Can you leave in the middle of a show?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I'm curious, say you're in a show (something at AK or HS) and need to get up part way through, are you allowed? Can you return once you've done what you need to do?

What about at Sea World (if anyone knows)?

It depends on the show. I know Lion King they ask you to stay in your seats because its dark and the performers are all around. If its an emergency you are supposed to get the attention of a cm. I believe teh same is true for Nemo. But Beauty and the Beast you can leave and also Fantasmic. I can't remember the other shows

Like pp said in some shows you need to flag a CM for assistance. We had to do this at Nemo because my 2 year old decided to be too crazy and rambunctious and would not stay seated. I don't think there would be an option to return once you have left. Only because once out all the doors are closed and entrance was roped off. I'm not sure how you'd gain access.

Sea world yes you can leave, it's open seating, and daylight so no problems leaving aside from annoying your fellow seat mates, so if you think you may need to leave try and get an end of row seat.

Sorry to interrupt here but I was wondering about this too. What about stuff like Enchanted Tiki Room or Country Bear Jamboree. Can you get out if your child freaks out? :)

In almost all shows, you will come in entrance doors on one side of the theater and if you need to exit, the exit doors will be directly across the theater from the door where you came in. Usually, the CM introducing the show will mention where the exits are. They are also marked with an Exit sign. Even if they appear to be closed or have no handles, pushing on the door will open it.
Just remember NOT to try to leave from the same door you came in on. There will be a preshow or waiting area full of people waiting for the next show right outside those doors.

If you think you might need to leave during the show, it might be good to sit toward the back and continue all the way across the row of seats to the end opposite where you came in. That way, you will be able to leave the most easily.
Once you leave, it will not be possible to come back in - the doors have no handles on the outside to open them. Since most shows are not very long, the chance of finishing what you need to do before the show is over is not very likely.

It is not possible to leave Carousel of Progress, Ellen's Energy Adventure or any rides without triggering an emergency shutdown.

As was mentioned, there are a couple of shows where you need to contact a CM before leaving for your own safety and the safety of the performers. They will mention that before the show starts in case you forget which attractions they are. But, the only ones I can think of are Nemo, the Musical and Lion King. Even though you may not see them, there are CMs stationed inside of shows to help people who need to leave.

For Fantasmic, the theater will be darkened during the show, but if you need to go out, you don't need to exit the area. There are food stands and a set of restrooms at the back of the amphitheater area. You could just leave the seating area and head towards the restrooms.
Whenever you leave a show, just make sure to arrange where yo meet back up again with the rest of your party.

Last edited:
If you think you might need to leave during the show, it might be good to sit toward the back and continue all the way across the row of seats to the end opposite where you came in. That way, you will be able to leave the most easily.

If you're unsure, it might also be a good idea to have a word with one of the CM's before you go in. They might have additional information or a way to make things easier.

Flights of Wonder (at AK) would require you to exit at certain times, due to the birds flying around

Just a tip if you think you may have to exit an attraction try and be as close to the exit as you can so you don't have to bother too many people as you exit. As not everyone may know why you are exiting a how.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter