Can we talk COVID symptoms?

happily single

Left foot first!
For those that have had COVID can you share your symptoms?
I am going for pre-hospital admission COVID testing tomorrow, but over the past two days I've noticed a decrease in my ability to taste/smell. I'm wondering if anyone with COVID has a decrease in taste/smell? I have no other symptoms, and I'm not sure if a DECREASE is a symptom. I can still smell and taste, but everything tastes "off"

And how about fevers? I work in a close contact business where we take each client's temp before admitting them into the studio. We have had 3 clients contact us days after their session to advise they have tested postive. I'm just wondering how accurate temp taking really is.

Thanks

For those that have had COVID can you share your symptoms?
I am going for pre-hospital admission COVID testing tomorrow, but over the past two days I've noticed a decrease in my ability to taste/smell. I'm wondering if anyone with COVID has a decrease in taste/smell? I have no other symptoms, and I'm not sure if a DECREASE is a symptom. I can still smell and taste, but everything tastes "off"

And how about fevers? I work in a close contact business where we take each client's temp before admitting them into the studio. We have had 3 clients contact us days after their session to advise they have tested postive. I'm just wondering how accurate temp taking really is.

Thanks
Loss of taste/smell is a symptom that is common and reported everywhere. Get tested.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dec...0j0i22i30l7.5259j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My provider has said, when in doubt, come in and get tested.

Having said that, any change (lessening) in taste/smell has been a BIG indicator ever since the beginning.

Fever seems to be really hit or miss, I have had four family members all test positive who never had a fever (all had what I would call "cold symptoms": cough, runny nose, headache, etc) Spouse of one went in to be tested just because of close contact, and was positive despite being asymptomatic.

Regarding the temp, you can have COVID and never get a temp. One of my employees did not isolate after coming into contact with someone with COVID (41 year old who died) and developing cold/flu symptoms. She thought you always developed a fever with COVID, which is not true. She finally got tested when she lost her taste/smell after being sick for a week.

Ds22 was just diagnosed, he just feels achy and tired so far. Dd10 had a headache, was stuffed up, very tired, lost smell/taste. Dd17 had zero symptoms. I have friends who had fevers, bad coughs, aches, exhaustion and really struggled.

My coworker and her entire family had COVID. Of the 5 of them, not ONE of them ever got a fever. They all lost some degree of taste and smell for different lengths of time. They also had other symptoms: congestion, cough, body aches, and fatigue.

I have not had Covid.

"Loss" does not necessarily mean completely gone so decrease would be the same thing and yes its a very common symptom.

I personally don't think the forehead temp checks are very accurate.
Sorry but there's no way I'm 94.6*....
Exactly. I also have my temp taken daily and it’s always 94.6. No way it’s accurate

I have not had Covid.

"Loss" does not necessarily mean completely gone so decrease would be the same thing and yes its a very common symptom.

I personally don't think the forehead temp checks are very accurate.
Sorry but there's no way I'm 94.6*....

Armpit (axillary) and forehead (temporal) temp checks are the least accurate. Rectal being the most accurate. Oral and ear are the best for the average user. Just know that armpit and forehead measurements can be up to almost 2.5 degrees F lower than oral and ear measurements.

Knowing these differences, it’s important that the devices you use to take temperature are precise (consistent).

Our son started gradually losing taste and smell on Thursday. By Saturday it was completely gone. That's when he got a test-positive.

A headache and fatigue were his only other symptoms.

He was fortunate that with 2 prescriptions and recommended supplements, he felt fine after a week and his smell and taste came back gradually and were completely back at day 10.

Our son was funny. He sprayed everything and opened every container with a smell. Smelled nothing. I said it's a good thing he was home alone, I'm sure his apartment reeked!

Temp check is useless. A decreased sense of taste or smell is a bigger indicator of COVID then pretty much any other symptom.

Is loss of taste and smell probably a more indicative symptom for a diagnosis? Likely, but the majority of positive patients do not experience this symptom. Temp check is still the best for quick disease surveillance.

Here is a breakdown of the more common symptoms from reporting patients at a large medical group in CA:

I never had a fever.
My worst symptom was body aches, so achy I could not get comfortable enough to sleep. I also experienced headaches, cough, malaise and loss of taste and smell.

I think checking for a fever just makes people feel better, like they are doing something. You can be contagious with covid without having a fever.

My dad caught covid from a coworker, who had no fever the day they worked together. He had no idea he had it, so passed it on to my mom. He had no fever for several days after being infected.

Both my parents eventually had a fever, but they did not have one while they were first contagious.

Both lost the sense of taste and smell. Lost both before other symptoms started.

My youngest daughter had it. Her normal temp with the forehead scan is normally in the upper 96’s, low 97’s. While she had COVID she was in the low 99’s, but not technically a fever. Her major symptoms were headache, loss of appetite, fatigue, the elevated temp and for a couple of days (around days 3-4) diminished sense of smell. Her symptoms only lasted a few days. No cough, no sore throat, no issues with breathing. She is only 14.

I lost my sense of taste and smell completely, and it lingered for weeks after I began to feel better. I coughed. I had a high fever myself, but I know people who've had Covid who never had a fever. Muscle aches. My biggest symptom was weakness and exhaustion. I still get periods of weakness, but since I started forcing myself to walk every day, even if it's just up and down the stairs it's slowly getting better.

I had no fever and never lost my sense of taste or smell. I had a severe case.
I had the dry cough first. Next I got the headache, stuffy nose, fatigue, one night of teeth chattering chills, lack of appetite, eventually low oxygen level indicating that it went into pneumonia. Also diarrhea. A little of everything.

several people I know thought they had a sinus infection at the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter