Can you obtain the DAS pass the night before your parks at WDW?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Trying to determine if this is possible. We have a pre-park opening dining reservation on our first day. 7:55. We aren't sure if we will be able to go to guest services before our ADR that morning (say, at 7:45 or so), or if we'll have to wait until after or until park opening.
We fear wasting precious time once the park opens because the beginning of the day is the only time lines are "short" and will be easier on me.
But we were also not sure if it's something we can do the night before somewhere outside the parks? We've never been to WDW so advice is appreciated!

This is a maybe sometimes you can get a DAS out side the parks sometimes you can not

GS opens when the first gust are let into the park. Even though you have reservation at 8 you can stop by GS before you go you will be fine getting there a few minutes late. Also you can do the short wait lines and then get your DAS pass. I have been able to renew mine at the gust exsprince team and if the park is open they can normally add your first ride then

I’m not sure about outside of the parks, possibly Disney Springs. The night before our first park day we walked over to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary before our California Grill reservation and it worked very well.

I’m not sure about outside of the parks, possibly Disney Springs. The night before our first park day we walked over to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary before our California Grill reservation and it worked very well.
You can not get a DAS at Disney springs. At all never been able to Yes sometimes the out side GR can do the DAS for you sometimes you can not

You can not get a DAS at Disney springs. At all never been able to Yes sometimes the out side GR can do the DAS for you sometimes you can not

So just for clarification so I can understand.
There is guest relations outside the park. If I go to this guest relations outside of the park the day before, they might do it there. If they can't/don't, I can go in before my dining reservation (an hour before the park opens) and do it then?

Is there a guest services at the International Gateway of Epcot? We are staying at POP and planning to take the skyliner over to the Beach Club for dinner our first night. If there's a guest services there it might be worth it to try setting up the DAS then?

There is guest relations outside the park. If I go to this guest relations outside of the park the day before, they might do it there. If they can't/don't, I can go in before my dining reservation (an hour before the park opens) and do it then?
Yes you can try the day before if they can not do it GR opens as soon as any guest are allowed in the park even if it an hour before normal park opening

Is there a guest services at the International Gateway of Epcot? We are staying at POP and planning to take the skyliner over to the Beach Club for dinner our first night. If there's a guest services there it might be worth it to try setting up the DAS then?
yes there is a GR there not sure if they are done with construction there or not so might be more crowded and harder to find Tried to circle close to there GR is there

Attachments

• 25E4FF00-6CB9-4F1B-A9C3-38B33854685C.jpeg
    25E4FF00-6CB9-4F1B-A9C3-38B33854685C.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
Yes, there is a Guest Relations outside of every Theme Park, including the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.
You would need to go thru Security to get into that area, although I am not sure about International Gateway since that area was still under construction when we used it in November.

Yes, it is open all the hours that the park has guests inside, which is before and after the official park open hours.
Guests can enter the park before the official opening time, they are just held in an area before attractions.
You may be able to get DAS before the park opens, but be aware that the wait may be long. Typically, people at Guest Relations before the park opens are getting tickets activated or resolving ticket issues, which may be pretty time consuming. They may ask people who don’t have tickets problems that prevent going into the parks to wait.

op the GR on the outside of the parks can be very busy with people with ticket problems since you are planning on going around dinner time I do not think this will be a problem what might be is they might not have the correct Ipad there with them if this is the case they will not be able to do it for you.

in the morning they are normally not that busy as most are trying to go there ADR or be as close to the front as they can be for rope drop ( all the parks open the front early then the park opening MK opens main street at 8 am for everyone the other parks it just depends but most will open 15-30 minute early and let you into a point unless you have an ADR ). if you do need to stop before your ADR you can still stop at GR it really should not matter if your 10-15 minutes late, now if this is MK and your trying for the mine train then it might but you will have a DAS so you could use this

I agree with the previous poster. GS can get really busy right at opening. Since you won’t be riding anything prior to your reservation, I’d wait and go back to front and get it after when the crowds pick up. Hit a few of the shorter lines as you make your way back to the front.

Trying to determine if this is possible. We have a pre-park opening dining reservation on our first day. 7:55. We aren't sure if we will be able to go to guest services before our ADR that morning (say, at 7:45 or so), or if we'll have to wait until after or until park opening.
We fear wasting precious time once the park opens because the beginning of the day is the only time lines are "short" and will be easier on me.
But we were also not sure if it's something we can do the night before somewhere outside the parks? We've never been to WDW so advice is appreciated!
the one problem we would have with your plan would be being that close to park and not going in would not end well. if it can be done you will need adult/child who needs the DAS with you. for our group this does not work as it would lead to major meltdown at start of trip not a good way to start a trip

the one problem we would have with your plan would be being that close to park and not going in would not end well. if it can be done you will need adult/child who needs the DAS with you. for our group this does not work as it would lead to major meltdown at start of trip not a good way to start a trip

Right, but the DAS is for me. I have significant sensory processing disorder combined with an anxiety disorder. Sensory overload and anxiety have triggered my seizures (also an epileptic, but 6 years w/o meds, though I do have other issues from it) in the past and sensory overload triggers my anxiety which also causes me to vomit.

I won't have a meltdown from going to the guest services desk outside the park unless I get separated from my SO in a crowd outside or something like that.

so this isn't an issue here

Right, but the DAS is for me. I have significant sensory processing disorder combined with an anxiety disorder. Sensory overload and anxiety have triggered my seizures (also an epileptic, but 6 years w/o meds, though I do have other issues from it) in the past and sensory overload triggers my anxiety which also causes me to vomit.

I won't have a meltdown from going to the guest services desk outside the park unless I get separated from my SO in a crowd outside or something like that.

so this isn't an issue here
for us it is a young child/"Disney adult", not adult

We tried to get a DAS the night before a couple of years ago and weren’t able to. We were told at Guest Services they can’t add DAS to a ticket until it has been used or “activated.” If you have extra days on your tickets or an annual pass, it would probably work. Otherwise, you are going to have to wait until the day of.
Sometimes there is a long line at GS and sometimes not. We were able to walk right up during the parade at the Magic Kingdom, so that may be a good time. Also, don’t quote me on it, but I think they may be able to issue a DAS at the Guest Relations Blue Umbrellas throughout some of the parks. That may be another option. Those are also great locations to get a return time without having to go to the actual ride. Really helpful if seeing a ride and not going on immediately causes a meltdown situation.

We tried to get a DAS the night before a couple of years ago and weren’t able to. We were told at Guest Services they can’t add DAS to a ticket until it has been used or “activated.” If you have extra days on your tickets or an annual pass, it would probably work. Otherwise, you are going to have to wait until the day of.
that is a good point I had forgotten about DAS is linked to the ticket information. So, if there is not an active ticket, there is nothing to linkto.
Sometimes there is a long line at GS and sometimes not. We were able to walk right up during the parade at the Magic Kingdom, so that may be a good time.
yes, during the parade is generally a good time since many guests are occupied.
The OP could schedule Fastpasses to start the day and go to Guest Relations after the park has been open a while.
Also, don’t quote me on it, but I think they may be able to issue a DAS at the Guest Relations Blue Umbrellas throughout some of the parks. That may be another option. Those are also great locations to get a return time without having to go to the actual ride. Really helpful if seeing a ride and not going on immediately causes a meltdown situation.
That is a possible option.
Some people have reported being able to request DAS at the Guest Experience blue umbrellas. Others have not been able to- either because they were too busy or because they did not have the iPad that was needed for DAS.

Just to clarify, I don't think Disney Springs gives out DAS because it is not a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter