"Can We Un-Birthday Yet?" A He, SMEE, & They Sept. 2020 Trip Report *Update 11/21 COMPLETE!*

Would really like to know what you ordered at Narcosse and did you enjoy it. Wanted to have dinner there during our March stay. Love your trip reports

but Friday to the party he wore his costume:
:scared:
I don't mind not going to MK first but I do prefer to end there :goodvibes
Me too!!
the Mickey waffles were no better than at Roaring Fork.
Well.... crap. :( I've never had them and now I certainly don't feel like I need to.
We cut in front of Crystal Palace on our way to BIg Thunder and caught some characters out on the porch!
:) I like that. Never seen them there before.
They were busy chatting with some young kids so I listened a bit and walked away smiling.
:)
I agree, I kinda like the spontaneity of it over the organized, get in line, FP+ version of seeing characters.
Big Thunder was listed at 70; 70 guys! We were on in 22:
Whoa! Big difference!
When we got off the wait was listed at 45 so we jumped in line again and were on in 8!
Whatt?????
After this we went to It's a Small World where the wait was 55 WHAT! The line was almost down to the Rapunzel bathrooms. But we got in line! Glad we did because we were on in 18 minutes and that's because after about 10 minutes they announced a cleaning cycle.
Disney: "Come on into IASW! We'll give you the VIP treatment! No wait! Your own private boat!"
Me: "Naw. I'm good."
Afterwards we attacked the 7 Dwarfs line that ended over by Dumbo :dumbo: It was listed at 45 and I NEEDED to see how long it took. Any guesses?

30 minutes from Dumbo YUP!
Little bit closer to the posted time, but still really short for that ride.
It's scary when you see lines but they do keep moving and that makes a huge difference on top of the fact that they keep moving.
::yes::
Maybe I'm starting to buy into the whole "banish the FP+" thought.
How beautiful is that Not So Poison Apple Cupcake?
Very!
:lmao: Such a flattering photo of you!

I love the impromptu character pop-ups. So much more my kinda style :thumbsup2
Love that your wait times were significantly less than listed and wow that halloween treat looks amazing 😋

It's probably one of the best themed "quiet" pools at a Disney resort since most have no theming or decor at all! It's convenient to many BRV and CCV rooms (not all) and the kids there seemed to be enjoying themselves.
We love the quiet pool at WL. They even have a server from Geyser Point who circulates at the pool in normal times. The main pool gets very crowded and noisy with the pool activities, so the quiet pool is a great place to hang out. :)
Any guesses what I got at Roaring Fork?
We just back from WDW on Friday and had gone to Geyser Point for lunch. The food was delicious but I didn't like that the bushes had grown so tall that they blocked the view of Bay Lake. That was one of the best things about that restaurant. I decided not to get a Magic Bar this time. The resort was beautiful as always but really empty at lunchtime.

Great costume!

They were busy chatting with some young kids so I listened a bit and walked away smiling. I truly love these pop ups more than traditional meets!

These are sooo fun!

When we got off the wait was listed at 45 so we jumped in line again and were on in 8! This occurred all day with waits being listed longer than they were

Great lines for you!

Afterwards we attacked the 7 Dwarfs line that ended over by Dumbo :dumbo: It was listed at 45 and I NEEDED to see how long it took. Any guesses?

30 minutes from Dumbo YUP!

Impressive! I would have thought it was a lot longer.

How beautiful is that Not So Poison Apple Cupcake? It was huge and delicious and my tongue looked like this after

It is beautiful! We really wanted to try this but the timing never worked out.

I was SO bummed about missing the parade on our pre-cruise Universal stay last year. Especially because they called it off only minutes before it was supposed to begin. Such a letdown. I hope they do at least a mini-version rather than not have it at all this year! And someday, I'll have to go back, so I can see it myself :)
I wish they'd announce it! And yes you need to go back and see it for sure :goodvibes I neve got to see the Grinchmas show either so hoping they do that.
This is totally awesome!!! Must've had a float breakdown or something to have them all walking, but I kind of love it this way!
Probably since the rest of the day they were on the floats!
OMG that cupcake looks good!
It was delicious! When I try these special seasonal "treats" I'm always skeptical because they often look better than they taste, but this one totally lived up to my expectations.
Pulling up to the MK is always the best!!!!
YES! It's a great feeling going in to any park but MK especially :love:
And that cupcake 🧁 looks so yummy 😋.
I wish they'd have like a "holiday not so poison cupcake". And then a Valentine one. And summer lol.
Would really like to know what you ordered at Narcosse and did you enjoy it. Wanted to have dinner there during our March stay. Love your trip reports
Hi there! I did show pics in my dining report but happy to share here! I had the filet which is one of my go-to's and it was wonderful as always. Steve had it this time as well but he's also often gotten the scallops and swordfish before and enjoyed them both; LOVES the swordfish! Ricky our son always gets the the pork chop there and can't get enough of it!

Dessert is wonderful as well; the choice that's pretty famous and that I always get is the
Almond-crusted Cheesecake
with Lambert Cherry Sauce

If this sounds at all good to you, GET IT! We're going back there in November :goodvibes

Well.... crap. :( I've never had them and now I certainly don't feel like I need to.
They just better get better :mad: They honestly used to be delicious, Mickey shape aside.
I like that. Never seen them there before.
I agree, I kinda like the spontaneity of it over the organized, get in line, FP+ version of seeing characters.
I LOVE the way characters are now. Does it mean I don't want things to go back to "normal"? Well no......but I do prefer the characters this way. I think it's more fun to not know exactly who you'll see! And really, when you do an in park character meet, 95% of the time they're super quick and nothing special so I don't feel you're losing much. Especially kids who haven't been before!
Maybe I'm starting to buy into the whole "banish the FP+" thought.
Climb aboard :boat: plenty of room here!
Such a flattering photo of you!
🤣
I debated posting it but we're all friends here.
I love the impromptu character pop-ups. So much more my kinda style :thumbsup2
Yes! Like I said above I wish these would stay around even when they can start adding things or going back to regular meets. It's great to not know when a character may be around a corner!
We love the quiet pool at WL. They even have a server from Geyser Point who circulates at the pool in normal times. The main pool gets very crowded and noisy with the pool activities, so the quiet pool is a great place to hang out. :)
Even with social distancing (and what we observed was good) at the main pool it was loud which is why we opted for the quiet pool each day. It's just nice that it's not a plain pool and there are things to look at.
decided not to get a Magic Bar this time. The resort was beautiful as always but really empty at lunchtime.
Ugh how could you??
Just kidding :-) I was 100% happy being there even on the CCV side; just good to be at the Lodge!

Great costume!
I was thrilled he chose it! None of our kids share my love of horror movies but Chris at least will watch some so this choice shocked me a bit. He's into Japanese Anime and I thought he'd go that route!
It is beautiful! We really wanted to try this but the timing never worked out.
I almost forgot; it's hard to remember when they have the seasonal treats :)

Day 4 Part 2: Characters? I got 20! Continued

After my fantastically not so poisoned snack we were ready to head out and hit the pool. Luckily on our way we ran in to lots of furry and some not TOO scary friends! Get ready for character overload:

GIT DOWN Big Bad:

Strike a pose:

This was by far my favorite cavalcade, and they played "It's Good to Be Bad" as it went by. The only one we missed was Jack Skellington. I hope the holiday ones are as awesome!

As you see we watched right near Casey's and after visiting the Emporium we exited to friends hanging on the train station:

In July these guys were on their MiSi float for a cavalcade but now I assume due to the Halloween ones they took to the station. The dancers were there too I just didn't get them and I heard a few of those dancers have been let go :( It was really empty in front of the train station so we along with other guests walked right up almost underneath where they were and if I were like, 20 ft tall I would have been able to grab them! They pointed and waved to kids and at one point Panchito was playing hide and seek with a little toddler, so cute!

We caught the boat back to WL and sat on the outside. Here's a shot of how they socially distanced the seats:

We spent more time in the pool until we had to get ready for our last dinner with our dear friends @Jenny Sanders and Joe. Speaking of pool remember I said we had to buy bathing suites on the Boardwalk since I forgot to pack them? Here's the adorable one Steve picked out:

See that cool Mickey? He sparkled like glitter in the water pixiedust:

We noticed they were doing tye-dyeing:

We did see kids doing it later and all was socially distanced. I know they're also doing movies on the lawn at night and we saw other activities going on in July at BCV, it's great they haven't stopped all these.

For our dinner tonight we could have taken a boat to MK and walked over but to save my hair a bit of frizz we once again took a Lyft. Our destination was not totally new to us but was new to us for dinner - we were going to the Wave over at the Contemporary where we'd previously only had breakfast.

It was super good! Good enough that I have it booked for us and the kids for our Thanksgiving trip. We had another great night with our besties but as always it's hard to say good-bye; we won't see them again until February and we couldn't even grab an Uber ride from Joe since they were staying at the CR! I'll leave you with this picture of Jenny and I and tell you that I bought that same Minnie Pineapple dress before we went to Jock Lindsay's! I promise in February we'll match:

I'll be back with our final 2 park days and some more time with the famous Mr. & Mrs. @pepperandchips !

They just better get better :mad: They honestly used to be delicious, Mickey shape aside.
I know you can buy frozen ones in the grocery store now.... kinda wondering if they're using those.
I think it's more fun to not know exactly who you'll see!
::yes::
And really, when you do an in park character meet, 95% of the time they're super quick and nothing special so I don't feel you're losing much. Especially kids who haven't been before!
very true!
Climb aboard :boat: plenty of room here!
:laughing: :sail:
I debated posting it but we're all friends here.
You're a brave lass.
Get ready for character overload:
Whoa! Lots!!
Strike a pose:
Madonna was there? How cool is that? I didn't know Disney bought her too.
they played "It's Good to Be Bad" as it went by.
:thumbsup2
if I were like, 20 ft tall I would have been able to grab them!
But would fail at social distancing.
at one point Panchito was playing hide and seek with a little toddler, so cute!
Aww. :)
Here's a shot of how they socially distanced the seats:
Hmmm... doesn't look all that "distant".
See that cool Mickey? He sparkled like glitter in the water pixiedust:
Cool! Were you happy with your suit?
we were going to the Wave over at the Contemporary where we'd previously only had breakfast.

It was super good! Good enough that I have it booked for us and the kids for our Thanksgiving trip.
Really! That's pretty high praise!
I bought that same Minnie Pineapple dress before we went to Jock Lindsay's! I promise in February we'll match:
Twinsies!

This was by far my favorite cavalcade, and they played "It's Good to Be Bad" as it went by. The only one we missed was Jack Skellington. I hope the holiday ones are as awesome!
I love the calvacades.....in fact I think I like them better than a full parade!
It was super good! Good enough that I have it booked for us and the kids for our Thanksgiving trip. We had another great night with our besties but as always it's hard to say good-bye; we won't see them again until February and we couldn't even grab an Uber ride from Joe since they were staying at the CR! I'll leave you with this picture of Jenny and I and tell you that I bought that same Minnie Pineapple dress before we went to Jock Lindsay's! I promise in February we'll match:
Sweet picture of you two!

I think my kids would love to do the tie dye shirts. I always want to take advantage of the neat resort activities...then we never do it. There's always next time, LOL.

How beautiful is that Not So Poison Apple Cupcake? It was huge and delicious and my tongue looked like this after
I absolutely love this and missed it this time around.

YES! We will absolutely match one night, weather permitting, of course.
The Wave has been consistently good but the company was better. 😘
Miss you!!!!

He's into Japanese Anime and I thought he'd go that route!

My youngest loves anime too.

This was by far my favorite cavalcade, and they played "It's Good to Be Bad" as it went by. The only one we missed was Jack Skellington.

This was our favorite too. Jack Skellington didn't run the day we were there. We really wanted to see it.

Sounds like another great night. Looking forward to seeing the twines in February.

I know you can buy frozen ones in the grocery store now.... kinda wondering if they're using those.
I haven't seen the frozen ones here. I have a feeling they're using a different mix and it's not as good; could be a distributor thing or a $ saving thing......
You're a brave lass.
Tis' me in that photo, it 'tis!
Madonna was there? How cool is that? I didn't know Disney bought her too.
Yes! Their latest IP, or "RP" if you will; real person. Or "LV" if you will, Like a Virgin? That's going to be another attraction opening for the 50th :cool1:
Sweet picture of you two!
Thanks Susan :goodvibes
I think my kids would love to do the tie dye shirts. I always want to take advantage of the neat resort activities...then we never do it. There's always next time, LOL.
Same here! One time YEARS ago at I think OKW we did a colored sand thing in the community room but that's it. We never even used the pool as often as I would have liked when the kids were little! Afraid to miss out on park time lol
YES! We will absolutely match one night, weather permitting, of course.
And then while we drink if one of us does something......inappropriate nobody will know which one of us did it :rotfl:
Miss you!!!!
Miss you more 😗
My youngest loves anime too.
He just started during the height of quarantine because one of his good friends was into it. Kept him busy though! Now we are ordering something anime online about every 14 days lol
Jack Skellington didn't run the day we were there. We really wanted to see it.
I did too but at least I saw the rest. It ran one day we were there but not the 2nd. Wish they did it every day! We have 2 days in MK this month so hopefully whatever holiday cavalcades they run we'll see them all.

I haven't seen the frozen ones here. I have a feeling they're using a different mix and it's not as good; could be a distributor thing or a $ saving thing......
We have them here. I've resisted getting them. Want the "real" thing. Not some ersatz frozen simulation.
Tis' me in that photo, it 'tis!
Of course it's you. Who else could it be?
Yes! Their latest IP, or "RP" if you will; real person. Or "LV" if you will, Like a Virgin? That's going to be another attraction opening for the 50th :cool1:
Fun for kids of all ages!

Love the updates!
We really liked BLT when we stayed there!
Old Elsa is better than no Elsa, Steve! :hyper:
I have been watching videos with wait times and almost every time the waits are very inflated!
I’m with you, the way characters are out and about is so awesome! I love it!
Chris as Chucky, very scary 😦
Good review of MK rides and the ability to get food without mobile ordering working!

EEK Chucky too cute. Glad Chris was able to have a good time.

Character calvacades look cute

I love Steves swimsuit, was your Disney themed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter