Can we bring in our own food or drinks?

PoohGirlNJ

Earning My Ears
Are we allowed to carry in our own drinks and/or food? Trying to find a few cost-cutting ways.

Thanks!

Are we allowed to carry in our own drinks and/or food? Trying to find a few cost-cutting ways.

Thanks!

Yes, thankfully, unlike some other venues, you can bring in your own snacks and drinks.

No large or rolling coolers though (or rather that is the rule - sure wish it was enforced better) ;)

Yes, it's a great way to save.

I had groceries shipped down from Walmart to our resort and I also packed a few things.

You can go into any quick service restaurant and request free ice water in a cup. Bring lemonade/iced tea packets to flavor as Florida water isn't the best.

That is good to know! As a gluten free family, it will definitely be easier to have things on hand before the hunger meltdown occurs while we try to find a gluten free friendly place, lol.

Disney is very flexible concerning food and beverages. Almost anything goes .....except no glass and no alcohol.

We bring soda, snacks (sweet and salty), Capri Sun, and sandwiches in a backpack on every trip to a park. It has never been an issue.

The same goes for the water parks as well.

If you look on the budget board, there are some great threads about taking your own food into Disney World and where to eat it.

Absolutely!!! We always bring our lunch, snacks and drinks. We freeze some water bottles as well. We usually time our lunch or snack breaks around the parades. We get a spot nice and early, enjoy our lunch and by the time we are done, the parade is starting. Its a nice little break for us, we have never had a problem finding a good parade spot and it saves us money as we stay offsite and therefore are not on a dining plan.

Yes, thank goodness! We drive down and bring food with us. Neither my mom nor I are big breakfast people, so we brought granola bars, breakfast bars, etc. into the parks for our breakfast snack. We also brought snack food and water bottles into the parks with us. The snacks would hold us off until dinner. I've heard of people very often having groceries delivered to their rooms or packing meals for their more picky children and bringing it into the parks with them.

Granted, we were there quite a few years ago, but brought bottled water, sports drinks, snacks, sandwiches, fruit. We are on different eating patterns (I need to eat every so often, dh eats one big meal at the end of the day, dd#2 eats virtually nothing 5 times a day, ds was ALWAYS hungry), so that worked for us. We had groceries ordered (although that might break the "budget" aspect of bringing in your own food).

That is good to know! As a gluten free family, it will definitely be easier to have things on hand before the hunger meltdown occurs while we try to find a gluten free friendly place, lol.

Just so you're aware, pretty much every restaurant in Disney is gluten free friendly. Disney is a leader in food allergies and you'll find GF products everywhere. A few select counter services are even trialing allergy free menus so you don't have to have a chef/manager come out unless you prefer it. If a restaurant has hamburgers, they'll be GF buns; hot dog places have GF buns too. At least 1 QS has allergy friendly chicken tenders. Enjoy life cookies abound and pasta is a plenty.

When you arrive at a QS, let the cashier know you have a dietary restriction and you'll either be handed an allergy menu or a manager will come out to discuss your options. Make a note that you're GF on all dining ADRs and remind the host/ess when checking in. Your table ticket will have ALLERGY stamped on it and a chef will come out to discuss your needs. Disney is by far the easiest place to eat with dietary restrictions. You can bring in food, but you might find that you don't need to.

If you plan on going to the Animal Kingdom keep in mind they do not allow you to bring in plastic straws or cup lids. They don't want them near the animals. So if you like juice boxes bring along a sippy cup or bottle to pour them into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter