Can You Eat on a Disney Ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbigbawlz

Earning My Ears
I promise this question isn't quite as inconsiderate as it sounds - but does Disney have a strict policy about eating food on the rides?

I'm asking because I always thought it would be fun to kick back on the People Mover with a cheapo burger or whatever and snack on it while cruising through the ride. I just don't want to get kicked off for breaking some kind of mouse law.

I wouldn't dream of bringing a steaming plate of nachos on Small World or Jungle Cruise or anything close quarters like that. Just specifically the People Mover, where you're self-contained and can get a vehicle to yourself on a slow day and not gross anyone out.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
No. There might be a situation where there is an emergency like a diabetic needing to eat something but generally you cannot eat on rides. As a practical matter you can easily spill or drop food and then there is a dirty car for someone to clean or someone else to sit in after you.

I didn't realize you couldn't. Last time I brought a couple of pretzels and drinks on the people mover with us and enjoyed them while on the ride. Almost certain I have read accounts of people enjoying snacks on the People Mover.

I have never thought of bringing food to indoor rides or shows though. Although we usually eat dinner when waiting for Fantasmic and Happily Ever After.

I was holding my son’s Starbucks drink for him while he went on Space Mountain. I tried to get on People Mover with it and they wouldn’t let me.

I get why people would want to eat on one of the more relaxing rides like Peoplemover or especially the riverboat. Guests have promised they would be extra careful and wouldn't spill their drinks. It's not that the CMs don't believe that they'd be careful, but I've seen people actually argue and yell at the CMs at Pirates or in a theater attraction.

When there are thousands of people going on an attraction per hour, there may be 99.9% who don't spill any food or drink. But if even just .1% of guests make some kind of mess (however minor), that's a lot of spills throughout the day. Turnover on rides is timed down to the seconds, and there is no time to stop and clean... so it's necessary to have a blanket rule.

Maybe pull a roller-cooler stocked with beer; kick back and toss the empty cans over the side.:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter