Can we talk about kid's Christmas stuff?

When my DD's were around this age, one Christmas they asked for sleeping bags ( adult size) for slumber parties/ girl scouts/ church lock in's/ youth church camp and regular camp/ and so forth. So we decided on solid color ( went got some really nice ones... water proof, really insulated and good padding and washable, at Bass Pro shop on Black Friday) and I made a sheet and matching pillow case of what was "cool" right then, I had to make these several times as their 'favs" changed. along with it some PJ and slippers, making sure that they were hard bottom for camping. We had them forever, and they were a bit faded and well loved, but still in good condition we ended up donating them to a local homeless shelter.

What about some Aly Raisman socks?!

I know a lot of girls that age like Justice and they also have some gymnastics themed stuff so maybe some things from there or a voucher?

I second all the options on the room redo. when I was about 9 or 10 my mom did that for me it was awesome it went from pink to lots of neon colors she got a whole matching set at walmart with the bedding and wall décor it was great. maybe a gift card for a linens place or target so she can pick out her new décor?

When my kids were little I used to start shopping when they went back to school, this thread makes me miss those days :sad1:
My youngest ds wants a pair of Jordan's, an NBA jersey and Beats. I would love to get tickets to a Knicks game but they are so expensive. I would have to make sure it was when they played his favorite team, and would then need to cut the Jordan's and Beats from the list. It would be a great surprise though.
My other ds will get an iphone this year for sure. I'm sure there will be a couple PS4 or PC games he'll want too.
My dd will get some high end make-up and cash.

I really do miss when they were young.

My son is 16 and has mentioned an authentic lebron jersey. That's it so far. He wants to see lebron so bad. We're in south jersey and the sixers suck so I'm afraid if I buy those tickets they'll rest lebron. I'm thinking of getting Knicks cavs tix but they're at $200 each . He hasn't asked for this but I still try to surprise him with something and he will freak out.

My daughter is 10 and doesn't start a list until November and I'm ok with that. That's he norm in my house. I don't shop year round and I don't buy things just Bc they're cheap. I would rather get them what they want.

I do miss getting all the cute stuff. Now it's big ticket items and the tree looks sad.

For those of you interested in Sharpies, OfficeDepot has 12 packs on sale in store for $3 this week with a minimum $5 purchase. I got DD16 both the fine tip and ultra fine tip sets for $6.

(If there aren't any on the shelves, be sure to ask someone to check stock for you - the store I went to had a bunch in boxes at the top of the shelves, someone just had to dig them out for me.)

Last edited:
My son is 16 and has mentioned an authentic lebron jersey. That's it so far. He wants to see lebron so bad. We're in south jersey and the sixers suck so I'm afraid if I buy those tickets they'll rest lebron. I'm thinking of getting Knicks cavs tix but they're at $200 each . He hasn't asked for this but I still try to surprise him with something and he will freak out.

My daughter is 10 and doesn't start a list until November and I'm ok with that. That's he norm in my house. I don't shop year round and I don't buy things just Bc they're cheap. I would rather get them what they want.

I do miss getting all the cute stuff. Now it's big ticket items and the tree looks sad.

Its crazy how expensive the tickets can be, and its not like you can only get one, I'd end up with 4 because my other ds would probably want to go. I was just checking and I can get away with $125 per ticket, not too bad but more than I want to spend when there are other pricey things on the list.

OMG, I just looked up 76ers tickets (ds likes Ben Simmons) for when they play the Spurs, they are as low as $10 :faint:
Philly is 3 hours away and its a school night, plus its in Feb so who knows what the weather would be like, but at that price its pretty tempting.
Might check Celtics too, that way I could combine gifts with my Dad who is a fan

I have a 10 year old DS who gave me his list today of ideas: Playstation, and iPod touch. Yeah me!

I just wanted to update everyone on what she decided. I casually mentioned redoing her room and she jumped on it. I asked if it needed to be a surprise or if she would like to pick it out. She told me she would rather choose than it not be what she wants.

She chose a coral solid quilt that has a slight pink hue, with white Pom Pom trim. The walls are changing to white and she is going to paint a luan board for her art and hang it behind her bed. I am making her white chenille pillows to go with her coral shams. I am also making her two huge floor pillows out of bath mats. They are super plush loopy things. I am making her curtains out of white fabric with textured circles on it with a coral ribbon accent, and Pom poms that match the quilt. I am going to make a wooden window topper thing too and paint it coral. I also got two turquoise pillows for her bed.

I am surprised she wanted white walls but with that board and her gym medals, she will have quite a bit of stuff on the walls for extra color.

So all I need is paint, stuffing, two bed pillows, wood, and fabric to recover her chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter