Can we talk dessert party?

I just do not understand why people cannot sit if they want to, this seems silly. More people can see this way. And if the issue is there to many people, then they need to have less people in the first place cause no one paid 100 bucks to be that crowded.

I wonder if it's a safety issue thing. Like if there was some sort of emergency (especially with all the pyrotechnics) and they needed to clear the park out people sitting in the grass in the dark could potentially get stampeded on. Plus having people already standing would make it easier to clear the area out. But maybe it's just a space issue.

i did the dessert party for enchantment at mk a few day ago, pre party. i had a negative experience. we were in the garden area, not terrace seating. i am short, 5"1. I had a large speaker obstruction right dab in the middle of my vision of the fireworks to the right of the castle. i couldn't move my standing area view because it was so packed in the garden area itself. people staked out their garden spot 45 minutes before it began, so they must've been post party people while pre party people like me were leisurely eating desserts thinking there wouldn't be issues. there were verbal fights in the garden between guests over various issues (2 arguments that i saw myself). i did this party pre covid and it was much more crowded and not worth the costs at all.
That was our experience in 2019. The garden was pretty full when we went over, but we managed to find a decent spot (slight obstruction by a tree) but just as the show started a family shoved in front of us and my son could barely see. That was after we both found the desserts to be mediocre. Was really disappointing.

Also what I remember for the garden dessert party for HEA. I saw it twice, first just finding a good spot maybe 1h in advance, and second with the dessert party (which I'd booked to guarantee a good view). I felt like I actually got a better view with a spot I selected myself, which was closer, aligned more to the centre, and had no obstructions from lights and signs, unlike my position in the garden. The desserts themselves were... fine, but nowhere near good value for the price. I wouldn't pay for it again unless it were something like a third or a quarter of the price they ask.

Also agree about the quality of the desserts. Nothing better than you'd find at a garden variety corporate event. Honestly - the most disappointing extra I've done.

Contemplating the after party for our Jan trip. Can we pickup our bands at the Terrace at 7:30 then head over to the garden? We'll happily stand in the back.

How hard is it to get back to the Terrace after the fireworks? Seems like it would be tough as the masses head out.

We'll be hopping from AK or maybe Epcot. Any concerns about this?

This morning I was able to book the pre-party on 12-25, time shows at 6:30 (since fireworks are at 8). We have dinner reservations at The Plaza Restaurant at 4:50, planning to skip dessert obviously. Is this enough time to eat and get to the pre-party? I've never been to either. I know they are right near each other.
Thanks in advance.

Quick question: at what time would you check in for the after party? The reservation says 7pm but I was wondering if we should check in a bit earlier? Tia :)

Contemplating the after party for our Jan trip. Can we pickup our bands at the Terrace at 7:30 then head over to the garden? We'll happily stand in the back.

How hard is it to get back to the Terrace after the fireworks? Seems like it would be tough as the masses head out.

We'll be hopping from AK or maybe Epcot. Any concerns about this?

Did the after party on 10/27. You can actually check in and get your band beginning at 6:00 and head to the garden immediately. I actually prefer the back fence since I can lean on it and people in front typically stand forward enough that they don't obstruct my view.

I checked in about 6:15 and there was no line for check in. I headed straight to the garden since I didn't have anything else planned and there were maybe five other groups in there. I had my choice of back fence real estate and picked a spot close to the far left corner, centering the castle.

By 7:00, some of the before party guests were coming in and the back rail around me was full by about 7:20 when they lit up the castle for the beacons of magic.

Maybe it's because I was toward the left side of the garden, but it never really got overly crowded where I was standing. The groups in front of us were at least 10 to 15 feet away and there was plenty of shoulder room.

Did the after party on 10/27. You can actually check in and get your band beginning at 6:00 and head to the garden immediately. I actually prefer the back fence since I can lean on it and people in front typically stand forward enough that they don't obstruct my view.

I checked in about 6:15 and there was no line for check in. I headed straight to the garden since I didn't have anything else planned and there were maybe five other groups in there. I had my choice of back fence real estate and picked a spot close to the far left corner, centering the castle.

By 7:00, some of the before party guests were coming in and the back rail around me was full by about 7:20 when they lit up the castle for the beacons of magic.

Maybe it's because I was toward the left side of the garden, but it never really got overly crowded where I was standing. The groups in front of us were at least 10 to 15 feet away and there was plenty of shoulder room.
Thanks for the detailed review :flower3:That is very helpful!

Has anyone done the Celebration at the Top fireworks dessert party at The Contemporary yet? We have that booked, but I am hoping they did not downgrade the food and drinks for that party too. The food sounds good.

Did the dessert after party on 11/3 (deluxe resort extra magic hours night). It was just as crowded as the hub area right before it (no place for kids to runaround). There were walkways for wheelchairs. No space near the fence either. A little bit of space near the entrance which was obscured by trees/shrubs (no castle view from there). We came in late (20 mins before fireworks; people kept coming in after us) and people were irritated as we had a stroller and went as far in as we could; but there was no place to go. If you spent the same time lining up you would have a better view (vs obstructed by shrubs). The crowd was also not a happy/positive bunch and everyone seemed a bit disappointed. You did have to get up once fireworks started and stay away from the fence for wheelchairs until a few minutes before fireworks began.

We had a sleeping baby in a stroller and the young CM (at the after party check in) pretended not to understand us even when we showed her and made us take her out. They were fake nice and told us they would take our stroller and park it for us (screamed it loudly and it startled our daughter-she slept through fireworks). The desserts were subpar and just not worth it. We did get an allergy free tray with gummies, fruit, sorbet and allergy friendly banana bread. There was a berry pie, cheese, fruit, sorbet plate for a diabetic. There was a birthday celebration at a different table and everyone joined in singing happy birthday.

Overall, I would definitely NOT recommend on a deluxe after hours night.

Last edited:
Also, the checkin for the party was really long post fireworks and we waited for the sea of the hub folk to clear before we attempted to cross. Depending on how fast you queue up to eat and the time it takes to eat desserts, there may not be any time left for rides. Since we had food allergies in our party, it took longer for us to get the desserts vs someone without.

After the desserts my DD and I sprinted/speed walked to Splash (had a LL genie+) in 4 mins and clocked in at 8:59 (just seconds before it turned 9). We had awesome boatmates and we all laughed/screamed throughout the ride. That was the best end to the evening.

We did the pre-party on the 4th. As others have said, the dessert offerings were average. My crew all found a few things they they liked so no real complaints. They had the open bar set up just at the beginning of the dessert line and you could get whatever you wanted there with essentially no wait. Wife and I had several glasses of Champagne so no complaints there!

We ended up making our way out to the garden a little later than most - probably about 25-30 min before the show started. Went to the back of the garden area where there was plenty of room - not crowded at all. Also great view, even from the back. Kids were able to see everything.

When it was over, the crowd moved surprisingly fast and we made it back to the monorail in about 20 min.

I would probably do it again. The view of the fireworks was fantastic and the desserts/champagne were nice enough to make it worthwhile IMO.

We need to switch party nights from an 11/24 after party to the 11/23 pre party due to an impromptu family get together arranged by my inlaws with my husband’s visiting aunt/uncle on 11/24... 😔 it will be nice to spend another night with them since we never see them but wish they asked us our plans first...

What’s the likelihood of 4 tickets opening up for a party like that Thanksgiving week?!?! I paid to set an alert on one of those sites but nothing so far and it’s been almost two weeks.

We need to switch party nights from an 11/24 after party to the 11/23 pre party due to an impromptu family get together arranged by my inlaws with my husband’s visiting aunt/uncle on 11/24... 😔 it will be nice to spend another night with them since we never see them but wish they asked us our plans first...

What’s the likelihood of 4 tickets opening up for a party like that Thanksgiving week?!?! I paid to set an alert on one of those sites but nothing so far and it’s been almost two weeks.
I booked my after party less than 3 weeks before (cancelled my original booking for a pre party as it conflicted with dinner ADR but was able to move BOG to 6:15; they didn’t seat us until 6:40 pm (gave us 10% off for that), so book dinner at least 3 hrs before). Booking was a nightmare and it took 25 mins as the screen froze (select party screen) when I clicked on it; if that happens, keep refreshing and going back the screen that froze. It holds the reservation for you. It finally let go in safari (iPad; I have credit card info saved on iPad) and I was able to see it on my phone (in the app) where it sometimes shows my saved credit card info (quicker to book). I kept getting logged out and had to paste a code from my email about 4 times.

I would say the ADR finders have a lag and I could never get anything unless I was already looking and the week I went was lower crowds supposedly. Keep checking during typical lunch times (CST, EST), after work, definitely delegate on weekends and before going to bed.

With in-laws it might be worth it to just stake a spot on Main Street while the rest of your party gets spring rolls (spring rolls, s’mores, toffee pudding, cupcake station are no longer offered at the dessert party), desserts, alcohol etc. I feel we didn’t get the full Main Street experience (only affects the frozen/villains section). The crowds on main street are worse than the dessert party. I hope they add LLIA$ purchase for $15-20 at the end of Main Street like fast pass+. That would be a great view.

view with Main Street projections

view without (similar to dessert party)

https://blogmickey.com/disney-enchantment-magic-kingdom-dessert-party-review/
We didn’t have the space inbetween that you see in this picture, so if it’s a deluxe extended evening hours night expect it to be more crowded than this.

Last edited:
so not worth it. How many sweets can you eat??
If you could drink alcohol or can’t line up an hour and half before fireworks or need to have seats (treats and seats party), it could be worth it. Just lower your expectations if you’ve been in the past.

The CMs we spoke to said they don’t even eat the leftovers as it’s all unhealthy and too sweet. I cringed at the butterscotch push pop (sweet as if you ate just the burned sugar off of a creme brûlé). The chocolate covered strawberries were good. The cheese was not fresh either (you can’t eat more than a few pieces). We saw many teens running back and forth to the buffet, but adults drank alcohol or sat and chatted.

We didn’t go for the desserts and had a great steak dinner beforehand. During holiday season it might be worth it for the view alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter