Can someone check for me, please?

Butler_chic07

Mouseketeer
Everytime I call MS I end up on the phone FOREVER... :confused: We bought our DVC membership not too long ago and do not have access yet to the online site.

We already booked our vacation for June 15-21 at our AKL home, in just a standard studio. We have decided to extend our vacation til the 22nd, due to his work. We actually plan on arriving the 14th, but were planning to stay somewhere else. What we'd like to do is move our DVC reservation to June 16-22. Basically dropping our first day and adding a day to the end of our reservations.

My favor: Can anyone check if there is availability for the night of June 21 in a standard studio at AKL?

I hate the idea of calling and waiting forever to speak with someone only to find out that there's no availability...

Thank you so very much! :goodvibes

This site prohibits us from providing actual avaialblity for a specific date. I believe it would be highly likely that you could make the change since AKV standard and savanna view is usually open that time of year at four to five months out. However, you need to do it by phone as you cannot just modify a reservation on line; your only on-line option is to cancel the entire reservation and then try to make a new one, which may or not be available when you make the try. Thus, you should call and and wait until you are answered and you should do it now.

Can I ask where on the Dis it talks about not talking about specific date availability? I'm just wondering since I recently had my hand slapped too and had no clue. I would just like to know where it may be, in case there are other rules I am unaware of as well. I looked a few places and can't seem to find anything outside of general Dis forum rules.

We bought our DVC membership not too long ago and do not have access yet to the online site.
Did you purchase directly from Disney or on the resale market? If you purchased a resale contract call MS and ask for the Club ID and PIN you need to set up your account on the members website. They might eventually get around to sending you that information but then again, they might not.

Thanks for the replies.

I apologize I didn't mean to break any rules. I just didn't feel like waiting for 30-45 mins. and then find out that it wasn't available. Every other time I've called I've had to wait that long.

I apologize if I upset anyone.

I call and just put the phone on speaker phone and go about my business while I wait. I know it sucks!! I think you have a good chance, just got to make the call. What can be there now, might be gone in 5 minutes.

When we got our packet for our resale, there was no website info. I called MS and they gave it to me. So when you get them on the line, just ask for it.

Can I ask where on the Dis it talks about not talking about specific date availability? I'm just wondering since I recently had my hand slapped too and had no clue. I would just like to know where it may be, in case there are other rules I am unaware of as well. I looked a few places and can't seem to find anything outside of general Dis forum rules.

Here ya' go:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823551

Questions and discussion regarding the technical and philosophical aspects of renting should go on the Member Services Board. Any discussions about renters getting DVC perks, DP, DME, AP discounts, room requests, or resort activity questions all belong on the DVC Resorts Board. Questions about "What are my chances of getting a reservation" should be asked on the DVC Member Services Forum. We do ask that requests about availability for specific dates NOT be asked or answered since such availability can (and will) change. General availability questions like "What are my chances of finding a SSR Studio at 7 months for late August" are welcome on the DVC Member Services Forum.

Here ya' go: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823551 Questions and discussion regarding the technical and philosophical aspects of renting should go on the Member Services Board. Any discussions about renters getting DVC perks, DP, DME, AP discounts, room requests, or resort activity questions all belong on the DVC Resorts Board. Questions about "What are my chances of getting a reservation" should be asked on the DVC Member Services Forum. We do ask that requests about availability for specific dates NOT be asked or answered since such availability can (and will) change. General availability questions like "What are my chances of finding a SSR Studio at 7 months for late August" are welcome on the DVC Member Services Forum.

Thank you!

Hmm, anyone else wonder why it's ok to ask specific dates for AP discounts but not DVC availability? I mean, the discounts could be gone before a person books. I think I need to have a conversation with a moderator to find out.

Hmm, anyone else wonder why it's ok to ask specific dates for AP discounts but not DVC availability? I mean, the discounts could be gone before a person books. I think I need to have a conversation with a moderator to find out.

My guess is that AP discounts won't be gone a few minutes after someone else passes on the information. And the DIS members don't know if there are any discounts left at specific resorts anyway, except if they called and found none for their days.

And if they are gone, they are gone. No one is going to complain to Disney that someone just looked on the website and found the room was available. Like they could if they were told a DVC villa was available.

Really, apples and oranges.

My guess is that AP discounts won't be gone a few minutes after someone else passes on the information. And the DIS members don't know if there are any discounts left at specific resorts anyway, except if they called and found none for their days. And if they are gone, they are gone. No one is going to complain to Disney that someone just looked on the website and found the room was available. Like they could if they were told a DVC villa was available. Really, apples and oranges.

Wow! People really do complain or have complained to DVC if some random person on a message board checked and it wasn't there when it was booked? I'm sure someone has along the way or that rule wouldn't be in place. Geesh. That's crazy!
But I have seen on the AP board of people asking for AP holders to check specific dates on the website, and people do and respond with what is avail when they check for them.

I think if the DIS allowed these types of posts the boards would be full of them particularly from renters wanting to know what's available for their dates before they bothered contacting an owner. I have nothing against renters but since they cannot check availability themselves, the DIS would become their access point to the data on the members website. DVC Members pay for operation of the website. It wouldn't be right to use up the shared bandwidth and resources that we all pay for to answer availability questions, particularly since the answers posted would be valid for that point in time and possibly invalid a minute later.

ETA: The other groups that ask about availability are members waiting for their 7-month window to open or those waiting for their resale to close. You could argue that someone who is already a member is paying their share for the website so why not allow them to ask about availability? DVC will not provide them availability information in that situation either online or via MS so the DIS is simply following DVC's policy.

But I have seen on the AP board of people asking for AP holders to check specific dates on the website, and people do and respond with what is avail when they check for them.

If they are doing that then AFAIK they are just being lazy. ;) Unless something has changed - and it may have - Disney only requires an AP at check in but will allow AP discounted rooms to be booked by anyone. And it's been possible to locate the codes on the web and check yourself so a little different from DVC that has itself put in place restrictions for checking availability.

Ap board?

I see people in the Disneyland area ask such questions and get answers, but they could call and get the answer on their own. They just don't know that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter