Can you mix and match European and US offers on the same MDE account?

Hannah nz

Earning My Ears
Hi

I am having a big struggle finding and booking availability at pop for early September. I am based in NZ and can only get the European website when I look on my phone. There is no option to swap to US site and everything redirects me to the European site booking in euros. I can find Pop availability on this version. On my laptop I can only get the US site where there's not availability for pop. Can I book a spilt stay booking Pop European special on my phone and Coronado on my laptop for the US site?

Thanks Hannah

Hi

I am having a big struggle finding and booking availability at pop for early September. I am based in NZ and can only get the European website when I look on my phone. There is no option to swap to US site and everything redirects me to the European site booking in euros. I can find Pop availability on this version. On my laptop I can only get the US site where there's not availability for pop. Can I book a spilt stay booking Pop European special on my phone and Coronado on my laptop for the US site?

Thanks Hannah

No. It's one or the other.

I think so, I was gonna do this for this May, also getting the European longer park tickets, and there were no issues. I then opted to do all through the UK website as there was a further discount on tickets if you booked a longer resort stay.

Ps. Glad to see that you still have access to the European site from NZ/AU? I was worried of not being able to access my 21 days park tickets anymore once I go back to Oz.

I think so, I was gonna do this for this May, also getting the European longer park tickets, and there were no issues. I then opted to do all through the UK website as there was a further discount on tickets if you booked a longer resort stay.

Ps. Glad to see that you still have access to the European site from NZ/AU? I was worried of not being able to access my 21 days park tickets anymore once I go back to Oz.

Yes I can choose from EU or UK or Ireland site when I access any WDW link on my chrome phone browser.
The UK deal is good but doesn't really work the best for us as we are only doing 7 or 8 park days and we're planning on a split stay from value to moderate. We also don't want the dining plan and I can't seem to get hotel plus tickets without having to select it.
The EU site has 20% hotel discounts which is the attractive offer for us.

The best deals would be for us to book hotel only at Pop Through EU website and the tickets from UK site and the Coronado springs section on the US site with fun in sun 25 % offer.

Getting very confused haha

Yes I can choose from EU or UK or Ireland site when I access any WDW link on my chrome phone browser.
The UK deal is good but doesn't really work the best for us as we are only doing 7 or 8 park days and we're planning on a split stay from value to moderate. We also don't want the dining plan and I can't seem to get hotel plus tickets without having to select it.
The EU site has 20% hotel discounts which is the attractive offer for us.

The best deals would be for us to book hotel only at Pop Through EU website and the tickets from UK site and the Coronado springs section on the US site with fun in sun 25 % offer.

Getting very confused haha
So you don't see the continue without the dining plan at the bottom of the page?

In regards to the credit card UK address thing, I purchased my October stay at the Poly with my Australian Cc through UK disney travel company by calling them on their number, no problem there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122_100708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122_100708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3

In regards to the credit card UK address thing, I purchased my October stay at the Poly with my Australian Cc through UK disney travel company by calling them on their number, no problem there.

But OP wants to book a portion of their trip from the US site which is where there will be a problem.

But OP wants to book a portion of their trip from the US site which is where there will be a problem.
Thanks Dan you are definitely more expert in this than me and I'm probably wrong here. But I'm just sharing my experience here, few weeks ago I called the USA website and paid with my Australian cc a May stay and that appeared on my DEA. Then I called the UK disney travel company and added extra days on top of that. They treated that as a different reservation, so maybe that's where this is different? Or maybe cuz I did it by phone?, anyway and I paid them again, with my Australia cc which obviously has an Australian billing address on it.

Thanks Dan you are definitely more expert in this than me and I'm probably wrong here. But I'm just sharing my experience here, few weeks ago I called the USA website and paid with my Australian cc a May stay and that appeared on my DEA. Then I called the UK disney travel company and added extra days on top of that. They treated that as a different reservation, so maybe that's where this is different? Or maybe cuz I did it by phone?, anyway and I paid them again, with my Australia cc which obviously has an Australian billing address on it.

I guess it's different when you call because I know the online system won't let you do it. Good to know.

I guess it's different when you call because I know the online system won't let you do it. Good to know.
Yes, I think the difference is that on line you need to write your billing address and for example Australia, doesn't even show as an option. Whereas when you call they don't ask you for a billing addressthey just get your cc number ... 🤔

Correct. Unless you have a credit card with a US and another with a Europe billing addresses.

My credit card is a NZ billing address I do not have a UK or US billing address.
I has assumed that anyone can book the US offers? But maybe I am wrong. I knew that UK and EU is not eligible for everyone but as the website will not let me look at any other version on mobile I should be able to book?

Yes, I think the difference is that on line you need to write your billing address and for example Australia, doesn't even show as an option. Whereas when you call they don't ask you for a billing addressthey just get your cc number ... 🤔
So is there no option to book online wiht a NZ billing address? I could ring but it will be costly and we have opposite hours.

I also found the continue withou dining plan option thnak you! The link is so small and barely looks like a button. They really want everyone to buy the dining plan!

So is there no option to book online wiht a NZ billing address? I could ring but it will be costly and we have opposite hours.

I also found the continue withou dining plan option thnak you! The link is so small and barely looks like a button. They really want everyone to buy the dining plan!
I don't know you can try. Australia wasn't among the options for me so I called... You can call now here is 10. 34 am. You can use Skype so its cheaper.

I get flicked to the EU version of the Disney site sometimes. I've just cleared my browser cache and cookies and get redirected back to the US site. (Im in Aus)

Opps misread, I thought you were only getting the EU site

I don't know you can try. Australia wasn't among the options for me so I called... You can call now here is 10. 34 am. You can use Skype so its cheaper.

It's 11.30 pm here so I really should be sleeping oops. Also dont want to wake everyone up. If the hours are from 7am I could possibly ring tomorrow when it's a more respectable time of the evening for me.

I get flicked to the EU version of the Disney site sometimes. I've just cleared my browser cache and cookies and get redirected back to the US site. (Im in Aus)

Opps misread, I thought you were only getting the EU site

It gets a bit confusing. I can only get US site on my laptop have cleared cookies and cache with no change. On my phone browser I can only get the EU / UK version no matter what I do. Every link redirects me. It also makes no difference if I am logged in.
If I use incognito mode on my phone I only get the US site again.

I was just exploring dates and offers trying to find something in Pop and tried my phone which swapped me to the EU website with a choice to select UK.

I want the best deal but don't want to cheat the system somehow or have issues. Happy to book through one site for ease and peace of mind but the availability doesn't line up.

Correct. Unless you have a credit card with a US and another with a Europe billing addresses.
I don't want to doubt you, but than this have to be new. I'm from Germany and I never had a problem with a combination of US and European offers. Last time was November with split stay combined of the AP-discount at the US site for first and European offer for the second resort, all with the same European CC. I also didn't have a problem two years ago with the European 14day ticket but room-only via US-website.
But I've recognized that for one month now, I don't have access to the US-website via phone. So am I right that this is a new problem?

This is incorrect
the system definitely let you use a foreign CC

never had any issue booking anything, be it special even tickets, or hotel accomodation (package or room only) with a French CC (or Debit)

the most challenging part is to get to the US site. Workaround to the redirection is to get through the CA webiste, then change to US at the top
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/
the affirmations above according to which you need a US CC and billing adress do not make sense.
There is a dropdown menu for country selection in the billing adress section at check out
it's just a case of selecting the right country matching the CC ...

billin10.jpg

What would happen if I booked it? It just wouldn't let me do the second booking?

just book one stay on the UK site (you'll need to phone as it's restricted to EU/UK adresses online) , then link it to my disney experience when it's in the system (usually up to 10 days)

then go to the us website, and book the other stay, by choosing your country in the billing adress dropdown menu, and if you're logged in to MDX it will link to your account

there is absolutely no issue booking part on the US, part on the UK, or even third party sites, as long as hotel stays dates do not overlap
just be aware that if you have free dining for example, or want to purchase a dining plan, it must be done in conjunction with a hotel and ticket (package) booking, meaning that in order to get dining (paid or free) you would need to get tickets for both stays

there is also no issue getting a US room only booking, and a UK 14 days ticket (those are just not available to US residents)

also note that there is currently a free nights offer on the UK website, meaning that not all rooms are showing up on the UK site, and this will cause availability issue on that site
the offer ends april 1st and from that point on, more rooms will show up on the UK site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter