Can we request new room assignments on VGT?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
We got 2 rooms directly under the gym and scross from housekeeping closet. Every review is bad. Noise excessive from gum all day.
Kinda want to cry :(

We got 2 rooms directly under the gym and across from housekeeping closet. Every review is bad. Noise excessive from gum all day.
Not until embarkation day, but I wouldn't worry about it. No Disney stateroom is going to be awful, and most of them also aren't perfect. Some people exaggerate complaints, and sometimes past issues are resolved over time. You also aren't going to be in the stateroom all day. You can put on the stateroom TV with Disney music playing in the background while you're hanging out in your stateroom during the day.

If you're super concerned, you can try to upgrade staterooms on embarkation day, which would allow you to choose a specific room. There will be a cost to this, of course, and there is no guarantee your new stateroom would be silent. You could always have noisy kids playing hijinks in the hall, or a noisy family next door. Personally, I would just focus on the cost savings and accept the fact that most staterooms are just fine but not perfect.

On my last cruise, the shower drain kept clogging, so the bathtub filled with water over my feet every time I showered. They kept trying to fix it but it was never fully resolved and they gave me a complimentary bathrobe for my trouble. It did not ruin my cruise, though. The cruise before that, a family with a crying baby was next door in a connecting stateroom. That didn't ruin my cruise, either. On the cruise before that, in the middle of one night there was a couple next to us having a very loud fight that actually required security to break up. That didn't ruin our cruise, either.

Go with the flow, and don't let little problems derail the cruise experience for you.

Last edited:
Every single review (and tons of them) discuss the huge amount of noise from above from 6am-10pm and also outside the room due to the closet being right there - banging all the time :(

Every single review (and tons of them) discuss the huge amount of noise from above from 6am-10pm and also outside the room due to the closet being right there - banging all the time :(
I also just watched a video where the person said they used the gym every day and there was only ever one or two other people in it.

My advice is bring earplugs to sleep with.

We got 2 rooms directly under the gym and scross from housekeeping closet. Every review is bad. Noise excessive from gum all day.
Unfortunately, that is the risk you take when you book *GT rates. As the other poster said, it may not be awful as others are making it out to be. And maybe you can upgrade at the port if you are willing to pay, especially if the two rooms can be slightly apart from each other. Be positive - you'll be on a Disney cruise!

I also just watched a video where the person said they used the gym every day and there was only ever one or two other people in it.
This. I've used the gym and while there have been plenty of people there, especially in the morning, they tend to be on workout machines, not making a lot of thumping noises. Imo being under the pool deck area with deck chairs being moved at all hours would be worse. At least the gym is closed at night, whereas CMs move deck chairs around at 0 dark thirty.

And maybe you can upgrade at the port if you are willing to pay
I would be wary of paying in an attempt to get quiet, because ANY stateroom can have noisy neighbors.

Last edited:

Only option is to pay for an upgrade/change at the port. I’ve only seen one person ever post getting changed. She had a toddler and was assigned a HA cabin with a shower only. Yes, as mentioned, you are willing to accept any room to save money. I’ve been on deck 10 in a 5A forward and it was fine with us. It was next to the bridge wing.

So this is the risk of the GT rooms. Definitely money savings, but you are playing the lottery. Sometimes you win.... sometimes....
I agree with posters that noise can come from anywhere. Definitely had some noisy neighbors on cruises. But I also know there are certain rooms that are a definite NO for me (from experience) and I won't book a GT that could put me in any of those rooms. It's not worth the risk.

Here is my opinion on the two main noise issues you mentioned.
Gym noise is relegated to daytime hours. If you are already up at 6:00am everyday and go to bed at 11:00pm, you may not care overmuch about gym noise. But if thumping/pounding noise during the day when you head to your room for a break bothers you, it could be an issue.

Same for the house keeping closet. It's intermittent noise, they load the carts and heard off to clean.

Two things to give you hope of you choose to keep the room.
First, I had a cruise in a room that ended up being one of my NO rooms. It was not pleasant to deal with for me. But it did not ruin the cruise. It caused moderate amounts of inconvenience that I now tell as a story. I don't look back at the cruise as ruined at all. I still have great memories from that cruise. It did teach me what I value in a room location though. I wouldn't have known that without the experience.

Second, things that may bother you, may not bother other people, and vise versa.

I suggest using the reviews to look for complaints about things you know bother you. Only you know wha those are, and if you don't know yet, you will once you experience them and you won't know until you try stuff out.

Thats a long way around saying only you know what is important to you, and some noises that really set off other people and cause them to write a scathing review, might not bother you in the least.

If you don't want to upgrade as others have mentioned, accept the room location as a learning experience to help you know what to better do or not do next time, and enjoy the rest of the cruise. Most of your cruise probably won't be spent in your room anyway.

We did a B2B cruise in a cabin that shared a wall with a housekeeping closet. We had zero issues. We got to know all the room stewards that used it - it was also their hang out spot. That same cabin was under cabanas. That was much more of an issue, but not a deal breaker. Use a white noise machine and some ear plugs!

I prefer to save thousands of dollars and deal with a little noise if it happens. I can’t say Ive ever had a cruise ruined by my room. I just booked a 9b gty and got a 8b. My GT rooms have all been fine. The only time I’ve had issues with noise was my partying neighbors.

I doubt may people are hitting the gym before 8. It’s usually pretty quite early morning unless it’s a big port day. I usually go in the early evening and have it all to myself.

We did a B2B cruise in a cabin that shared a wall with a housekeeping closet. We had zero issues. We got to know all the room stewards that used it - it was also their hang out spot. That same cabin was under cabanas. That was much more of an issue, but not a deal breaker. Use a white noise machine and some ear plugs!
I was under cabanas too. The worse night was the pirate buffet night. The staff was cleaning afterwards, so was pretty noisy.

Over the years my wife and I have had rooms in areas that people said were not good. In all those rooms we never had a problem.
You won't know for sure till you get there.
Not sure if you can try to upgrade while on the ship after you have checked out the room, that might be worth looking into.

Over the years my wife and I have had rooms in areas that people said were not good. In all those rooms we never had a problem.
You won't know for sure till you get there.
Not sure if you can try to upgrade while on the ship after you have checked out the room, that might be worth looking into.
We had rooms directly under senses spa and fitness center and never had any issues - frankly we booked for the exact same room another sailing after getting it randomly assigned the first time

We had rooms directly under senses spa and fitness center and never had any issues - frankly we booked for the exact same room another sailing after getting it randomly assigned the first time
On this last cruise we were in a veranda room in the back of the ship. People talk about the vibration issue and we noticed it but for us it was not a big deal.

In the past (twice)we have been right outside of a laundry room and never heard any noise from the machines.

We have had veranda rooms under the pool deck and only heard minimal noise in the morning (if we were awake) when the crew was setting up deck lounges but not enough noise to wake us up.

We have also booked the same room more than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter