Can you play a musical instrument?

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
I can play the piano and the organ although I have not done so in years. It seems when I was growing up back in the Stone Age, practically every kid I knew could play something. My son took guitar lessons and my daughter took flute when they were in middle school but that only lasted maybe a month:rotfl: Can you play anything? Can your children?

I play bass. I've been playing for like 10 years at this point. I can't play very well. But its still one of my favorite things to do.

OP do you play an organ like a church organ?

I used to play violin in the 7th - 9th grade orchestra. Then I stopped playing. About 7 years ago I was taking private lessons to learn to play again but I had to stop because of finances. Maybe one day I will try to learn on my own from you tube if that's possible.

My one daughter plays cello and my other daughter used to play viola.

I took piano lessons, but after a few futile years, my parents must have realized I'd never be the next van Cliburn (Stone Age people should get the reference.) Dabbled with a guitar in high school, but I sucked just as bad as the piano. Couldn't even play a decent air guitar. :rotfl:

Younger daughter was very good with several instruments, clarinet, flute, etc. But I doubt she's picked up an instrument since she went away to college.

I play piano and have since I was 7. I don't play a lot now but still do every once in awhile. I also played clarinet in band in high school but haven't played in decades.

My girls are 11 and 8 and have both started piano in 1st grade. It was pretty important to me that they learn. They both enjoy it and do quite well especially DD1 who did her exam last year. They both did the obligatory recorder in school as well. My 11 year old can join band next year and has already said that she wants to learn flute with clarinet as her second choice.

My DH played organ as a child/ teen but hasn't played in many years.

I haven't played in years. In school I played flute & piccolo. Can also play the piano and one of these days I'll start back up again.

I dabbled in the flute and piano but mostly I sang for years. DD's school districts (elementary and now hs) have an excellent, coordinated music program. She has been playing the viola since fourth grade and plans to continue through hs.

I never had the opportunity, but I made sure my kids did. Both took guitar lessons.

DD stuck with it longer than DS did - she actually is pretty talented, although she doesn't have a lot of time for it now. She played a little the other night and our pup was barking at her, he wasn't used to it!

I play a little piano. We bought an electric keyboard this Christmas so I am playing again. I am not very good but I am having a blast.
My boys are a little young for music lessons. DS #1 wants to play the drums :eek: If he keeps pestering us we might have to give in. :rolleyes1

I took piano lessons, but after a few futile years, my parents must have realized I'd never be the next van Cliburn

I can pick out a few songs on the piano, but can't really play. DS did recorder in school, and one summer of guitar.

I played flute from 5th grade until my senior year of high school. Took a few piano lessons several years ago but didn't stick with it. I would love to learn to play the dulcimer. DH plays harmonica (love hearing him and his dad play them together). Our son played saxophone for a year but gave it up. Our daughter played flute and piccolo from 5th grade through senior year. Our two youngest grandsons are playing recorders in school this year, and one of them is learning to play violin as well.

I play the tuba and am in two bands - the Good Times Band and a New Horizons band. If you are an adult and are interested in picking up your instrument again, you might want to check to see if there is a New Horizons band in your area.
http://www.newhorizonsmusic.org/

I played piano and organ (church) for years when I was younger. 2 boys and a fulltime job kind of took over my life. I've been in the handell choir at church for the past 14-16 years.

Both of my boys took piano lessons for a couple of years. Youngest DS (he's now 23) gave up piano after about 2 years; he learned to play bari sax in junior high, played it all thru high school (marching band, jazz band), but hasn't done a thing since he graduated. I think he did it more for the social aspect of band rather than the love of music.;)

Oldest DS (he's now 24) is one of those people with perfect pitch and lots of innate talent. He was also in our church handbell choir with me from junior high until he went off to college; we'd be rehearsing and someone would play a wrong note, and DS would say "it's supposed to be a Bb5, not B natural." The rest of us (including the director) might know that we heard a wrong note, but DS knew which note was wrong. :thumbsup2 Around 6th-7th grade, he started playing trumpet, played all thru high school and college (marching band and jazz band for both), and now he's still playing trumpet in our community band. I'm glad with all of his talent that he's still enjoying his music; I hope he continues for a long time!

Haven't played in years, but I played trombone & I was actually really good.

Piano (although I'm kind of rusty). I'm in the bell choir at church. A little bit of guitar. Used to play saxophone, but it's been almost 30 years since I picked one up.

Our daughter can play piano, french horn, mellophone, trumpet, and guitar, and was in the bell choir at church for 4 years. Our son can play saxophone and baritone and a little guitar, and was in the bell choir for two years. Both children sing.

My wife can play the recorder and the piano (a bit), and played saxophone through most of middle and high school.

I played flute from 5th grade to Senior year in high school.

DD plays flute and DH and DS don't know how to play any instruments.

I play piano and organ. I've been a church organist since the weekend before I turned 15. I played a little violin in high school (very little). I played saxophone in 5th-7th grade and told my mom if she let me quit band, I would concentrate more on piano.

DD16 plays piano a little. I have to say it has not gone too well with me being her teacher because we don't stick with it enough. So easy to just put off. I really wish she were farther along at this point. DD13 plays guitar a little. My brother is a guitar teacher and when we see him about twice a year he can get DD to do great things. But not a lot happens in between those visits. We tried lessons with the HS band teacher and they were useless. So yeah, my kids are just puttering along but they do know a little.

Yes, I took piano lessons for years when I was a kid.
I must have been pretty good as at recital time, I was like 8 yrs old playing amongst the 12 and 13 yr olds.:rolleyes2
My mom has the piano at her house so I don't play often, but when I'm at her house I usually sit and play.
I prefer to play classical pieces that I learned back in (cough cough) the early 70s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter