• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you get a AAA and an AP discount at the same time?

Beth76

DIS Veteran
We already have AAA and I'm toying with the idea of getting an AP. But, may not if you can only use one discount at a time. I believe that certain discounts need to be available at the time I want to go, correct? If there's a AAA discound and an AP discount available at the same time, can I use both? Does one tend to be better than the other, or are they basically the same?

You can use one or the other, not both. You don't have to have the AP in hand in order to make a reservation, so you are better off doing comparisons before you buy the AP. Lately the AP discounts have been a flat dollar amount off, where AAA is a percentage. So higher priced rooms might be better off with the percentage off.

You can only get one discount at a time. Every AP discount I have seen is better than the AAA discount.

What you can do is book now with the AAA discount and then if an AP discount is available for when you're going and you can get your reservation switched (based on room availibility) you could then buy the AP.

Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I figured. Good to know too that you don't need the AP to book the room. That sure would make it easier to decide to get it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter