• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you mix points?

WebmasterCricket

<font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>
Can you use say 6 points from one resort and 6 from another together to make a reservation for one night that requires 12 or do they all have to come from the same place?

You may use points from multiple resorts as long as you are within the seven month window. I just did this to book at Vero for this summer. 10 points from BCV and the remaining points for that night from VWL - no problem. Just double check that they do it the way you want them too. They had to run it through a second time to get my account correct. ::yes::

I have points from 3 different locations and mix all the time....as long as it is seven months you are all set

But if you have different contract numbers, you'll need to use your once a year transfer to transfer the points to the other contract.

but is that once per contract or does it not matter if the points come in or out???

As Deb & Bill stated, if the points are under one membership, main contracrt with add-ons at different resorts, it isn't a problem at all at the 7 month window.

If the points are from two different membership numbers, you would have to transfer from one contract to the other...and that would use your one transfer per year for both contracts.

Unless your add-on contract hasn't closed yet, in which case, you can do precisely squat with a transfer apparently.

Unless your add-on contract hasn't closed yet, in which case, you can do precisely squat with a transfer apparently.

Usually, MS will allow members to make reservations using the add-on points before it has closed, but irreversible transactions (banking/borrowing/transferring) has not been allowed until after closing.

You could have points transferred into your master contract though! :smooth:

You could have points transferred into your master contract though! :smooth:

Unless you are selling the master before you need to use the points. :) They have told me no twice now.

I'm sort of stuck between MS and a hard place. ;)

Unless you are selling the master before you need to use the points. :) They have told me no twice now.

I'm sort of stuck between MS and a hard place. ;)

Correct, if you sell any contract, any upcoming reservations that use points from that contract are cancelled. So you can't use some points from your 'master' contract, combined with points from your 'add-on' contract, and make a reservation, and then sell the master contract prior to the reserved dates.

JC, if you only need 6 points, you might see if someone else will transfer them into your 'add-on' contract, and then make the reservation. (The main issue being someone would use their once/use-year transfer for just 6 points.

JC, if you only need 6 points, you might see if someone else will transfer them into your 'add-on' contract, and then make the reservation. (The main issue being someone would use their once/use-year transfer for just 6 points.

That's the other side of my problem. I can't transfer into that add-on because it's not closed yet. I just got the points I needed transferred in, but I couldn’t "morph" them the way I needed to because of my closing date not being until next month.

My unfortunate solution is that I can't sell my master contract until after the trip which is not going to kill me, it's just really inconvenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter