• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you elaborate on best way to book a cruise?

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
I listened to the 2/6 email show. And I think you said, book now on DU, then if it is cheaper on to rebook as a bounce back, then book that also, then come back to DU and you'll work that out. Is that correct?

Also, you mentioned booking now for just one person and you will still get the same group rate. Did you mean for just the pod cast cruise or if I book early on any cruise if I add more people will I get the same tiered early booking discount as I add people or will I get the higher tiered price.

I'll tell you why I'm so pro-booking early. I booked my 11/08 cruise in 2/07 at 21 months post cruise, for approx 7,500. In 8/07 I rechecked the price of my cruise (same Cat) and the price had gone to 8,800, this was before those people on the same cruise could re-book for next year. Even with 10% off and the $200 stateroom credit I paid less. I can't imagine the price had gone down at all prior to the 11/07 cruise.

I know you mentioned that DCL starts at Tier 0 and then moves up. Does it ever move down? Has DCL had a cruise where it needed a fire sale to fill rooms?

TIA!!

What was suggested on the Podcast is that you can hold a room in the group space right now and once you get onboard, you can check the pricing and see if it would be less by booking onboard. If so, you should book another reservation while on the ship (you can even tell the booking agent that you want it placed with DU right away) and then get in touch with me (Tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com) when you return to cancel the group rate room. You would still qualify for all onboard Podcast events and activities, but your new reservation would not be in with the group pricing (because it would be a better price).

With the Podcast cruise, it is being booked in group space. When you get a reservation with one or more people in the room, the price is locked in. This is not the case with regular reservations not in group space. If you only book for one person and the price increases before you add the rest, you will pay the new rates for the new people. So while this is not just for the Podcast cruise, it is just for group space.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy,

I just filled out the DU form for a 7 night in 2009. I hope I'm not to late and my cruise filled!!:lmao:

Seriously, I just left the DCL website and my 2008 $7500 cruise is now up to $ 9,428.44

Other than happening to know the starting price when the sail dates were announced is there a way to tell if the prices went up or how full the ship is? I think I remember a website that gave people an idea how full any cruise on any line was.

I am thinking of booking on board a phantom cruise as far out as I can and then keep pushing it forward to use when the new ships are out. Any idea how many times I can rebook a cruise booked in 11/08? Again, I'm serious, if the new ships are out by 2012 I've got a great graduation gift for my DD.

Thanks! :wave:

Thanks Tracy,

I just filled out the DU form for a 7 night in 2009. I hope I'm not to late and my cruise filled!!:lmao:

Seriously, I just left the DCL website and my 2008 $7500 cruise is now up to $ 9,428.44

Other than happening to know the starting price when the sail dates were announced is there a way to tell if the prices went up or how full the ship is? I think I remember a website that gave people an idea how full any cruise on any line was.

I am thinking of booking on board a phantom cruise as far out as I can and then keep pushing it forward to use when the new ships are out. Any idea how many times I can rebook a cruise booked in 11/08? Again, I'm serious, if the new ships are out by 2012 I've got a great graduation gift for my DD.

Thanks! :wave:

There really isn't a way to see how full the ship is. You can look and see if there are room assignments for the categories, but you have to basically look at the date and look at all categories, look for a room and if there are 8 listed, there may be many more available. Really not an easy, but very time consuming way.

You can move a phantom cruise date out as much as you want. The new ships are due out in 2011 and 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter