Can we have a Disney World cease-fire?

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
With everything happening in the world the last few years, our family has finally gotten back to Disney World - our happy place.

The moment we got settled in it was a sigh of relief of not only the traveling/waiting in line…but a bigger sigh of escape/reprieve from the world’s bigger political issues/discourse.

The next morning I went to the gym (which is also just starting to feel normal again).
I got on the treadmill and the TV’s were all set to a cable news channel.

Immediately the blaring “breaking news” of the outside world’s cable news channel came rushing back in.
This has nothing to do with my personal opinions or the particular cable news channels slant on the issues.

I just like to think we can ALL agree DW is our escape.

So with that, can’t public spaces like gyms and bars in Disney just not have any particular cable news on?

I mean first off you’re most likely going to put half the people off depending on the particular channel. So what's the benefit?

Especially in this age of technology anyone could still have all the personal access to anything they want to watch on their own devices…
So why have any particular news channel put on in public space?

Walt Disney was known for wanting to keep us immersed in the magic. Main Street has Grand Floridian in the distance etc…

Sometimes it seems like we can’t all agree on anything…

By chance, (I cringe asking) can this be just ONE little thing we can all agree upon?

Are any CMs in there? Ask to change the channel. As for the bars I have never seen one that had news on. Sports, yes.

Disney is in fact an entertainment company bottom line is when people go there they want to and are paying to be entertained. If they lose track of this I am sure the customers will remind them of the expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter