Can you ever get room before 4:00?

This past weekend our 3 bedroom at old key west was ready at 2:30.... we hadn't even left for the airport to get there :)

My last few DVC times are below. I think I have gotten lucky a few times to be honest.

September 2019 - BWV - Got the room ready text about 8:30 AM pst (so 11:30 AM WDW time). Too bad I was not leaving until late afternoon and not arriving until around midnight.

July 2019 - VGC - Got the room ready text around 3 PM. Was surprised as that one is often very close to 4 or later. We had checked in around 8-9 AM as I recall.

March 2019 - AKV Kidani - I was moving from All Star Movies and was told at ASMo that my room was not ready when I stopped at the desk with an issue. Got my 1:45 PM after 2 texts that my room was not quite ready. No big since I was in the park anyway.

I have also had the room ready text not come until boarding a 3 PM flight from the west coast (which is 6 PM for WDW), so a very late one. And once that we never got a text period! So kind of never know.

I’ve read that there isn’t a Front Desk at Riviera. If true, I think it will make service discussed here much sketchy-er if not extinct.

Someone please tell me that's not true. I've never heard of a hotel without a front desk. If Riviera doesn't have one, whatever was DVC thinking?

We always take the redeye from SFO. We have gotten our room by 2:00pm pretty much every time at WDW DVC hotels. That said, I always put that my ONLY request is first available, and I stop by the front desk when I arrive to let them know I am there and will take the first room they have. I am well aware that I may have to wait until at least 4:00pm and that's fine, but I have been lucky to date. If you are more picky about location you may not have such great success.

<snip>I've never heard of a hotel without a front desk. If Riviera doesn't have one, whatever was DVC thinking?

Disney’s Riviera Resort is a “DVC only property” and not a hotel. They are encouraging members and guests to do online check in only. My understanding is that there may be a guest svc desk and definitely a bell desk but no more front desk. It’s the future of WDW. “What a marvelous time we live in”.

I usually get my room before 4pm unless I am staying at BLT or BC. Sometimes I get my room ready text by 8am if staying at WL or AKL lol

it really varies.
Our flight usually lands by 12:30. Most trips I get a text that our room is ready while we are waiting for luggage. This year it was 4 pm before the room was ready.

I'd say it's about 33% chance. And before 4pm means 2-3pm ish. Before 2pm is really rare, like 5% chance. From 3-4pm is most usual and after 4pm is, thankfully, also rare (though more common these days than when we first became DVC in 2006). But I usually have some sort of location request. So if you forgo that and just ask for soonest available you should be good between 1-2pm ish. Though depends on check in day. Sat and Sun is busier and may take housekeeping longer to turn over rooms. And add in a holiday or some big event (like marathon weekend or Epcot resort during F&W) and that makes it busier too. Looks like you're staying AKV in Nov 2020. If Jersey week or Thanksgiving and/or a Sat/Sun check in it may be busy...if combo of both, weekend check in plus one of those events, it will be busy.

Someone please tell me that's not true. I've never heard of a hotel without a front desk. If Riviera doesn't have one, whatever was DVC thinking?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if they don't have one, so do they or don't they?

Since '93:
I am getting my room text before arrival at the resort or upon check-in 20% of the time @09:30.
I am getting my room text before Noon @50% of the time.
I am getting my room text before 2 PM @85% of the time.
I am getting my room text before 4 PM @99% of the time.
I have only had to wait past 4 PM twice in over 250 stays.

Since '93:
I am getting my room text before arrival at the resort or upon check-in 20% of the time @09:30.
I am getting my room text before Noon @50% of the time.
I am getting my room text before 2 PM @85% of the time.
I am getting my room text before 4 PM @99% of the time.
I have only had to wait past 4 PM twice in over 250 stays.
Wow, impressive. You must be on the VIP list. I am owner since 2006 and have maybe 35 check ins or so and have had room late, past 4pm, twice. Right at 4pm, a couple times. Before 2pm like maybe 4 times. One time was like 11:30 and we had already arrived and went to a park when we got text. Last trip we switched room types at BWV and did get 2nd room right after checking out of 1st room...like 10:45...so I guess that was earliest. But BWV is the usual culprit for a late room....one of the after 4pm times was there. Other culprit is HHI. And one time at AKV we never got room ready text and was at a park until like 7pm and had to see desk to find out our room. And recently at BLT we got text right at 4pm...as we were walking in from MK. I do tend to have a location request though. But I did try without at BWV once to see...and since we were arriving at like 2pm and was hoping to have room right away. But, nope, not until like 3:30. The after 4pm time we had ran back from Epcot in rain and hauled all our stuff from the car at like 3pm thinking it would be ready soon. Sat in lobby with a mess of wet luggage and groceries. Waiting...going to desk...waiting. Finally was ready at like 4.20.

We are driving to WDW now to check in tomorrow. To AKV. Will post what time our room is ready. I did zero location requests and put our arrival at 2pm. We shall see.

I usually get my AKV room ( 1 bdrm SV) about 1pm BUT I also get there at 9am before room assignments go out and get to change to a room I want (as far away from the lobby on Kudu trail is my ever present request).
Conversely, both my CCV rooms were ready at 9am

I am amazed with these early, like 9am, rooms ready. I mean check out is 11am and housekeeping come in at 8 and out at 4....there abouts. So either a resort is not at capacity or you get one of the very first cleaned rooms.

My niece is dating a former CM and he said that the reason for us getting rooms on the later side is that there are a lot of folks who ignore the 11am check out and leave late.

My experience is our room is typically ready around 2.30 to 3.30. And we often do split stays and put 11am as arrival time at 2nd resort and have never, except that last time we swapped rooms at BWV, gotten that 2nd resort room anywhere close to 11am. I guess for that they think we are dropping our stuff at bell services to be moved and then heading off to a park so no need to get a room early. But we drive and have a car so we load up at like 10am and drive to new resort and always book an ADR around 11:30 at or near the 2nd resort to eat early lunch and wait for room. But never works out and then just leave our car all packed up and eat then head to park.

Last edited:
It depends on how busy the Resort is. If they have a room that wasn't used the night before they will give it to you. I've done the red eye flight twice. Once I was able to check in and get a room right away the second time I had to wait until 4.

I’m sure some guests have early flights or other early obligations, but with express checkout, I’m not sure how housekeeping would be notified they can start cleaning early. (Unless an early guest used Bell Services or DME)

We fly from Cali and normally do take the Red-Eye in to MCO. A couple of years ago we did get lucky at check in at BCV and they did have our 1 bed room villa ready at check in which was like 0930 but all the other check-ins have been later in the day after at least a minimum of 1400 hrs including this last stay a couple of weeks ago at BWV where our 2 bedroom wasn't ready until 1733 hrs. Not real happy with that one especially when I'm getting those automated messages from Disney saying how they plan to make my "stay a magical" one. The cast member/asst manager ended up giving us a $200 room credit which paid for a couple of dinners. She made it "magical" then !

I’m sure some guests have early flights or other early obligations, but with express checkout, I’m not sure how housekeeping would be notified they can start cleaning early. (Unless an early guest used Bell Services or DME)
If we leave before 10:00, we call mousekeeping and inform them that the room is being cleared so they can start on this room.

Many trips and have experienced most everything... from room ready in the morning until after 6:30 PM. Yup, you read that correctly. It happens.

My motto is hope for the best, plan for the worst. You just never know on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter