think it will be worth it. I emailed her to confirm that I would still keep my free dining. If so then I think I will make the switch. If not - then we will have fun at Music.

The problem is that the move might be possible, but you might not be able to get the free dining that you've already gotten. There are limited rooms available at each resort with the special free dining offer and I am assuming by this time all of the rooms are gone with the free dining offer.

I think you will be fine. I think afater the last couple of years you will see different behavior from the PW group...definitely for the better.

Why what happened? I'm thinking this is Pop Warner Football right? I was at CBR with cheerleaders a year or two ago and they were perfect. They compete all day and we like to hang in the resort a lot, so the pool was empty and by the time they came back to swim, we were fast asleep. So having them in our resort actually made for a better trip. :thumbsup2

Why what happened? I'm thinking this is Pop Warner Football right? I was at CBR with cheerleaders a year or two ago and they were perfect. They compete all day and we like to hang in the resort a lot, so the pool was empty and by the time they came back to swim, we were fast asleep. So having them in our resort actually made for a better trip. :thumbsup2

You were one of the lucky ones. They had major problems at one of the values with fights breaking out; they had problems at POR with rude parents/athletes/cheerleaders, etc.

You were one of the lucky ones. They had major problems at one of the values with fights breaking out; they had problems at POR with rude parents/athletes/cheerleaders, etc.
But that is not the norm! Yes, the kids get loud and sometimes obnoxious, but for the most part, they are just kids being kids. The vast majority do not resort to violence. I was at Music with them, completely by chance, years ago. I had nothing bad to say about the kids. The food court got very busy at meal times, but I tend to eat at off times, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. And the buses were full for that hour before park opening and then at closing...especially on the last weekend. Usually, the kids are busy during the day, but they do hit the parks at night.

I'll be at WDW from Nov 29-Dec 13, so will be there at the same time as the PW groups. And, this will be my 6th year in a row at this time.
If you can change and you feel better about it, then go ahead. My only issue would be the free dining. There have been many people who have wanted to switch their resort reservations, especially after free dining booking times expired, only to find that sure, they could get a room but there were no more rooms that qualified for free dining. They have only so many rooms that you can book with the free dining package. Be very sure that your free dining is still in place if you switch.

I was at All Star Music last year during Pop Warner week and it was fine. Maybe it could be just be me but none of them bothered me one bit. It is hard not to notice them but that was the extent of it for me.

I am booked there again this year during Pop Warner week and looking forward to it.

And how, I was there in 2006, at POR completely by accident - what a disaster. It ran the gamut from the boys to the girls to the parents. By mid-week, you hardly recognized the staff - they all called out sick or asked to be moved to another resort for the remainder of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter