can you leave ecv??

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
I have trouble walking distances and will be staying at aoa. I can manage if I can rent ecv and leave it at or near bus stop. Has anyone done this at value resort?

I'm sorry--I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking if you can rent an ECV inside a park and then take it to the bus stop? If so, then the answer is No.

Are you asking if you can rent one from an outside company and leave it at the resort bus stop? If so, why would you do that? If you need it at the resort, you need it at the parks.

You are better off renting from an outside company and then taking it ON the bus to the park with you. It is a long way from the bus stop to the gate......and there is a lot of distance to be covered at the resorts themselves. It is often a long way from room to bus stop (even when you have the closest one to the bus stop!

I suggest that you read the FAQ thread at the top of this board. It has a lot of factual information you can use.

Thank you and of course your answer makes sense but I hate taking an ecv on the bus. I hate being resented, I hate delaying everyone, I hate not being able to use some boats and worst of all I almost maimed an infant on the monorail because it surged at the top of the ramp!!! If I am careful I think I can rest a lot and be ok but eliminating the resort walking will really help. Can I leave the ecv with the baggage people or maybe at the bus stop?

There's much more walking at the parks than there is around the resorts, though you are correct that there is a fair amount of walking at most resorts as well. The short answer to your question is no. You cannot leave the ECV with bell services unless it is rented through one of the "preferred" vendors (see the FAQ sticky), but that is only done at the beginning and end of your stay, not while you go to the parks each day. While there is nothing to stop someone from leaving an ECV at a resort bus stop, I would not recommend it as unfortunately there are unscrupulous people who might steal it.

In my opinion, I really think you should take the ECV to the parks. You most certainly can park it in stroller parking there and spend some time walking if you desire.

I'm confused. How will you make it walking all day in a park if you can't at AOA.

Parkng on a bus isn't that hard and the bus drivers are really helpful.

If you are thinking of usig the ecv to the bus stop and leaving it and then renting in the parks that make sense I guess, but I doubt AOA will let you park at the bus stop and luggage storage certinly won't store it. Plus you are now double paying for an ecv, not to mention the walk from the bus stop at the park to the ecv rental station can be quite a distance.

And also you have to charge the ECV overnight. You might have a hard time finding an electrical outlet other than in your room. And it would get rained on even with a cover.

And if you attempt to use Bell Services there is no guarantee that it would get plugged in.

Thank you and of course your answer makes sense but I hate taking an ecv on the bus. I hate being resented, I hate delaying everyone, I hate not being able to use some boats and worst of all I almost maimed an infant on the monorail because it surged at the top of the ramp!!! If I am careful I think I can rest a lot and be ok but eliminating the resort walking will really help. Can I leave the ecv with the baggage people or maybe at the bus stop?

If you need an ECV--then it is other people's problem if they "resent" you. You can use most boats and I rarely use the monorail because I hate the hill. There are other ways to get around.

There is much more walking in the parks. If you have difficulty with distances, you would be "resting" more than enjoying yourself. It makes no sense to me to deprive yourself of enjoyment because of others (who you will never see again) think!

This is said by someone who uses an ECV in everyday life.

I guess technically you could leave a ECV at the bus stop, but keep in mind if ANYTHING happens to it, you will be responsible for the repairs or replacement. Is this something that you are willing to cough up when something happens?

What you are proposing makes no sense! You will walk a lot more in the parks than you ever will at the resort. If you don't want to take one on the buses, monorail, or boats, then I suggest you rent from inside the parks and save your walking time getting to the bus and to the rental location.

I would never leave an ECV at the bus stop. It just might "not be there" when you return for it. I would equate it with a wristwatch or a ring. It might be there, but it probably won't be! :scared1:

ECVs cost a lot. You are responsible for it, so why would you just leave it there?

You must charge it every evening. How will you do that if it is at the bus stop?

If it is raining, the ECV must be OUT of the rain. The bus stop is not rain-free.

The bus drivers are extremely polite when boarding an ECV. They will offer their help for whatever you need. They don't want you to feel bad about being on an ECV.

The rest of the people at the resort are quite understanding. I have NEVER had an issue with anyone getting angry or impatient with me. I feel that people in general are very polite & understanding. I have never felt resented at all.

Relax! You will be fine! Don't worry! :goodvibes

Of you are worried about the power aspect of it, perhaps you should just consider a manual wheelchair. Someone can push you to the various areas and you can walk from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter