Can tickets be changed?

lsutigers03

DIS Veteran
Trip Advisor has 20% off Things to Do until October 7 if you go through Target Circle. I want to get Disneyland Tickets for 4 days with park hopper and Genie+. If I add my date of February 2024 all that is available is a 3 day hopper with no Genie+. I could also add a date in 2023 that has 4 days with hopper and Genie+. My question is if I do the first option can I call and add a day and add genie+ or if I do the second option can I call and change the dates and pay any increase in the price? If I can do both which would be the best option?

Last edited:
Disney will always let you pay more! I just upgraded a 1-day parkhopper to a 2-day single-park ticket and also added Genie+ when I did it. It just took a phone call.

You'd have to buy the tickets available and then call the ticket number (714-781-4636) to get the extra day/Genie added. Just be sure whatever tickets you originally buy don't have any restrictions on them.

(I believe people over on the Budget Board have also been strategizing this but they mostly look at WDW stuff)

PHXscuba

Disney will always let you pay more! I just upgraded a 1-day parkhopper to a 2-day single-park ticket and also added Genie+ when I did it. It just took a phone call.

You'd have to buy the tickets available and then call the ticket number (714-781-4636) to get the extra day/Genie added. Just be sure whatever tickets you originally buy don't have any restrictions on them.

(I believe people over on the Budget Board have also been strategizing this but they mostly look at WDW stuff)

PHXscuba
Thank you very much

I did the latter today - bought for 12/31 to get the ticket I needed and then reserved my actual days in January. The system let me, but I chatted with a CM to be sure the date would not be an issue. They said if it worked then I was fine and nothing more needed to be done. The ticket did not show any specific date on it when I received my email and I was able to link them right away on the app with the QR code.

I did the latter today - bought for 12/31 to get the ticket I needed and then reserved my actual days in January. The system let me, but I chatted with a CM to be sure the date would not be an issue. They said if it worked then I was fine and nothing more needed to be done. The ticket did not show any specific date on it when I received my email and I was able to link them right away on the app with the QR code.
Where did you go to try and do it online? Can you give me some direction on how to attempt the change? I'll probably call as well but I was curious how it would work online. Also, what number did you call and did you give a new start date or the dates for your entire trip?

The more I think about it I was wondering if this is necessary? Aren't the tickets good until you start to use them or until January 2025. Do I even need to call and change dates?

This is a great deal!

What is the expiration date of these tickets? Jan 2025?
Yes that was the date I saw for expiration as of now.

Last edited:
Oh wow, thanks for this! I just bought my sister's PH for December and saved $95. Great deal!

Where did you go to try and do it online? Can you give me some direction on how to attempt the change? I'll probably call as well but I was curious how it would work online. Also, what number did you call and did you give a new start date or the dates for your entire trip?

The more I think about it I was wondering if this is necessary? Aren't the tickets good until you start to use them or until January 2025. Do I even need to call and change dates?

There was nowhere to change the date for the ticket online that I could find, nor did there appear to be a date associated with it at all on the receipts. I linked it to my account online, and made my three days' of reservations in January. I didn't call, I chatted with them online, but did tell them the date I put in when I bought them on tripadvisor (12/31) and the dates of my actual trip (1/26-1/28) and they confirmed all looked good for those dates.

Copying this here as well from the Budget Board as I have more info:

"Mine says this on the tripadvisor terms -

"Regular eTickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2025, whichever occurs first."

Thank you for asking again; it made me go back and log into tripadvisor to doublecheck; my email confirmations and the tickets linked in the disneyland app had no date at all. Now I'm even more confident. Wish I knew for sure our dates/if my husband was joining me for D23 in August next year; I'd buy a second set in a heartbeat if I was certain!"

"Regular eTickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2025, whichever occurs first."

Thank you for asking again; it made me go back and log into tripadvisor to doublecheck; my email confirmations and the tickets linked in the disneyland app had no date at all. Now I'm even more confident. Wish I knew for sure our dates/if my husband was joining me for D23 in August next year; I'd buy a second set in a heartbeat if I was certain!"
Just saw that. It looks like I should be good. I'll also go through the Rakuten app to get 21,000 AMEX points to add to the savings.

Thank you for starting this thread. I am interested in getting tixs for April 2024 but couldn't get 3 day PH with Genie+ to show up. I will buy Dec tixs and wait to make theme park reservations when they become available.

Just saw that. It looks like I should be good. I'll also go through the Rakuten app to get 21,000 AMEX points to add to the savings.
Please help me understand Target Circle, I've never used it before. Do I only need the promo code they emailed me? I don't actually have to click through Target to Tripadvisor? So, it is possible to also use Rakuten? Would I also get the 4% cash back they have listed for Tripadvisor experiences? I hope I'm making sense.

Please help me understand Target Circle, I've never used it before. Do I only need the promo code they emailed me? I don't actually have to click through Target to Tripadvisor? So, it is possible to also use Rakuten? Would I also get the 4% cash back they have listed for Tripadvisor experiences? I hope I'm making sense.
From what I read, yes, you can do that. I have no experience with how it's done but there are threads about it (try the Budget Board maybe). Isutiger a few posts above this one mentions Rakuten.

When I look at the tickets, I saw this information listed under "additional information" about expiration of the etickets.
  • eTickets must be redeemed on selected date of travel
  • eTickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first
For the ones that purchased the tickets with the January 2025 expiration date, does that date show up after your purchase? TIA!

When I look at the tickets, I saw this information listed under "additional information" about expiration of the etickets.
  • eTickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first
For the ones that purchased the tickets with the January 2025 expiration date, does that date show up after your purchase? TIA!
I did not look until after my purchase, but that is what the website says when I log back in and check. It did allow me to reserve my park dates in later January.

The etickets I received from Trip Advisor have a January 12, 2025 expiration.

I just purchased tickets through Rakuten>TripAdvisor>Entered Target Circle Code. I entered Oct 10 as the date. The tickets arrived in my email immediately. I linked them to the app, they were not tied to a date, so I made reservations for Feb (just to confirm they are valid for next year). Once my actual dates in May open up, I will change the reservation. Such a great deal, I’m anxious to see if the 4% from Rakuten will actually show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter