Can someone explain the San Francisco/Tokyo redo of the Pacific Wharf area?

Thanks for the replies... I guess now that I think back I remember the reference to Big Hero 6...

I was definitely a patron of the beer cart, hopefully something like that will still be there...
Maybe the asian/fusion offerings will get a boost??

I'll check back in Sept/Oct to see how things are!
Here's a page on the Disney Parks Blog site that discusses the new menu items:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/07/disney-eats-foodie-guide-to-san-fransokyo-square/

And here's the page on the DL website for the renovated area:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/san-fransokyo/

Not really excited about it. I liked Pacific Wharf Cafe as it was and as a very picky eater, I'm not thrilled with many of the changes in food options because I had several favorites there. I do see some things I would like, at least (turkey club). But to be fair, I don't like the majority of what everyone else seems to love, at DLR or anywhere else.

Not really excited about it. I liked Pacific Wharf Cafe as it was and as a very picky eater, I'm not thrilled with many of the changes in food options because I had several favorites there. I do see some things I would like, at least (turkey club). But to be fair, I don't like the majority of what everyone else seems to love, at DLR or anywhere else.
That's ok, you like what you like!!! I like lots of food but the menus do not impress me much, but at least Disney is trying!!

I don't like the new menu......no salad :( I can't eat noodles or rice
As much as I love the bread, I can't eat much of it and liked the salads and bread separate.
Will probably have to skip it :(

I don't like the new menu......no salad :( I can't eat noodles or rice
As much as I love the bread, I can't eat much of it and liked the salads and bread separate.
Will probably have to skip it :(
Yes! Salads are my go-to. I'm not big on fried or fatty foods, not really a burger fan, don't like spicy food, onions, garlic, hot dogs. I do love sugar 😂

I think we diehard Disney fans get caught up in the magic and forget sometimes that Disney is a business trying to make money. California has a huge Asian population and its much easier to get to Disneyland from Asia than to Disney World. In my opinion, the change does cater to the local California Disney fan. It is still named California Adventure after all. We'll see if the change is good or bad but as someone mentioned above, I applaud Disney for at least trying.

We love Big Hero 6, so this will appeal to my family. Is Pacific Wharf cafe closed during the refresh? I wish they’d bring back the shrimp Louie they used to offer
ETA- the new soba noodle salad looks perfect! Any chance it will be offered before 8/31?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter