Mary Catherine

Earning My Ears
Hello! My family is currently in the process of closing our DVC points that we got from a resale. We’ve calculated how long it could take to acquire our points, and with the COVID delay, the absolute longest it could take to close our DVC points is 125 days from now. We are hoping to book our trip at the 11 month mark that way we can pretty much guarantee we can book the villa we want. However, if getting our points takes the maximum amount of days, that would force us to book our trip 25 day’s after the 11 month mark. So, my question is, do we have a chance at booking the Grand Floridian two bedroom lake view villa if we book it 25 days after the 11 month mark, or would they be sold out by then? Thank you so much for anyone’s help in advance! I’m crossing my fingers we get closed sooner than later! :earsboy:

Last edited:
Hello! My family is currently in the process of closing our DVC points that we got from a resale. We’ve calculated how long it could take to acquire our points, and with the COVID delay, the absolute longest it could take to close our DVC points is 125 days from now. We are hoping to book our trip at the 11 month mark that way we can pretty much guarantee we can book the villa we want. However, if getting our points takes the maximum amount of days, that would force us to book our trip 25 day’s after the 11 month mark. So, my question is, do we have a chance at booking the Grand Floridian two bedroom lake view villa if we book it 25 days after the 11 month mark, or would they be sold out by then? We would be booking for November, 18th 2021 if that influences our chances at all. Thank you so much for anyone’s help in advance! I’m crossing my fingers we get closed sooner than later! :earsboy:

I expect you’d be fine. We regularly book 2bd at VGF. Sometimes I don’t hit the 11 month mark, but I’m later. The lake view is more points, so it’s typically available longer.

Note that this applies for the dedicated two bedroom. The lock-off disappears very quickly, as the studios book up.

You’ll love the 2bd!!

I expect you’d be fine. We regularly book 2bd at VGF. Sometimes I don’t hit the 11 month mark, but I’m later. The lake view is more points, so it’s typically available longer.

Note that this applies for the dedicated two bedroom. The lock-off disappears very quickly, as the studios book up.

You’ll love the 2bd!!
thank you so much!!::MickeyMo

Usually Lake Views are the last to go, if you wanted Standard that would be the problem, but with the 50th Anniversary things could be a little tighter this year.

Hope you get your points loaded quickly.

Great! It seems like now my bigger concern is if they approve the points or not rather than if I’ll be able to book the room! Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter