Can We Take The Skyliner To The Boat? An Aug/Sep 2022 TR (Complete)

Am really sorry you re going through this health scare and not feeling well. All the best in your treatment . Sounds like it will be a rough six months but great it has a good prognosis with chemo.

I am truly sorry to hear what you are going through. It will be a tough period for sure, but at least it’s good to know the prognosis is excellent. I hope you have a quick recovery and the side effects of the chemo don’t hit you too hard… stay strong 💪

I'm a longtime lurker, but I couldn't read your latest update and not post. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I'm glad you figured out what was going on. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Life Update: I don't remember if I've specifically referenced it here, but I've been trying to identify the cause of some vague health issues since May 2022. It turns out I have Hodgkins lymphoma. This particular cancer has an extremely high cure rate, but that cure is 6 months of chemo. While I'm glad to have an excellent prognosis, chemo is clearly going to suck. I'm one treatment in and doing ok, but we've got a ways to go.

In the meantime, I haven't been feeling particularly DisBoard-y of late, so I'm not sure if/when I'll be back on this TR. Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I'm going to be fine, but it's going to be tough for a while. Who knows? Maybe I'll decide chemo infusion time is a great time for updating, but I think it's more likely I'll just binge my way through every streaming service I've been too cheap to subscribe in thus far!
I am so glad you have a good prognosis. Sending you good, healing vibes and prayers. I am sure I am not the only one who would accept whatever you feel you are up to posting, even if that is nothing.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm halfway through my treatment and my scans are looking great, so I should be on track to finish up chemo as school is letting out for the summer. If you'd like more detail, feel free to check out my PTR here. In the meantime, I'm feeling DIS-y again, so an update.

Day 4: Team Kids

As morning dawned in Orlando, it was time to tackle the most suspenseful part of our trip: the virtual queue! No one who has read this far will be surprised that I used every trick to get a good slot. After speedtesting both phones on and off of wifi, it was determined that Hubby’s phone on data was the way to go. I sat with my phone on time.gov and his on the MDE boarding group screen, periodically scrolling the display to keep them both awake. At 6:59:59 I tapped and…

vSQPksQl.png

Boarding group 3 on my very first try! Huzzah, hooray, and other celebratory words! With that situated, it was time to get ready for another rope drop, although not quite as early as our first few. We were out of the room at 7:40am and tapping into Epcot 8 minutes later. Although Early Entry didn’t officially start until 8:00am, the line for Remy was already moving when we went in at 7:54am. After a short wait, we boarded at 8:04am. While we all enjoyed this ride, it wasn’t a favorite of anyone. I’m sure we’d have been more impressed if we hadn’t done Runaway Railway first, but between the two, there’s no comparison.

We had a DAS for Frozen and wow, does that feel like a hike? It took us a solid ten minutes to make it to Norway where the LL was a walk on at 8:32am.

sgACQAXl.jpg

We picked up Test Track next and stopped for some pictures on the way.

iIL8wcUl.jpg

Q6yAVgdl.jpg

The girls were feeling the sisterly love this morning and were very excited to be able to sit in a row and a design a car all by themselves. When we tapped in at 8:56am, they were chanting "Team Kids! Team Kids!" and were psyched for their test car to beat ours. That is, until the collaboration actually had to take place. Aurora came out of the design room in tears that Cindy and Belle didn’t use any of her ideas and just made the car they wanted.

LKIbGG2l.jpg

Even after the ride, A grumped her way through the whole exit area. Eventually, she calmed enough for B & C to apologize and they all hugged it out. I was glad to have that behind us, because we had a virtual queue to get to! I had successfully avoided most spoilers for Guardians, so all I really knew is that it was an indoor rollercoaster with various song selections.

ZIjyXJyl.jpg

JtL8GtWl.jpg

Without spoiling anyone else, OMG I love this ride! I think it’s my favorite ride in Disney World. The preshows, the ride itself, the music: it’s all awesome. We got Everybody Wants To Rule The World and it was so much fun! It was intense enough that I wasn’t sure how the girls would feel, but they all gave it somewhat positive reviews. They found parts of it a bit much but were willing to try again another day. We stopped for photopass pics and I think that line was longer than the wait to get to the first preshow!

eBVKcUel.jpg

The Jammitors were starting their 10:15 performance, so we stopped to snack and sunscreen while enjoying the show. Next up, we wanted to catch Goofy as I’d heard his line under Spaceship Earth was relatively short since a lot of folks didn’t know he was there. As hoped the wait was only about five minutes.

vlzJqDhl.jpg

From there, we had a walk on for Spaceship Earth at 10:43 and then The Seas with Nemo at 11:08.

VgJCWBHl.jpg

The kids abandoned us old fogies once again! While we looked around the aquarium, the girls started in with the intense whining. No one could agree on what to look at, they were hungry, you name it. They had eaten the packed snack less than an hour earlier and we had a big lunch reservation coming up, so I wasn’t giving in to the food demands. We have a really good aquarium nearby, but not with manatees or dolphins, so I was able to distract the girls with large mammals. The dolphins were even being put through some training routines, so we got a bit of a show. Turtle Talk with Crush was as adorable as always and then it was finally time for lunch.

248VAD1l.jpg

Tn7VnV1l.jpg

jZBLT8Ll.jpg

yR7DpOel.jpg

Garden Grill was one of our splurge meals this trip. The food and characters are so much better than the various character buffets available. We were all in need of some time off our feet with good food and drink, plus the characters came through a couple of times during our meal. It was a great reset for everyone. After rotating through at lunch, we of course had to ride Living with the Land.

We all agreed that pool time was in order, but we were going to meet a few characters on our way out. We tried to stop at the Disney Visa character spot, but there was a long line and the CM there guessed we’d have at least a 20-minute wait. Instead, we opted to head straight to England because we didn’t want to miss Mary Poppins. When we got back there, we found a couple of families also milling around but no one was sure exactly where the line should start. We hung in the shade a bit until someone came out and had us line up in the direct sunglight…. in Orlando… in August… at 1:30pm. It was so bad that all of the families were just sending a designated line holder while the rest took shelter in the shade or air-conditioned shops. Hubby took one for the team while I found a shady spot and the girls made friends with another girl around their age who was also waiting. Then, on top of it, she was twenty minutes late. That’s a lot of baking in the sun!

ai6MAKnl.jpg

Meeting complete, we continued out the IG and towards our hotel, until the girls saw the friendship boats. They insisted that we take the boat back to Boardwalk, despite the hotel’s proximity, so we obliged them. It was a ten-minute ride and I’m pretty sure walking would have been faster, but you can’t win them all. We quickly changed and made our way to the pool for games for the kids and relaxation for the parents.

loVaLo8l.jpg

We had some nice pool time before it had to close for thunder in the area, at which point we went back to the room to get showers and regroup.

I’m so happy for you that treatment is on track and going well and that your scans are looking so positive. I’m sure you can’t wait to be done with it all. Won’t be too much longer and then you’ll have your lovely trip to celebrate.
Hang in there :goodvibes

Your Epcot morning ran so smoothly and you got so much done thanks to all those hours spent planning. Boarding group 3 is a pretty amazing way to start the day. GOTG is fabulous! I love ask the character photos. Totally agree with you that Remy is cute but MMRR is so much better. Both MMRR and GOTG had us laughing our heads off. So much fun.

Glad to hear you got good news from your scans! Enjoyed the update. We feel the same about Garden Grill...a nice respite, decent food and characters that make their rounds.

Thank you for the update. I am glad things are looking clear.

Thanks! 12 more weeks and I can put it behind me.

Both MMRR and GOTG had us laughing our heads off. So much fun.

Agreed! They both are such fun, playful rides. Just the kind of energy I want in WDW.

Glad to hear you got good news from your scans! Enjoyed the update. We feel the same about Garden Grill...a nice respite, decent food and characters that make their rounds.

The set up at Garden Grill is really great for interacting with characters. With the tables facing out, you don't end up getting into another table's space or being in others' way while you have your visit time.

You describe everything so well, I feel like I know you 😉 (and before anyone thinks I’m being creepy, I actually do *know* her IRL).

LOL! You caught me. I feel like I've been exposed in a very real way. Don't go telling people about the depths of my Disney-dom...

Day 4: Team Kids (cont’d)

In the midst of showers, we also needed to figure out the plan for the evening. In my daily plans, I thought we might hop for evening AK time but we weren’t really feeling it. Instead, we decided to head to MK for the evening for a few rides and fireworks. We also needed dinner and I was able to snag a last minute Skipper Canteen ADR which sealed the deal. When the rain kicked over from downpouring to spitting, we made our way out to the bus.

When we loaded up at 5:00pm, the bus driver asked how the girls were doing. They all chimed, “Great!” enthusiastically and in unison, at which point he hopped up, started digging through a bin, and said that he had to break out the good stuff for that.

YydCytfl.jpg

Loaded up with all of the little trading card tchotchkes on offer, we were on our way back to Magic Kingdom. We got there just in time to catch the end of the Rainy Day Cavalcade.

1n3WPQcl.jpg

VfktBAhl.jpg

While I’m bummed that Merida is losing her spot at Magic Kingdom, I’m so glad they are bringing Mirabel to the parks! The girls were psyched to see her on the bus and would have loved to greet her in person. It would have been nice to find a fresh space for her and keep Merida, but so it goes… Meanwhile, we had an ADR to get to, so we obviously headed right that way…

W94KRqdl.jpg

Or, you now, played with hula hoops. The little extras always make my girls’ day. From there, we did check in to dinner and had a short wait before we were seated. Everyone was ravenous, so we split a few apps for the table, the kids each ordered a meal, and then the adults split an entrée. The kids weren’t into the appetizers but I thought they were great, so more for me! It ended up being just about the right amount of food, plus the girls were kind enough to share their desserts with their parents.

We went to the only logical ride after dinner, Jungle Cruise.

o5OBUFDl.jpg

The girls had watched The Jungle Book since our last visit and were firmly anti-snakes, even obviously fake, animatronic ones. So, they were not pleased with the number of snakes on this ride and I honestly don’t remember if we had a good skipper because I was too busy dealing with them registering complaints that they had not been properly warned.

We picked up a DAS for Space Mountain and enjoyed Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor while we waited for our return time. This is a can’t-miss attraction for our crew and the girls had a blast once again. Our ride through Space was fun but undocumented, as the screens showing photos were turned off at the exit. You’ll just have to trust me that we rode 😊.

We picked up our next return time and stayed right in the area to wait that one out.

ypHJMTJl.jpg

vDWral1l.jpg

Another ride, another opportunity for the girls to sit without us. At least they deigned to stay in the same car. And, once we were off, it was time to meet some princesses.

IxOIRT9l.jpg

gqtA2Twl.jpg

There were neither PP photographers nor functioning boxes, so we had to take our own pictures. We were out at 8:30pm, so it was definitely time to find a spot for the 9pm fireworks. We were able to squeeze in for a pretty good view at 8:35pm.

xhlVcGll.jpg

There’s no way we would have finagled that with strollers, as the area was packing in relatively quickly. I do NOT miss those days. C and A said they needed to use the bathroom, but B absolutely insisted she did not. Friends, if you have read any of my other TRs you know exactly where this story is headed. Three of use went down to use the bathrooms that are off to the side before you enter Tomorrowland. We returned to a much busier area only for B to say that she did, in fact, need to use the bathroom. Back out I went, pushing through much thicker crowds this time. I almost couldn’t find the rest of the family when we returned because there were just so many people, but we did shove in just in time to enjoy Enchantment.

I’m drawing a line in the sand right now, today, and I need you to hold me to it. If *anyone* says they have to use the bathroom before fireworks, EVERYONE has to go. Well, not everyone; Hubby can manage his own bladder. EVERY ONE OF MY OFFSPRING will be required to come no matter how much she insists she doesn’t need to. This ends here!

We opted to leave with the masses after fireworks as a) the park was super crowded, b) we had plenty of MK time ahead and c) we had a rode drop to get to in the morning. Having already showered, we only needed to change into our pajamas before we hit the hay.

While our day had a couple of rough notes (of all the characters, you’d think Mary Poppins would be punctual!), it was overall magical. We had tons of fun in Epcot and saw the MK fireworks, which took the pressure off of fitting that in later in the trip.

With two sit down meals, this was a high budget day for us, even without any extra snacks in the mix.

Food Budget:
Garden Grill: $276
Skipper Canteen: $137
Daily Total: $413
Rolling Total: $1028.65

Yessss if one uses the bathroom they both did.

I saw a thread on the Disney Families section about this. It turned into an argument about forcing kids and their bodily functions. I was surprised because I thought everyone did this (this was a rule growing up no matter where we went). :laughing: But I was wrong.

Yessss if one uses the bathroom they both did.

I saw a thread on the Disney Families section about this. It turned into an argument about forcing kids and their bodily functions. I was surprised because I thought everyone did this (this was a rule growing up no matter where we went). :laughing: But I was wrong.
My mom still forces this if we are with them and I’m in my 40’s 🤣 Dad is the only one exempt from the rule. We use it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter