Can you Hire a Disney Photographer? Has anyone?

jbwolffiv

DVC Member SSR 2004, BLT 2008, WDW Traveler since
I posted this on the Parks and Strategies board, maybe I can get some help here too. We our heading down in August and have owed DMIL a family photo for a few years now. She was to come with us but just had by-pass surgery and will have to skip this trip. DW thought it might be a great idea to get a professional photo since the rest of family will be there. Anyone know if this is possibe?

I believe that this is possible, however I'm not sure who you would contact. There are photo places around the World, like MK and DTD, where you could go and have a photo taken. I have also seen somewhere that you can get a package where someone will photograph you in different places, but I think they are pretty pricey. My suggestion would be to start with a search on the Disney World site and see what you come up with. Although, there is probably someone with more info than me who will chime in.

Good luch and have a great vacation!

From the members perks section of the DVC site:

Disney Event Productions Photography
Whether you're a family of four or 24, let Disney Event Productions Photography customize a portrait session to accommodate you. A professional photographer will meet your family at one Walt Disney World® location of your choice. The price of your session includes the sitting fee, all of your proofs (presentation prints), and a multi-print folio showcasing images from your portrait session. As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you'll receive a 10% discount on the sitting fee only. For more information, please call Disney Event Productions Photography at 407-827-5099†.

We used them once for a big family gathering. We told them what we wanted, a group shot over at BVW and what time. He was their on time posed us all, took a few shots (even one with our own digital camera), worked out great.

We used the Disney Photography Service when we were on our Honeymoon. We wanted a few good pictures with both of us in them. He met us at MK and did a great job. I plan on using them in a couple of years when the whole family goes to WDW.

Meliechick said:
We used the Disney Photography Service when we were on our Honeymoon. We wanted a few good pictures with both of us in them. He met us at MK and did a great job. I plan on using them in a couple of years when the whole family goes to WDW.

Where did he take the photos at MK? What was in the background? How much was it? I'm thinking of doing this too for our group in Sept.

Thank you...
Lori

I've used them twice - once at OKW and once at Epoct. Loved them both - it's pretty pricey, but worth it. I thought the Epcot settings (WS) were wonderful. We did it bright and early when no one was around.

It's right up on my list of things to do - I've never regretted it.

The MK was open when we had our pics done. We had several pics with the castle as the background. We were allowed on the fenced in grassy part so there weren't random people in the background. We had some pics on the carosel, in front of the steam boat, some in Minnie's house, and some in the Judges tent with the characters. We were able to go in a back way for the pics with characters so we didn't waste time waiting in line. If I remember correctly we had a certain amount of time to do our pics so the faster we posed and moved on the more places we got to take pics. It has been a couple of yrs so I can't remember the price off of the top of my head but I will check when I get home. I want to say the sitting fee was $350 but I'm not positive.

DH and I did this for our honeymoon and got amazing pictures. We were only supposed to do the "honeymoon" package--a couple shots in front of the castle but the photographer took us all over MK--including a visit to Mickey Mouse, we walked through a backdoor and right into his greting area. We got a beautiful white leather bound photo album with a gold castle on the cover. I don't really remember the sitting fee-we got a discount through something and it was 3 years ago. I think it was kind of high but we thought it was so worth it. You never get pictures of both people or the whole family. I'd say do it! We plan on doing it again when DD is a little older.

For more information contact the phone number listed in "RAD" reply.
I contacted them the first of April because I was thinking of getting some pictures done when we were there in Late May. They were very difficult to get a hold of. I assumed they were really busy and I have limited time in the day that I can call - we got pictures taken at home instead (much cheaper, but not as awesome as a Disney background).

I do have a brochure (in adobe format) if anyone is interested (PM me). I will try to post the price list in a new reply window. If it doesn't make it PM me and I will forward that as well. The date on everything says 2003, but this is what Disney sent me so I guess the prices are the same. If not, it would at least give you an idea of prices. Someone on this board sent me some information before I finally got a hold of the Disney guy, but now I can't find it on my computer. lol

"G"

Here are the prices for the various packages.
The rest of the list didn't space right when I copied it.
If you want reprint prices, Family Albums or Gift Folio prices PM and I will forward the WORD Document to you!! This will at least give you an idea. Again everything had 2003 date, so these may not be the most up to date prices!!! ENJOY!! :wizard:

Family Portrait Session Packages
(different negatives)

Pkg. A: Folio w/12 - 4x5 prints
2 - 11x14 Portraits $325.00
2 - 8 x 10 prints

Pkg. B: 2 - Folios w/8 - 4x5 prints
2 - 8x10 prints $285.00

Pkg. C: 2 - 16x20 Portraits
4 - 8x10 prints $220.00

Pkg. D: 16 x 20 Portrait
11 x 14 Portrait
2 - 8 x 10 prints $150.00
Pkg. E: Folio w/8 - 4x5 prints
1 - 11x14 Portrait
$195.00

Pkg. F: Folio w/8 - 4x5 prints
2 - 8x10 prints $195.00

Pkg. G: 16x20 Portrait
2 - 8x10 prints $130.00

Pkg. H: 2 - 8 x 10 prints
8 - wallets (same negative)
2 – 5x7 prints $75.00

Packages A – H do not include basic retouching

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter