Can someone link me to the thread?

lynxstch

I Love Figment
I just read about piratesmate's recipe for pork loin and beans..can't find the thread to it?..can someone link me..or list the recipe again...thanks!

Pork Loin & Beans

Unfortunately, I don't have measurements for this. (I learned to cook by the "way it looks!")
2 lb pork loin (other pork roast works too)
6 14 oz cans Great Northern Beans, drained
ketchup - probably 1/2 bottle
brown sugar - probably 1/4 - 1/3 cup
worcestershire sauce - probably 1 Tbl

Mix beans, ketchup, sugar, worcestershire in crock. Exact measure is not necessary. You just don't want it too soupy (like generic pork & beans come in the can - that's too soupy) or too dry. Put the pork on top & cook on low 8 hours. This is even better left over!

Have tried so many great recipes from this board..they were all delicious...can't wait to try this one!..Thanks piratesmate!!!!!!!!

What is the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin? Can you substitute one for the other?

Hi babylisa4 - Technically, the loin is a wholesale cut of pork. From this, many "retail" cuts are made. These cuts include things like:
loin roasts
tenderloin
loin chops

At least that is the way it is described in my old recipe books from my grandmother & great great aunt.

So, yes, they are interchangeable. In fact, the last number of times I've made this I've used tenderloin that I bought in a cryovac package & split up. Years ago, I used a less expensive cut.

I used pork butt shoulder and it was great with that too.

My husband thought the shoulder would make good pulled pork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter