Can you do July 4th weekend with minimal PS?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We're planning a short trip over the July 4th weekend - will go to MK on Fri, Epcot on Sat, and MGM on Sun. This needs to be a low budget trip so I'm thinking about only getting a PS for dinner at MGM on the 4th and just doing counter service or going back to the resort (ASMo) for the rest of our meals. Would this be a huge mistake? I know the parks will be really busy but I was hoping that since we're pretty familiar with the counter service options at MK and Epcot and we don't mind eating at off-times that maybe it would work. This is our first time going on a holiday weekend, tho, so I would appreciate any advice I can get. TIA:)

I have been to WDW for 4th of July before and I've waited an HOUR in line at a counter service place to place my order. The counter services places are generally mobbed from opening to closing, as are the food courts at the values. If you don't mind waiting and jockying for a table, you'll be fine.

Thanks, Lori. Knowing that the counter service places are packed all day definitely makes a difference. I had hoped that we could avoid long lines by eating early or late. Long waits would not be good since we will have our 18 mo. DD with us. She isn't known for her patience.;) Guess we will just have to budget more for meals. Thanks again.:)

We were at Epcot last year for the 4th and although it was busy the counter service places were not too bad, at least at lunch. We had a PS for dinner and got in quickly but people were walking up trying to get seated and we overheard all the sit down places in Epcot were booked for the day.

The 4th will be the worst day and MGM is a smaller park with less restaurant choices then Epcot so I would make PS for where you want to eat. You can always cancel once you arrive and think you can do a counter restaurant. I doubt they will have a hard time filling tables on the 4th anywhere. We did the firworks at MGM on the 4th and it was packed once we got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter