Can They Do This?

Trish5768

<font color=6600CC>Each food in its own time<br><f
I finally called and got a CRO who was willing to help with my problem of applying a code to the basic package. She called air help and said that I could keep my air-great I'm thrilled. She then proceeds to cancel my hotel part of package and gets me a room only ressie with the AXA code. Then she says that the only hitch is that to keep the air I have to either book a towncar thru them or buy the travel insurance. I don't need either, I already have a towncar reserved thru FL Tours anyway-I figure its worth it to switch to StarTaxi I believe she said-I said how much for the towncar and she says $140 round trip! I said there is no way I'm paying that for a towncar when I have one reserved for $85 she says round trip I said o yeah, and I have a $10 off coupon. So she says I have to purchase the insurance or go with Mears. I'm kinda stuck because then she says she can't or at this point won't be able to readd my room to the ressie. I'm confused and should have been told this before she made ANY changes not after the fact. Has anyone been in this situation or have any ideas how to go about fixing the problem? Sorry this is so long.

Sorry this happened to you. That is why we never use travel agents, or do packages... too much headache, to many unseen expenses. It is worth the time and effort to do it all yourself.

Is it too late to cancel everything and start over. That way you can book your own airline flight online, keep your original air-ground transfer, and keep the code on the room only reservation?

It might be worth it to look into it!

Yes, they can do it. WDW Travel only sells "packages". So you need airfare and something else for a "package".

Why does it HAVE to be a package?

I did the come back rate and ended up getting WDW Travel when I called (didn't know till afterwards but it's okay) and I did room only.... it was cheaper than the AP rate I had the time before on value season so I know I was not CHARGED for the "mini golf or sports complex admission"- but when I got the confirmation... that's what it showed for each person. Just like I had done a pkg instead of just a room. I didn't have to pay for airfare, transportation, nor insurance. I declined all of it. Still got the same rate. But I guess they added (without charge?) the mini golf stuff to make it a "pkg"?

It definitely is WDW travel... I've received confirmation of reservation and then confirmation of them receiving deposit pymt- both times from WDW travel.

I'm sorry you are having all this trouble. :(

Just wondering will you still be saving $ if you go with Mears, but not use the transfers? I mean still use the towncar? Can this be done? I don't know what your savings on air fare is but if it still comes out to saving $ try it. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb idea but I don't know what everything is costing you.

The package problem that she has is that she booked airfare. WDW Travel can sell room only "packages", but I am pretty sure if you buy airfare from them you have to take something else with it.

How many people are in your party? If there are at least 3 but no more than 3 adults and 2 children, you would be best to go with Tiffany Towncar. You can get a coupon from their site, and it will cost you less than Mears, plus you will not have to make all of the stops to and from the airport as you would sharing the van with others as you do with the Mears shuttle.

Thanks Eeoyre-we have 2 adults and 2 children going. I do have a towncar booked and a coupon. Mears is more expensive than what I'm paying now that it has to be added to my air. I'm still not sure what to do, I think I'm just going to check air fares on the internet and probably just drop the air the WDTC. I know this is crazy but I really want my grocery stop-I have to have my Pepsi. :D

I think that is a good idea... I would just drop the air and transfer and do those yourself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter