Can we talk about grocery prices? Who wants to guess $

In our area , Wegmans has the best selection and quality of non organic produce. I've tried other stores and their produce seems to go bad quicker. I go their just for their produce most of the time.

Bet you didn't anticipate that this might have been better suited to the controversial board.
Some people look for fights everywhere and, low and behold, they find them... :cool1: tis a mystery

Do they have steel cage matches over there ?

In our area , Wegmans has the best selection and quality of non organic produce. I've tried other stores and their produce seems to go bad quicker. I go their just for their produce most of the time.
They are big on keeping produce at its peak, maybe it gets moved to the other stores?

I have to join the Wegman's overall complaint. They are crazy overpriced for what you get. I understand on the organic approach, but you will pay a premium right wrong or indifferent.

I will still stick to Walmart with a few stops at Kroger and Food Lion. My sis and I joke that charcuterie at Publix is a gourmet meat, cheese, and fruit tray. Food Lion is plastic seal Hormel. 😅

I have to join the Wegman's overall complaint. They are crazy overpriced for what you get. I understand on the organic approach, but you will pay a premium right wrong or indifferent.

I will still stick to Walmart with a few stops at Kroger and Food Lion. My sis and I joke that charcuterie at Publix is a gourmet meat, cheese, and fruit tray. Food Lion is plastic seal Hormel. 😅
Charcuterie at Publix $100 but you get to keep the cheap $10 wooden tray they throw in.
Charcuterie at Aldi. $15 and it gets served on my own themed paper platter from the dollar store.

Just got back from Wegmans, the details of my mini cart of ingredients with only one premade thing:
fresh honeydew
fresh pineapple
small mushrooms
portabella mushrooms
about 12 bananas for home made smoothies
a whole roast chicken
pack of 4 steaks
large package of raw chicken thighs
large package of chicken breast
bag of raw frozen shrimp
organic milk
organic half and half
package of 18 eggs
2 packages of cooked plantains with one for lunch and one for dinner
2 boxes of those Kleenex pop up hand towels because they are more hygienic
1 box snack size baggies and 3 bags because I'm paying for those now

Hint, I have had car payments that match
It’s been well known that since 2021 or so the prices of food has gone way up along with most things due to high inflation and some other things. Nothing new.

Organic didn't stop me from getting cancer

Shaved 24 month Parmigiano Reggiano with N.Y. Style Cheesecake is awesome!!!
No, sadly cancer existed long before this junk - defective cells were always a thing but our bodies are built to kill defective cells every day. I'm open about being BRCA2 so odds are not in my favor, still, I am pretty sure chemicals are not gonna offer an assist to the immune cell goalies so I'm out here doing what I can.

The scary part is immune defects are rising, autoimmune is on the uptick, all sorts of atypical neurological defects are on the uptick and cancer is purportedly on the rise in every group especially young adults. Something is tipping the scales against human bodies and the one thing all Americans have in common is our food source, gotta watch our 6 on that because the businesses are only interested in increasing yield, not nutrition & not safety.

Ummm, shaved parm on Cheesecake... are you for real because I love both separately not sure together works. DH freaked me out insisting olive oil on ice cream was yummy after a trip back from Europe - it was not:crazy2:

I love Wegmans. My purse does not.

However, I would pay whatever they are asking for their in house scallion cream cheese. So good!
Really? Gonna try that next time, I love their dill dip with veggies, it isn't anywhere near as salty as most dips so I can have a little and not feel icky. We used to love their Baba ghanoush but they switched who makes it and now no moe subtle eggplant taste, just another vat of goo to me now - bleh

BTW, their regular on the shelf bagels to go with your scallion cream cheese are really good.

We spent over $100 at Shop Rite yesterday ( the receipt said we saved $40 with specials and coupons) and have an order we‘ll buy at WalMart tomorrow that should come in around $50. We are two adults and an adult senior dog. I do make from scratch 1/2 of what the dog eats. He needs a prescription dog food. The balance of fresh and the prescription has worked for him.

Food is expensive! No doubt about it.

Love Shoprite, they are pretty much the cheapest

No, sadly cancer existed long before this junk - defective cells were always a thing but our bodies are built to kill defective cells every day. I'm open about being BRCA2 so odds are not in my favor, still, I am pretty sure chemicals are not gonna offer an assist to the immune cell goalies so I'm out here doing what I can.

The scary part is immune defects are rising, autoimmune is on the uptick, all sorts of atypical neurological defects are on the uptick and cancer is purportedly on the rise in every group especially young adults. Something is tipping the scales against human bodies and the one thing all Americans have in common is our food source, gotta watch our 6 on that because the businesses are only interested in increasing yield, not nutrition & not safety.

Ummm, shaved parm on Cheesecake... are you for real because I love both separately not sure together works. DH freaked me out insisting olive oil on ice cream was yummy after a trip back from Europe - it was not:crazy2:
r.e. bold :(

Rarely mentioned regarding men like me with Prostate Cancer (PCa) is that *For men with BRCA1/2 mutations, the risk is much higher — ranging from 25-50 percent — and if prostate cancer does develop, it may be more aggressive. The average prostate cancer patient is in his mid-60s when he's diagnosed, but particularly men with BRCA2 mutations may be diagnosed at a younger age.*

My PCa is the most aggressive being GLEASON 10 and my sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer but I have not yet had the testing even though the kit is sitting on my counter. In 2015 I chose to be the FIRST to receive an Experimental Triplet Immunotherapy Injection that is yet to receive FDA Approval because no trials are taking place; however, the FDA has given approval for the combo of Opdivo + Yervoy (yes Breast Cancer is included) as has been seen in the TV commercials.

As for Parm. Reg. with N.Y. Cheesecake, it is a contrasting texture/taste that really does work. Same with Spicy Brown Mustard and green veggies. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As for Parm. Reg. with N.Y. Cheesecake, it is a contrasting texture/taste that really does work. Same with Spicy Brown Mustard and green veggies. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

add watermelon with feta cheese to this category of combos 😍

I miss SuperFresh. They always had great fresh produce at great prices. I used to walk my granny cart over two sets of railroad tracks to get to the one closest to my house.

In the interest of raising awareness because this is they best they have for us folks.

r.e. bold :(

Rarely mentioned regarding men like me with Prostate Cancer (PCa) is that *For men with BRCA1/2 mutations, the risk is much higher — ranging from 25-50 percent — and if prostate cancer does develop, it may be more aggressive. The average prostate cancer patient is in his mid-60s when he's diagnosed, but particularly men with BRCA2 mutations may be diagnosed at a younger age.*

My PCa is the most aggressive being GLEASON 10 and my sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer but I have not yet had the testing even though the kit is sitting on my counter. In 2015 I chose to be the FIRST to receive an Experimental Triplet Immunotherapy Injection that is yet to receive FDA Approval because no trials are taking place; however, the FDA has given approval for the combo of Opdivo + Yervoy (yes Breast Cancer is included) as has been seen in the TV commercials.

My cousin literally saved my life by being tested at Johns Hopkins when he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Our mothers were sisters and both had breast cancer. He was super concerned when he handed the records to me, hoping I would be be ok and also able to help his son. I had mine done in an offhand way, I didn't even absorb the positive because I always assumed it was positive with the number of relatives who had it so I felt no angst it felt business as usual. Stuff got real fast when I was talking to the Gyn Cancer Dr, seems there is what I call "Family Math" that evaluates statistics and BRCA2 is for quite a few cancers. Found out my chances were 65% for Ovarian and would climb as I aged, made him say it 3 times than another apt with family because ovarian cancer is fairly rare and I thought I wasn't hearing him right. Dr said it was a non rush to get them out in 2 months ( shock rush to me) & guess what, there was a clump of abnormal cells in one of my ovaries, not cancer but I'll be damned if it wasn't on it's way. I'm having my Pancreas watched too, there is some weird stomach stuff as well and who knows what else is linked really.

Only reason to not do testing is for life insurance because you probably can't get it if you are positive so line it up first. This is why I was waiting but when I was dragging my feet my Immunologist put it best by saying, "Look, the cats already out of the bag in your records." Sometimes I hate knowing but then I think about my ovaries and realize I might not be here if I didn't. You are already a survivor, knowing BRCA status won't make life harder but you could save a blood relative's life like my dear cousin did, God rest his soul. Just a thought

This stuff is very closely held but I told them to open mine even after I am gone to any family members further out in relation, thinking on it I need to make sure that directive actually was attached to my records.

Also, mustard on green veggies is just a step too far. Like I'll give it a go but very skeptical on the outcome:magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter