Can you join Connections more than once?

Liz

Make a miracle!
I was just wondering if I join Connections in a few months, cancel before 30 days and only pay $1, have I had my chance at this 30 day for a buck offer? Like if I go back to WDW in another year or two and want more Connections vouchers, anyone know if you can join again for $1?

How does Connections & WDW make money off these deals, when they are used to our benefit (B&C, Pepper Market, etc.)

Thanks! Enjoy reading all these connections threads. As someone else mentioned, maybe we should start one thread for all Connections questions.

Just bumping this up, as I also would like to know...I've got to "cancel" within the next week or pay the 80 bucks, so I too was thinking the same thing. Get some vouchers now and some for my Oct. trip..Can this be done? Anyone know???:confused:

I have read that you cannot join again but don't take this as gospel. I think i read it on these boards or on mousesavers.

Poohs Pal, I believe the vouchers they are sending out now still have the May expiration date, so you couldn't get them for your October trip if that's the case.

Thanks for the info Alison!

If you can't sign up twice, maybe you can sign your DH up. Or, if they say only one membership per address, then you do the "legwork", but use a family members name and address, and just let them give them to you when they arrive. There's always a way around these things! Good luck!

I'm pretty certain you can join twice... I joined probably 3 or so years ago & didn't use it, so I cancelled... I didn't know about the WDW meal vouchers then....

I joined last fall & cancelled as I knew I wouldn't make use of the program... I intend on joining back up next fall & keeping it for the year... I wish I'd known about the Kids/Babies & ToysRUs GC discount 3 years ago, I'd have kept with the program!! But we won't be doing any more Kids/Toys R Us purchases until the fall anyways... So that's my plan, I don't see a problem... The worst they could do is make me pay from Day 1 instead of getting the first month for a dollar... if they do, that's okay too...

How long do you think a service like Connections can survive if everyone joined and quit, joined and quit, joined and quit....? I think they should limit the $1 for a month offer to a one time introductory thing. If the service is worth using more than once it is worth paying for. Finding a way around paying for a service you intend to use repeatedly is a sure fire way to assure that the service won't be around too long.

We joined last year and thought about just getting meal vouchers and dropping the service. However, we go to WDW every year and will need vouchers again and again. We decided to keep the service. We have made very good use of the service since then. We have saved a lot at ToysRUs and Outback Steakhouse. Will will be getting certificates for Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Barnes and Noble, among others.

Just a note. If you have an AT&T or Citibank credit card you can cut $10 off the annual fee. When you call tell them you heard of the service thru your credit card.

Not passing judgement or looking to offend - just expressing my opinion. Flame away :).

Disneykidds, I agree. I would have a hard time joining connections soley with the intention of buying vouchers and then cancelling after 30 days. I think the 30 day trial is there simply because they do not give you a lot of information without joining, so it would be difficult to decide if it is good for you without having the entire package. With that said, I am thinking about joining and seeing if it would be good for me. I don't think my local theatre is available so that's not good. I would be interested in merchant gift certificates but I don't know what is available. So, I suppose I will make a decision after I get my package.

momof2...

I hope the service works out for you. There are a lot of national chains that participate. Restaurants - Outback, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bennigans, Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Perkins, Bahama Breeze, Smokey Bones BBQ, Steak and Ale and Chuck e Cheese. Merchandise - ToysRUs, KidsRUs, BabiesRUs, K-B Toys, Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks/Brentanos, Borders, Media Play, Sam Goody, On Cue, Sun Coast, and Blockbuster. For the most part for restaurants and merchandise you have to order gift cards in advance and you end up saving 20% (buy a $25 gift card get $5 rebate, buy $10 get $2).

There are also attraction discounts for tix you buy in advance for Universal, Disney, Busch Gardens, Six Flags, Sesame Place and Adventure Island.

There are online deals for the Disneystore.com, Babyuniverse.com, Tickets.com, and Disney Blast.

Theatres include Crown, Hoyts, AMC, Loews, Regal, UA, CineMark, General Cinema, and National Amusements.

And of course the WDW meal vouchers.

Hope the info helps and there is stuff you are likely to use. The biggest drawback is ordering the certificates in advance. However, if you order $50 or more from a particular establishment they come in 2 or 3 days.

DisneyKidds, when you order a $25 restaurant gift card do you pay $20, or do you pay $25 and have to send in some kind of rebate form to be reimbursed?

Thanks!

Liz, I'm not DisneyKids2, but in regards to your question..... You pay the $25.00 for the $25.00 gift card... But, the following month you receive a "rebate" from Connections for the 20% amount... this is automatic, you don't file anything, it just gets put back on your card automatically... Now, in order to get your rebate, you MUST be a member, so it's not like you could do this & then cancel... This is a good program if you have the participating chain restaurants close by... Unfortunately, we only have the Outback close by & I don't like their food!! The Red Lobster recently closed, that was a major bummer... I plan on picking up Connections probably September 1st, I'll get our Disney meal vouchers & I'll order the toy store gift cards for our Christmas shopping... It will make sticking with Connections much more feasible... By the time we joined this past year, our shopping was already done & we won't do more until next fall... that's why we cancelled, but it is a good program & definitely worth sticking with if you shop at the kids stores or the chain restaurants...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter