Can Someone Please Explain E-Tickets?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
We got our tickets online and have no paper tickets. I have the prints outs from my computer, though. So, what will I do when we get to the airport? Do I need to know the credit card number I used to buy them? Do I need to have ID stil? And, what kind of ID do I bring for my 4 year old daughter?

Thanks. Nicole

If the airport has an E-ticket kiosk, you will need your credit card. If you use the regular checkin lines, you need to show your ID and confirmation. I'm not sure about ID for your 4 year old.

Your 4 year old will not need ID (she's with you), but you definitely do. You will be asked for it at least once and probably more than once before you actually board the plane.

An e-ticket just means there is no paper ticket to lose or have stolen. The airline has a record of your ticket in its computer. Usually, all you need at the check in desk is to know what flight you have the ticket on and your ID. I do carry the credit card used to purchase it (may need it on the trip anyway) and as nluvwithdisney said, it may be required to use the special check in terminals at the airport. These special terminals often have no lines and are usually much quicker than standing in line waiting for an agent. To use them, you just follow the directions on the screen. There are generally airline employees nearby to assist if you need help.

In addition to your ID, you should also bring a copy of your itinerary or your e-ticket receipt (your computer printouts). Some airports require pasengers to have one of those, a paper ticket or a boarding pass to get through security.

Have a good trip!

Our flight was changed and we got some information mailed to us about the change of flight, our seat numbers, the flight number, etc. Will this be enough to take or do we need to take the email I received?

Thanks for all of your help.

Nicole

Either should be fine. If it were me, I'd take both - no harm really done if you lose/misplace either one of those things.

Have a nice trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter