Can You Just Use the LL Line Without using the DAS if the Standby Line is 15 Minutes Or Less

andypooh

Earning My Ears
Can you just get on the LL Line if the current posted wait at an attraction is 15 minutes or less even if you already are holding a DAS for another attraction? Will the cast member just let you on? Thanks.

Can you just get on the LL Line if the current posted wait at an attraction is 15 minutes or less even if you already are holding a DAS for another attraction? Will the cast member just let you on? Thanks.
You would let the CM at the attraction know you are registered for DAS. This is a quote from the Disney Website DAS FAQs - scroll to the bottom of the page to see the FAQs.

« Do Guests have to obtain a DAS return time for an attraction if the posted wait time is 15 minutes or less?
No. As was done in the past, if the posted wait time for an attraction is 15 minutes or less, the Guest utilizing DAS and their party typically are given access to the attraction right away. The Guest simply needs to inform the Cast Member they are registered for DAS at the entrance to the attraction queue. »

Wonder if anyone has had luck with this yet.
It’s not a change from before, so should not really be an issue.
In the past with those short waits, we generally just used the regular line unless we knew the particular line was problematic for our DD. But, for those lines that were an issue while Fastpass was still in existence, we did tell the CM DD had DAS and were able to use the Fastpass Line.

If you already have a DAS return time, I would think that you couldn’t use the DAS to access LL for 15 minute or less wait, but maybe so. I would hope that when you tap in, it would pop that you already have a return time, at which point you could get into the short standard queue.

It has been my experience that some cast members will scan your MB to set up a DAS, even if they just let you right through, and some will just wave you past. It seems that the ones with the second check point, would have to set up a DAS.

I think it could possibly be an issue now that you have to scan your band twice at every attraction.

I think it could possibly be an issue now that you have to scan your band twice at every attraction.
This is the updated information posted in 2 separate places on the WDW website information about DAS, so they do/should have a way of dealing with it.
A0B90AF0-3A72-411A-93EB-40FE86584B79.jpeg

I wouldn't be surprised if it depends whether you go through the standby queue (posted 15 minute wait) or use the LL queue (officially need a DAS return time issued even if for "now"). If you already have a DAS return time for another attraction, the only option may be to use the standby queue.

This is the updated information posted in 2 separate places on the WDW website information about DAS, so they do/should have a way of dealing with it.
View attachment 618581

We should have tried this last night. But there were so many issues with my son’s DAS. At attractions my husband’s name showed up twice. And in guest services he showed up once, but ds showed up twice. So GS had to call IT to fix it. Then all our photopass photos disappeared after they “fixed” the das issue. So it was a lot of running back and forth. And we didn’t see any of the blue umbrellas where they usually are. So we definitely had glitches in the system last night.

I wouldn't be surprised if it depends whether you go through the standby queue (posted 15 minute wait) or use the LL queue (officially need a DAS return time issued even if for "now"). If you already have a DAS return time for another attraction, the only option may be to use the standby queue.
I agree.
Unless the person has some very specific issues with the Standby Line that are not present in the Lightning Lane, they would probably be just sent thru the standby queue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter