Can you bring food into the bars/pubs?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
If I want to go to one of the pubs or bars throughout the day to read, can I bring in a plate of food from one of the pool deck eateries? I know sometimes those areas are nice and quiet during the day and have beautiful window seats to sit and read. But, I wouldn't be ordering a drink and my like to bring something to eat. Thanks!

If I want to go to one of the pubs or bars throughout the day to read, can I bring in a plate of food from one of the pool deck eateries? I know sometimes those areas are nice and quiet during the day and have beautiful window seats to sit and read. But, I wouldn't be ordering a drink and my like to bring something to eat. Thanks!
Yes.

This is one of the nice differences between a cruise ship and an other places. It is all DCL, so you are free to bring in outside food and drink, and free to use their tables even if you aren't ordering something. (The pub has board games and things to encourage people to do this). Plus, it is rarely crowded, so it isn't like you are keeping someone else from getting a table.

Have fun!

Just be mindful that there will be trivia, beverage tastings, and other functions that may necessitate the use of some spaces for a period of time.

Another thing I found was that a server will stop by to see if you want to order a drink. It's fine to say no, but they usually put down a cocktail napkin so nobody else will ask. If you later decide you want something, you are going to have to make contact with a server.

Which is actually quite easy, as they do remain in the area. Just eye contact or a raised hand will work.

Yep. While it is fine to bring in whatever, i personally make it a point to at least order 1 item in order to tip them for their service. A couple bucks may not seem like much to you or me but can mean much more to some of the hardworking staff that get tips.

We've often spent time in the Promenade Lounge (or at the tables which are technically outside by the portholes) and had the serving staff bring us some of the nachos and salsa when it's not busy even if we weren't ordering a drink and when it was perfectly easy for us to get up and get it ourselves. We frequently end up ordering (how can you not - chips & salsa positively begs for a drink!) but we never felt pressured to do so and sometimes we're just sitting there waiting for someone or something for a short period of time and don't order - I'm sure they'd like you to order (and tip them) but it's their job to make guests feel happy so they're perfectly fine if you don't. And as PrincessShmoo says - a lifted head, eye contact, or hand gesture is sufficient to get attention and they'll come right over.

i would suggest the lounge chairs out on deck 4 where the shuffleboard and stuff is. usually nice and shady and relatively quiet. Nice spot to relax and you can bring food out there.

where the shuffleboard and stuff is. usually nice and shady and relatively quiet. Nice spot to relax
Unless, of course, you get the overly enthusiastic shuffleboard players who love to slam the discs as hard and as fast as possible (into people passing by mostly). Then shouting at the stupid thing to direct it which way to go.

Unless, of course, you get the overly enthusiastic shuffleboard players who love to slam the discs as hard and as fast as possible (into people passing by mostly). Then shouting at the stupid thing to direct it which way to go.

lol i should have clarified, I was using that as a reference. There are many lounge chairs out on that deck, you dont have to be right in the middle of the shuffle board. We have also bumped into our fair share of characters wandering around down there with nobody around.

lol i should have clarified, I was using that as a reference. There are many lounge chairs out on that deck, you dont have to be right in the middle of the shuffle board. We have also bumped into our fair share of characters wandering around down there with nobody around.
minnie wonder 2012 1985 100_6812 1500.jpg stitch fantasy 2014 2505 P1030712 1500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter