Can someone tell me about the shows /times at Sea World?

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
We our going to Sea World for the first time with our 5 year old son. What shows are there not to be missed for a 5 year old? Also does anyone have the times for the shows so I can have some idea of a schedule. Thanks we are going in May.:)

Don't miss any of the shows. I can post some show times for this weekend but they change them constantly.

For the whale and Dolphin show they usually have some audience participation, picking a child of 4 or 5 to be the "star" in the show. It's worth getting to the stadium at least 45-60 minutes before showtime and see if you can pick out the CM who has to select the child for the show. Usually they will wander around the walkway at the front of the seating area ( often with a clipboard ) looking for a cute kid or one who shows an interest in the dolphins. If yours is an outgoing kid and you think he's like to be in the show try to prompt him to go ask the CM some questions about the dolphins. This tactic has worked for both my DDs , I didn't tell either of them what we were up to , just in case they didn't get picked, but it one of my fondest memories of all my vacations in Orlando to see them petting the dolphins in the show. Well worth investing an hour of waiting JMHO.

Cirque de la Mer and Pets Ahoy were two shows that seem to play well with younger kids and are easy to overlook. It usually seems that the show times mean you'll need two days to fit them all in. It's almost certain they will be running "second day free" while you're there so if you can fit a second day into your schedule it's a relatively cheap, fun day :)

R. Walker, Where can I get a listing of show times? Our trip is fast approaching (May 31st) and I would love to have the day's touring plan complete before I enter the park. But, where else but the park, can I get show times?
Thanks.

I might swing through there next week. I can pick up a show schedule but don't plan your schedule in rock. They like to change their showtimes so that the animals don't get use to preforming at a specific time during the day.

Vernon just so you know Cirque du la Mar is closed and being re-done. They are redoing the theatre and will be calling it Odyssea adn should be opening around June 9th. They are doing a passholder preview on June 7th but they havn't announced a re-opening date yet.

I would love to see a schedule! Thanks so much.
Robert, you seem very knowledgeable about Sea World, so I'll ask you this: Do you recommend the Dine with Shamu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter