Can we talk dessert party?

I was planning on doing the back rail thing based on earlier recommendations here. What do folks recommend currently? I don’t have little kids, my girls are 13 and 17 and probably about 5” to 5’2”.

About how much time before fireworks should I be walking into garden?

I actually checked midnight and didn't see anything available for May15. We are going in less than 2 weeks and so Disney just added extra hours Friday and will add more MK dining today (not dessert parties because hour changes don't impact fireworks shows).
I do not believe there are fireworks on May 15 as Magic Kingdom closes at 4:30 that day (I think someone said for a cast member appreciation party).

For anyone with allergies, here is the dairy free allergy plate (includes Erin McKenna’s mini brownie cupcakes-also available at AOA QS and Mara) (no crepes on this day):

Reporting back on our After Dessert party on 3/31. We checked in 15-20 mins before the fireworks and took our double stroller into the viewing area (they were all parked along the fence near the entrance and back fence). There was a lot of space on this day. You don’t need to be up close to the fence for a good view (mid to back is better imho).

676875D8-D8E9-4323-B922-69B86688D3FF.jpeg
5ED85420-FDBA-4165-9D99-5209D936F1E5.jpeg
And yes there were fresh crepes with glazed walnuts (tasted great)

999B0A2B-4F0E-4B8D-96C8-E44DFD0085BC.jpeg

Fireworks also improved with many lazer projections throughout the show (multicolored).
1D4A2244-C81C-40B6-B110-4DE7E22D5049.jpeg0E9AC262-C5C7-4A76-87CD-D9CF10961F5D.jpeg
After the party, the crowds were crazy. We waited about 5-7 minutes for the crowds to clear and then made our way to Tomorrowland and rode the People mover (buzz went down but would have been a walk on) before heading to the dessert party (at 9:50 pm).

Everything was being replenished except the chocolate covered strawberries (I asked for them and was given the last 4 from the back). I also had to ask someone for ingredients and they went back and checked with the chef (the chocolate mousse and another chocolate dessert was not safe for nut allergies-has hazelnuts?, but the cookies and cream, the push pops, tres leche was.). Our son who has milk/egg allergies (among others) received the allergy friendly plate which he didn’t eat much (bite of the cupcake).

Note: Strollers are not allowed in the buffet area unless they have a wheelchair tag (used for a disability).
61B33CD6-7E00-4360-8876-583B84F9B351.jpeg

Last edited:
Reporting back on our After Dessert party on 3/31. We checked in 15-20 mins before the fireworks and took our double stroller into the viewing area (they were all parked along the fence near the entrance and back fence). There was a lot of space on this day. You don’t need to be up close to the fence for a good view (mid to back is better imho).

View attachment 661668
View attachment 661669
And yes there were fresh crepes with glazed walnuts (tasted great)

View attachment 661671

Fireworks also improved with many lazer projections throughout the show (multicolored).
View attachment 661675View attachment 661676
After the party, the crowds were crazy. We waited about 5-7 minutes for the crowds to clear and then made our way to Tomorrowland and rode the People mover (buzz went down but would have been a walk on) before heading to the dessert party (at 9:50 pm).

Everything was being replenished except the chocolate covered strawberries (I asked for them and was given the last 4 from the back). I also had to ask someone for ingredients and they went back and checked with the chef (the chocolate mousse and another chocolate dessert was not safe for nut allergies-has hazelnuts?, but the cookies and cream, the push pops, tres leche was.). Our son who has milk/egg allergies (among others) received the allergy friendly plate which he didn’t eat much (bite of the cupcake).

Note: Strollers are not allowed in the buffet area unless they have a wheelchair tag (used for a disability).
View attachment 661680
Thanks for this! We are doing the after party as well so it’s good to know that we don’t need to sign in right away! Looks like a good view

Thanks for this! We are doing the after party as well so it’s good to know that we don’t need to sign in right away! Looks like a good view
If you wanted to see the Main Street projections, you could move to the end (until the lampposts in the picture; screenshot from a video) but then there was a big tree blocking the castle projections. The view from the middle was really good. This is 8 mins before fireworks.

0E9A5E7C-0118-4591-AB46-23465814B321.jpeg

Last edited:

Went to the party (pre-party) on 4/20. Very busy week being week after Easter.

Got to the party around 7:50, and even though most people were there already they sat us and we were able to get desserts pretty quickly. Around 8:20 we headed out to the plaza. It was crowded, but we followed the ‘back railing’ strategy and that worked out great as people do move forward and it gives you breathing room if you stay to the back.

View was great.

I just booked treats and seats for July 3rd. I was hoping it would be for the 4th of July fireworks, since traditionally those have been shown on the 3rd and 4th in the MK. Does anyone know how the dessert parties worked for July 3rd in the past? The name of the party has Enchantment in it, but I was hoping it would still be for the special fireworks on the 3rd. Or have they shown both on July 3rd in the past? Do you think the dessert party I booked will end up being one for the special 4th of July fireworks, or will that be something separate the announce later, or what?

I just booked treats and seats for July 3rd. I was hoping it would be for the 4th of July fireworks, since traditionally those have been shown on the 3rd and 4th in the MK. Does anyone know how the dessert parties worked for July 3rd in the past? The name of the party has Enchantment in it, but I was hoping it would still be for the special fireworks on the 3rd. Or have they shown both on July 3rd in the past? Do you think the dessert party I booked will end up being one for the special 4th of July fireworks, or will that be something separate the announce later, or what?

I'm not showing it's open to book in July for any of the dessert parties. Am I missing something here?

This might help:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/july-4th-dessert-party-projections-question.3880406/

It looks like they already released the 4th July dates today

Last edited:
I'm not showing it's open to book in July for any of the dessert parties. Am I missing something here?
It’s in my 60+10, we check in on June 25th. The July 3-4 dessert parties weren’t yet bookable on my day 60, they just turned blue this morning. All 3 Pattie’s have availability both days as of now.

This might help:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/july-4th-dessert-party-projections-question.3880406/

It looks like they already released the 4th July dates today
They released up to June 30 on my day 60, which was April 26th. Then on April 27th they added through July 2nd, and this am July 3-5th became blue for me and I was able to book! I’m so happy to get July 3rd; we want to do Mk on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th (like everyone else lol), I’m just looking for confirmation that the party I just booked will end up hopefully being for the 4th of July fireworks that are traditionally shown at the MK in July 3rd and 4th.

They released up to June 30 on my day 60, which was April 26th. Then on April 27th they added through July 2nd, and this am July 3-5th became blue for me and I was able to book! I’m so happy to get July 3rd; we want to do Mk on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th (like everyone else lol), I’m just looking for confirmation that the party I just booked will end up hopefully being for the 4th of July fireworks that are traditionally shown at the MK in July 3rd and 4th.
I’m trying to remember in the before times, I don’t recall reservations being restricted by check in dates- in fact sometimes they weren’t even released until just a few weeks before we’d arrive. I assume that’s changed now. Thanks! At least I can know when to expect to book rather than stalking!

I’m trying to remember in the before times, I don’t recall reservations being restricted by check in dates- in fact sometimes they weren’t even released until just a few weeks before we’d arrive. I assume that’s changed now. Thanks! At least I can know when to expect to book rather than stalking!
I was wondering if the fact that it is around a big fireworks holiday might have changed things? Although back in Feb they also didn’t release the dessert parties on my day 60, and that time I wasn’t able to stalk (we were on another vacation just before Christmas) so I missed them. I did eventually pick up my second choice day using mouse watcher for the treats and seats, so it ended up working out anyway. The dessert parties don’t seem to be as predictable as regular ADRs 🤷‍♀️.

I was wondering if the fact that it is around a big fireworks holiday might have changed things? Although back in Feb they also didn’t release the dessert parties on my day 60, and that time I wasn’t able to stalk (we were on another vacation just before Christmas) so I missed them. I did eventually pick up my second choice day using mouse watcher for the treats and seats, so it ended up working out anyway. The dessert parties don’t seem to be as predictable as regular ADRs 🤷‍♀️.
They never were as far as I remember. There were trips when we had to select all our FP+'s and other dining reservations without knowing when the dessert party was, then having to rearrange everything when they finally released them, sometimes just a couple of weeks before we arrived.

They never were as far as I remember. There were trips when we had to select all our FP+'s and other dining reservations without knowing when the dessert party was, then having to rearrange everything when they finally released them, sometimes just a couple of weeks before we arrived.
I believe you’re referring to the additional hours and ADRs that get released 2 weeks before; helps mitigate ADR hoarding by booking agents; Dessert parties had no additional releases

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-park-hours-and-new-adrs.3831833/

I believe you’re referring to the additional hours and ADRs that get released 2 weeks before; helps mitigate ADR hoarding by booking agents; Dessert parties had no additional releases

I think they actually mean that dessert parties weren’t traditionally released at the same time as other ADRs, which was 180 days, they often seemed to be released randomly and/or later than everything else. So you had to plan as if they would release them and you would get one, or make it fit in after all of your other plans were made.

No I mean that dessert parties were treated differently and did not release in any pattern like ADR's do. And yes, once released that's all that was ever available. Since they weren't refundable, you didn't even see cancellations.

No I mean that dessert parties were treated differently and did not release in any pattern like ADR's do. And yes, once released that's all that was ever available. Since they weren't refundable, you didn't even see cancellations.
They are refundable, I made changes to our trip in February and ended up cancelling the after party one night to make the seats and treats a different night. However, I had forgotten how late they had been released in the past, when regular ADRs were all the way at 180 days and dessert parties were who knows when. Now they are much closer with ADRs at “only” 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter