Can you have a non-Disney wedding at WDW??

RAD

DIS Veteran
We're going to WDW in October (6 weeks) with another couple and they're thinking about getting married while we're there. While they'd like to have a Disney wedding the $'s aren't there to do it Has anyone done this and how did you do it. How do you set up date/time with a minister? Did you do it on the grounds (we're staying at BWV) or off site? Thanks in advance for any help/tips. Rick

In a park? No way. At one of the standard wedding venues? Again, no dice. If you want to have a clandestine ceremony, you'll need to bring your own minister (the ones that Disney works with won't oblige you on Disney property). And you'll do well to do it out of sight (hotel room).

The wedding business is one that Disney holds quite close to the vest and if they catch you in the act on property, they will indeed interrupt your ceremony. Remember that it's private property, not public, so be forewarned. Offitse areas such as the surrounding hotels might be a more accomodating venue. I believe the Swan & Dolphin, both non-Disney hotels, have more-affordable legitimate options as well, so I've been told.
G'luck.
-Andrew

Although you can't be married in WDW in the public areas, you can in fact be married in a suite or room. Apparently the concierge departments in the deluxe hotels are very accommodating in this respect. But be warned this is only acceptable as long as you are out of sight - if you step onto your room balcony or outside (or even in the hotel lobby for pictures) you stand the risk of being interrupted.

If you do it anywhere else, you run the risk of being interrupted or ejected (if you are in a park). That would be a horrific wedding memory.

It might be worthwhile your friends considering a Disney Wedding in a couple of years and saving up the money for an intimate? Then they'd have a whole load of options available to make their day memorable (for the right reasons!).

Good luck with the decision

Elaine & Martin
married at Yacht Club Gazebo, October 2000

You might also want to check with Takeo at the Hilton located at Downtown Disney. They have an intimate package that runs around $650, which is pretty darn good considering the Swan and Dolphin's prices. The Windham also had a package, but I think it may be much higher. There are other locations in Orlando where you can go that are pretty reasonable as well.

we just returned from our wedding/honeymoon trip to WDW. we couldn't afford to do the full fledged disney wedding on site...so we found a wonferful little chapel off site and were married there. they chapel is called "the little white wedding chapel" and it's very close to disney and easy to get to! they are on hwy 192. the staff there (Pat, Micheal, and Robin) were delightful! Pat and her husband, Michael, are from england, i believe. and they do a wonderful job for an intimate wedding. it was only the two of us and they were very accomodating and it was perfect for us...their packages are very reasonable too. the whole thing cost us about $450.00...here's their website...www.whitechapelweddings.com
we were able to arrange everything by phone and e-mail and then went to see them the day before our wedding. it was wonderful!!

best of luck!

Scarlett thank you for posting about this!!! Dh and I are trying tp plan a wedding renewal and this just might be the way we go! Where exactly are they on 192? Im going to call them tomorrow and get some ideas on what we can do for our renewal.

if you were coming from SR 535, you would turn left onto 192 and they would be down on your right a couple of miles. their sign actually says "visitor center" or something like that. They do sell disney passes, etc, but i believe that they are getting out of that and concentrating on just the wedding business! we were very happy with the service that we got from them!

be sure to tell them that matthew and brandie sent you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter