Can we cram into a compact car?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
Trying to get my rental price down as much as possible - a reservation (hertz) for a compact car is $150 less than the next class up. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 teens. We'll have 3 carry on suitcases, one duffle bag and 4 backpacks (we can put these in the car with us). Can we squeeze into a compact? We'll only have our luggage for the ride to/from Disney, but on our last day we'll check out at 10 am and our flight isn't until 8 pm so we'll have our luggage with us all day.

In the Budget line up the Compact cars include Ford Focus, Kia Soul, Nissan Versa, Nissan Juke or VW Golf. Hertz is a whole lot more vauge, saying "Nissan Versa, Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Impala or a similar vehicle" The Versa is nothing like the Impala (which ended production in 2020)

I always tell my kids - as long as we have enough seatbelts, we'll take whatever car is most affordable - and we have traveled with suitcases in the cabin sometimes if necessary. It's only for a short amount of time.

Three carry-on suitcases in a Soul should work, but four was tough. We only got that option once when it was slim pickings in January. I'd avoid that one.

Any other compact car we've always been fine with (3 adults and one adult-tall teen) since we only pretty much use it from the airport and maybe to and from a park. We've even done it with 5 when my adult DS came with us lol.

I always tell my kids - as long as we have enough seatbelts, we'll take whatever car is most affordable - and we have traveled with suitcases in the cabin sometimes if necessary. It's only for a short amount of time.
This! :)

when we traveled as a foursome, we crammed into whatever car was the right price :rotfl2: as long as it had seatbelts for all. occasionally that meant a suitcase on the lap on the way to airport.... but we made it work.

You can make it work, depending on the size of your teens, it's probably going to be cramped in the back, especially if you have a tall driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter