~Can you get into two parks if you do not have park hopper option?

joenan88

DIS Veteran
If I have a 7 day base ticket can I use 2 days for 2 different parks in one day? I plan on going to one park per day for the 6 days I am vacationing next week....so I don't think the park hopper option is for us but if I buy a 7 day base and decide maybe one of the evenings to go into a different park can I do that?

See the "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Tickets" sticky thread, above, for answers to this and a whole lot more! That thread also explains why you can't.

The only way to get into two parks in one day is to have a hopper or to have two separate tickets

If I have a 7 day base ticket can I use 2 days for 2 different parks in one day? I plan on going to one park per day for the 6 days I am vacationing next week....so I don't think the park hopper option is for us but if I buy a 7 day base and decide maybe one of the evenings to go into a different park can I do that?

No.
But if you decide during your trip that you do want to hop, you can add it to your ticket anytime while there is still an active day left on it. The price is a flat fee, so if you upgrade on day one or day six, the cost will be the same.

The only way to get into two parks in one day is to have a hopper or to have two separate tickets
Don't forget that if you are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party, and arrive after (current rules) 4 PM, then you don't need a hopper (or any other regular ticket at all).

Water park fun works differently. Blizzard Beach during the day, Disney Quest that evening -- uses zero days and two fun visits with or without hopping.

On the same day, no. Once you insert a non-hopper ticket into a turnstyle at a park, that is your park for the day. Unless you have separate admission, you cannot go to a different park for the evening. If this is what you would like to do for most of the time you are at WDW, look into adding the park hopper option. As noted the sooner you add the park hopper option, the more days of park hopping you get for the same price.

No. When you try to put it into the turnstyle at the second park, it will read 'crossover not permited' on the CM's side. Look at it this way, the turnstyles from each park talk to each other and would know you've already been in another park, so the second scanner tells the CM not to let you in. On the tickets themselves it says not for park hopping. The hopping option costs about $50.00, whereas it only costs about $5.00 to add a day onto a 7 day ticket. Disney knows this, wants their $50.00, and closed any loopholes years ago.:rotfl: If you do a search you will see this question gets asked alot here on the DIS. Cheshire Figment is a gate CM who usually posts on these questions and has a really good explanation of how works and why it's not allowed, but basically when you buy a base ticket, you are buying so many days of admission, not so many park admissions. Once you enter a park on Tuesday that is your park for that day. If you try to go to another park and can convince that turnstyle that it is a different day than Tuesday then they'll let you in. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter