Can someone describe the food items on club level?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Can someone describe specifically the food items that are offered on the club levels at the loews hotels?
What type of rooms are on club levels?
Are they water view or garden? Both?

Hi - I'll try to remember what we had at HRH club level. Mornings were coffee, juice, milk, hot chocolate, donuts, cereals, fruit, oatmeal. Water, lemonade, and small cans of Sprite and Coke are offered all day. 5-7 beer (Heiniken, Bud, and Bud Light bottles) and wine - also, cheese and turkey/ham chunks, veggie tray, and a hot hor dourves - one time it was mini hot dogs, another time meatballs, another time warm pretzels. At night (maybe 8-10) they offered chocolate chip cookies, oreos, pudding, and rice krispy treats and Milk. I think that is all, someone else could add in more.

As for the types of rooms - there are all types - garden, water view, suites, ect.

Hope this helps :)

Originally posted by TigerLilly's Mom
I think that is all, someone else could add in more.

Nothing more to add... that was perfect :)

The chocolate chip cookes were "chips ahoy"

>>^..^<<

I can't believe that on a club level they can't come up with better cookies than oreos and chips ahoy

I don't really mind the cookies.
The breakfast seems very light though. No other pastries except donoughts? Was there a variety?

And the various rooms, I only see "club room" and one price - are all the rooms the same price - regardless of view?

Originally posted by PTarbay
I can't believe that on a club level they can't come up with better cookies than oreos and chips ahoy

You are right ~ it was atrocious LOL, a crime against humanity.

I am not a breakfast person and we were hardly ever there for the appetizers but the sweets at night are important to me :p and I was disappointed.

The pudding :eek: it was 2 big plastic bowls with chocolate and vanilla gelatinous glop and a big spoon.

To be fair... one out our our 6 nights they had home made cookies in the lounge.. my DD9 was so excited, there was choclate chip, white chocloate macadamian, oatmeal and a plain shortbread type one... these were very good :)

I also just noticed bagels and bread for toasting was missing from the breakfast description and with it they had butter, cream cheese, jams and peanut butter... they had a really good caraway seed bread that was awesome toasted.

>>^..^<<

Hi -
Actually, our Chocolate chip cookies were not chips Ahoy - they were big and chewy - definately homemade from somewhere - I would have been disappointed with chips ahoy - yuck!!

TigerLilly's Mom... actually I just posted about that... 5 nights they were chips ahoy (trust me, I buy them at home) and one night it was the big chewy cookies you are describing :)

>>^..^<<

I knew I forgot something at breakfast - toast and bagels - thanks!!! I'm not sure about booking views on club level. We booked with hotelkingdom.com and we had a pool and park view - it was awesome - however - I didn't request it. Maybe when you book straight with Loews you can request a view?

>>^..^<< - I guess we are posting at the same time :) I had heard about the Chips Ahoy and was glad not to get them, I really thought the Oreos were lame and would have thought it ridiculous if both types of cookies were store bought. We did enjoy the rice krispy treats though - I never make them at home - to messy!!

>>^..^<< - I really loved reading your trip reports - I was bummed that we couldn't do Disney this year - so reading your reports were great!!

Off for a field trip with DD -5. I keep checking the boards and procrastinating - Apple picking :rolleyes: DS - 8 has much more interesting field trips - Rain Forest Cafe, Tide Pools, ect. Ok, ok, I really am getting ready to go - really!!! LOL

When we stayed July 2001, the breakfast was muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, cereal, etc and evening was cheese and crackers. There was nothing hot! The cookies and milk consisted of oreos, chips ahoy and I guess we were the lucky ones to get those peanut shaped cookies...I think they are called Nutter Butters?????:rolleyes: I agree, for the price you pay and the fact they have access to a kitchen with ovens, they could have done better than run out to Wal-Mart and shop the cookie isle.

Is there something else on Club Level that justifies the price difference?The food doesn't sound too good and I have read the rooms are the same and there's no special check-in.I was quoted $175 more a night for Club Level.

You get discounted rates on the pool cabanas.. and the elevator key to the secure floor... the staff will make reservations at restaurants for you if you ask. Thats about it.

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter